Need helpwith Airlines BOS to MCO

maureenmac

Mouseketeer
Our son moved to Boston and I am unfamiliar with the airlines that fly out of Logan to Orlando. Can anyone give me some advice on which airlines fly direct? Also I would appreciate any preferences and reasons. Thank you very much.:D

We used to fly out of Logan many years ago so I'm not sure about current layout of airport, etc.. But I know that many carriers fly direct like:
AirTran
American West
American
American Trans Air
Delta
MidWest
Northwest
United
USAirways

I'm sure others in the area will have more info on specifics for you.

We live about 15 miles so of boston. Depending on the cost, we sometimes fly out of Providence. Southwest flys direct from PVD to MCO, last October we flew for $119 each, R/T, could not beat that price!!

Patty

Delta and American provide direct flights to BOS.

USAirways, AirTran, United, Continental, Northwest all provide connecting flights through their respective hubs.

Song Air.....which is Delta's answer to Jet Blue will be takiing over the Delta Express operation in the very near future.

Providence (PVD) sometimes proves to be a better alternative espcially with Southwest being there but that is not always the case. It pays to always check both places and PVD is an hour south of Boston.

www.orbitz.com is a great site for comparing the prices.

Good luck and enjoy your flight!

:D Thank you for the info. Will start checking out prices for Oct. I know SW won't have their schedule out yet. To be truthful I am a bit afraid to book too early considering all the posts with changes when you book far in advance. We have been flying Jet Blue from JFK and love it. Booked Oct. trip last week for DH and me and I am not concerned about them, but Delta and some others seem to be making some major changes. I am not sure if the changes will effect larger airports like Logan, but you can never tell.

To find out what airlines fly out of Logan, do a search for Logan Airport and that site will list the airlines.

http://www.massport.com/logan/default.asp

the only time I'll fly out of logan is on the weekend (usually early am), sometimes beantown traffic can be difficult.
Providence is small like Bradley, which I usally fly out of, except American doesn't have direct flights to Orlando. We fly American because my soon to be FIL gives us his airmiles (Thanks Henry!)

Another option to explore could be Manchester, NH. http://www.flymanchester.com/. Good luck!

]
Providence is small like Bradley, which I usally fly out of, except American doesn't have direct flights to Orlando. We fly American because my soon to be FIL gives us his airmiles (Thanks Henry!)[/QUOTE
PVD is miles above BDL, which, IMHO, is an insult to anyone who travels. Even a little tiny airport in Arkansas is superior to Bradley. Again, it is an insult, especially to anyone in CT who pays the taxes we pay to live here.

Hi Gail,
You must have had some bad experiences with Bradley. What in particular do you think is wrong with it? I've been fortunate to not have had any bad experiences flying in/out of Bradley.
I wouldn't expect Bradley to be a huge bustling first class airport, it's not like Hartford is the booming city.
PVD was nice, it has about half the amount of gates that Bradley does. The upgrades they have done to it make it look nice for a small airport.

ckj,
I have not had a bad experience at Bradley, I just find it to be a second class airport, and while you may say that Hartford is not a booming city, that is no excuse not to have a decent looking airport. Providence has gone miles to improve, and I know that Hartford is trying also and I cannot wait to see what it is like when finished. This is supposed to be one of the richest states in the Union, I would like to see an airport to match.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter