Need HELP with our SPENDING budget ! !

katefromny

Mouseketeer
We are a family of four (dh, myself, daughter age 5, son age 2). We will be staying at the BWV and the WLV for a combined total of 8 nights in April. We have a grocery stop planned on our way to The World. We plan to do a few character dinners (one Cindy's breakfast hopefully, plus a Chef Mickeys and a Park Faire). We also plan to eat the majority of our breakfasts in our room (since we'll have a 2 bedroom with full kitchen). We will probably eat a couple of pb&j there for lunches as well, and have PS for most of our dinners--including the California Grill, Boma, O'hanas and Whispering Canyon, in addition to the character meals I mentioned earlier). We don't plan to buy too many souvies while there--maybe a couple for each of the kids, and a shirt or hat for each adult. My husband will be playing 18 holes of golf one day (twilight rate, $ 70). Otherwise, we'll just be spending on incidentals...mickey ice cream bars and such. What would be a good budget to shoot for? Do you think this can be done on $1500 -- is that too much or too little? Any suggestions welcome!!

I think you'll have plenty of money. We usually budget $100.00 per day for 4 of us, dh, myself, and our 2 ds's. We usually do a couple charachter meals and a couple nice dinners. We might have a couple drinks, or a bottle of wine with dinner, so that might cost you more.

Leah

We also plan on about $100.00 per day in spending money. There are four of us (self, DH, DS and DD). W usually do at least one nice mael per day, and have included many of the places you have mentioned. We keep the kids purchases to a minimum and suggest that they use thier own money (allowance, gifts from b-days etc.). The kids tend to be more frugal when they have to dip into thier own pockets!;) . The last time we went we spent just slightly over $800.00 for a 10 day visit. The sharing thing is also a great way to avoid wasting food. I really get frustrated when so much food goes to waste.

thanks so much for the idea! With our kids being so young (and me being on a perpetual diet!), I think we'll be sharing many of our meals--I also HATE to waste food (and $$) on something the kids only take two bites of.

I think you'll be fine :). I kept and logged every receipt for food on 2 different WDW trips. We are also DVC members so we buy groceries (go to Publix or the Wal*Mart Super Center) plus eat out. We eat at a variety of restaurants, food court, counter service, fancy (California Grill, Flying Fish, etc) and off site. Both times we spent an average of $40 per day per adult.

If you want to save $$ on souvineers, take a trip to the Premier Outlet mall and hit the Character Outlet which has WDW merchandise at 50% or more!

I think we'll be sharing many of our meals--I also HATE to waste food (and $$) on something the kids only take two bites of.
Be aware that your DD will be charged at all of the buffets no matter how much she eats. Your DS is free unless you order him something off the menu.

Its always good to budget high. We are also, a family of 4 and we usually stay under a $100 a day. If you want to cut back a little bit more change some of your dinner meals into lunches. THis is a good way to save some money. You alway pay $5 to $10 more a head (Adult). Then have a light dinner. But, you have a budget going for yourself!!

We spend about $200 a day NOW but never that much when the kids were your age..we don't buy souveniers anymore, eat breakfast in our room, eat fast food lunches and a nice dinner. But, our kids are teens now which adds loads to the dinner (and lunch) budget. Your kids are much younger, there is a huge difference! Have a nice trip.

Thank you all for your replies...I'm feeling pretty good about our budget now, and confident we can do it on $1500. Who knows, maybe we'll even come home with some change!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter