Need help with Sizzix application

josanna

Earning My Ears<br><font color=9966ff>Josh Hartnet
I got a Sizzix machine and script alphabet for Christmas and I am finally using it. I've cut all my letters out, but how the heck do you mount them on a page? They end up being so tiny! I used upper and lower case. I think I may remember someone telling me to apply the adhesive before you cut, but then how does that work? I am using a CM mini tape runner and having to peel off the mini squares and even folding some of them over. This is so NOT fun! :scared: Please, someone tell me how you apply the letters to your page so I can not regret that I asked for this for Christmas!! Thanks!

Someone here suggested to me sending the pieces through my Xyron sticker maker. It has been a complete lifesaver for me. Before that, I'd been running them over with my Dotto adhesive but they always got tangled up. The Xyron is the best for the tiny pieces.

Do you have a Xyron 100 aka "little X"? Or have heard of it? I put my letters in the Xyron which attaches the adhesive. I think that's what they mean about applying adhesive before you cut - although I don't do that...it's too messy & gunks up the Sizzlit. One thing though - I've found it is much much easier to put the letters in if you take the cartridge out instead of trying to get thim into the X right-size up. LOL

If I had it to do over again, I'd just buy the cartridge & skip the X thingy. I think it wastes too much adhesive.

Oh - and I use a pair of tweezers to put the letters into the X instead of trying to use my big fingers. ;)

I was wondering about that ... I just got a little X for my sizzix letters and was noticing it wasted A LOT of adhesive. I'll have to try it without the machine :-) Thanks for idea!

I use the X or I use a skinny blue zig pen. YOu can hold it with a pair of tweezers of just by one corner. Either one works for me. Script is the only one I have to and was suprised how small it really is. I really want to get round about because it is big!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter