Need info on Hotel Royal Plaza at Downtown Disney

DisneyFreaks

<font color="red">Don't get me started about those
I am starting to pull my hair out trying to decide on where to stay. Now I have looked at the Hotel Royal Plaza web site and it looks pretty good. Eapecially since I have heard you can get 50% off rates with the entertainment book. Does anyone have an opinion of this hotel they could share? Has anyone stayed there recently? I'd like to know good and bad. Where are they on the bus line? Will buses be too crowded to get a seat? Also can you participate in the E-Nights if you are staying there? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I stayed there in feb , with my sisters, we had a great time, the rooms were nice and clean the people were very friendly, and the food there was good too, The bus system , it ran about every 20 minutes and we always had a seat and it was never crowded.
I would stay there again.
Mrsmom
Allstar resort Dec 95"
Holiday Inn sunspree resort Oct 98"
Westgate lakes Sept 2000"
Royal Plaza Resort Feb 2001
Westgate lakes Nov 2002

Thanks MrsMom! You have been quite helpful. The Royal Plaza is looking better and better to me now.

We just came back one week ago from the Royal Plaza. I booked through Hotwire ($63/night) and was given a standard Lanai room. I hated the room, and it smelled extremely musty. The girl at the front desk did eventually switch us to a Tower King (room 605) which did look just like the picture on their website. That room was extremely spacious and overlooked the pool.

The pool is about 4 feet deep at the most shallow end (if you have small children). There is no kiddie pool. The jacuzzi was pretty large. They do have a pool bar which seemed nice.

Their restaurant is pretty good and a nice break from the Disney prices.

The hotel does not qualify for e-nights. You can do early entry, but if you really want to go to the parks early, be at the bus pickup area for the 7:00a.m. pickup. The next bus won't arrive until 8:00a.m.....then they're supposed to run about every 20 minutes, but it's more like 1/2 hour. We always had a seat on the bus when picked up at the hotel....I think the buses pick up first at the Hilton, then the Marriott, then the Royal Plaza. However, if you're leaving MK at closing, you may not get a seat on the first bus. Sometimes there are several buses already there waiting, sometimes there were not. I was not thrilled with the bus service, but it was adequate. They are very comfortable, though.

Overall, the Royal Plaza is on par with a 3 star hotel rating. It was renovated about 2 years ago. The people who work there are very friendly. The lobby is nice. The newer room we were moved to on the 6th floor was great. I don't know about the poolside Lanai rooms, but I would stay away from the ones facing the parking lot. I would definitely consider staying at that hotel again for a different vacation.....I did feel slighted by the transportation.

I pretty much agree with the previous comments. My husband and I stayed there last Dec. in a Tower King room and it wasn't the most luxurious room (although it did have a small jacuzzi tub) but it was clean and the transportation was fairly efficient. We did drive to the parks a couple of times but I'm impatient. :) Our rate was $89 so we did okay price wise for that time of year. Personally, you can probably get a room on property for as much and the transportation is better. But I have no complaints with the hotel.

Thanks a bunch Disneystruck and Kityrussell. I really appreciate your help. It's getting so hard trying to make a decision that any info sure comes in handy. I'll make note that we would want a tower room if we choose Hotel Plaza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter