need info. on the two parks, please.

sunie

Earning My Ears
Please tell me what the differences are between the two disneyland parks. I sit worth it to go to both? If so, can you do both in one day. I will be traveling up from San Diego and will only be there on day. If it is not possible to do both, which would you recomend? I have never been to either. Thanks for any help/opinions.

Disneyland wins hands down. You Can do both but it'd be very expensive. I have read a lot of negative reviews of DCA, divided between the lack of theming in the park and the lack of Rides in the park. DCA was created for the older person (a little more intense rides) but Disneyland....Pure Magic. I could write for hours on the merits of Disneyland.

I won't tho...I'll just urge you to see the Original Theme Park -

Disneyland

I love both parks, for different reasons and I think both are must sees, but if you only have one day and don't want to run around like a chicken with your head cut off, then got for DL only. I can see both in just one day, but I know both parks really well and only want to go on certain rides on a given visit. They have a 1-day hopper ($73), and with careful planning you could manage to see the highlights of both parks.

My wife and I enjoy both parks. My kids, being 6, 5 and 2, love Disneyland. We go to CA for the electrical parade (my 6 yr old's favorite) and to take a bit of a break from the crowds. My two oldest did enjoy Soaring over California when we went on it last time! There is enough to do at CA to keep their interest.

Disneyland is by far the superior park - everything about it is just magic, from the layout to the rides to the decorations etc - the park itself is the attraction and the rides are a bonus.

DCA is, at first look, a disappoiintment, it looks like every other theme park you've been to. But it has great rides - especially California, Soarin, Grizzly River Run and Tower of terror.

A pass to hop between the two parks costs about $20 more and in my opinion is worth it.

Don't spend long at DCA just get the three rides I mentioned above, and spend the rest of the day in Disneyland just soaking up the atmosphere and taking a few of the better rides like Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Peter Pan, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and if time permits, Big Thunder, Pooh and Matterhorn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter