Need "locals' Advice

Diz

Mouseketeer
Can any "local" give me some much needed info on Clearwater/Tampa beaches?

We have been to Coco Beach, but have heard that the beaches on the gulf side are 100 times better

Also, if you know of a good webpage that may have a message board on Florida beaches would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ron
Vegas Photo Guide

Skip Clearwater Beach and go to either St. Petersburg Beach or Siesta key (near Brandon).

Personally, the Gulf Beaches in the St. Pete area are the most relaxing. It's a lot easier to see the sunset everyday rather then getting up for sunrise on the east coast. From Clearwater down to St. Pete there must be 20 little towns. It gets confusing. There's the City of St. Petersburg's beach, and then there's the City of St. Pete Beach. That's two different cities. The John Pass Village area has shops, food, fishing, jet ski, etc. There is parasailing up and down the area. Lots of goos places to eat. There are still quite a few small vintage motels ans cottages. We stayed in a cottage a few years ago and stepped off the front porch right on to the beach. I prefer the southern end. From small mom and pop places to the Don CeSar are all there. You can stroll the beaches for miles.

BTW, Dznefreak, I'm sure it's a typo, but it's Bradenton for that beach. Brandon would be a bit of a drive.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter