Need help with New York City hotels

Not an obvious choice because it isn't cheap. Check out the Omni Berkshire Place. They are running a promotion called "Suite deal." If you stay three nights, you get the third night for $20.17. It's a promotion for the year. We stayed there in May and it ended up being cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express Times Square South (also a great hotel).

If you join their loyalty programme (free), you get Internet, newspaper, turndown service and a morning beverage each day. Kids get a welcome pack and cookies and milk on their first night. Be sure to mention any special occasion. They delivered champagne, chocolates and strawberries for our anniversary. It is so well located. (Fifth and 43 rd. )

Another vote for the Affinia Shelburne in Midtown. It's reasonably priced and some rooms have small kitchen areas that make it easy to have breakfast and snacks in the room. It's about a block from Grand Central so it's easy to get around the city from there.

I just got back from taking my daughters girl scout troop that I lead to NYC. We stayed at the Sheraton Times Square. So worth the extra the cost and not having to commute from NJ. It's so close the subway. Times square is a very short walk away. Very convenient to everything the girls wanted to do in Manhattan.

I agree! I would never stay in NJ if I was making a trip to see NYC- not worth the travel time and hassle, so much more convenient and fun staying in NYC.

NYC is expensive. I would do priceline or hotwire in the Times Sq area as it is central somewhat. You are going to spend too much time and stress traveling to your touring destinations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!