• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need opinions???

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, if you were planning on going to Universal one day, sea world one day and a day at Kennedy Space center/cocoa beach, would you rent car for 5 days, or take another alternative. We are at a toss-up what to do. What have other people done?? Right now we are planning on NOT renting a car. There are 9 of us in group too. Thanks for any input. :)

Hi,

I always rent a car in Orlando even if I'm staying at a Disney resort only.

I like the flexibility and freedom to come and go as I please.

If you are going that many places offsite, I would definitely rent a van or two cars. Renting two small cars might be less than getting one large van.

Herc.

Yes, I would definately rent a car. The flexibility to go to other resorts to dine and to be able to keep your group together will be worth it. Besides, you may pay the same if not more to use alternative transportation.

I've done WDW without a car but to visit a variety of places, definitely rent two cars or one large van. You'll appreciate the flexibility and it would probably end up cheaper than arranging for towncar service or taxis.

This is what I have found out---Renting a 15 passanger van for 9 days is MORE than us taking towncar service, I checked for just one day renting car for KSC/Beach and towncar is about $100.00 more. The inconvience of renting, taking back and trying to find way home--via taxi after drop-off of car, might not be worth the $100.00 savings. Now what would people do--???? Again any help would be great---Thanks for everyone who replied. I couldn't believe Van was more--like $300.00 more than taking towncar. I kind of like the idea of being driven around, and knowing car will be waiting for me and me not walking to car. Guess I better listen to my inner-self--sounds like I am making up my mind. Has anyone else gone other places and not had own car??? we are relying on WDW transp. for rest of trip. Thanks again. :)

I got a bit confused. Let's try to clarify the situation. You will be spending 4 visiting WDW and prefer to use WDW transportation while visiting the WDW parks. Then you want to spend 5 days visiting other near-by attractions and want to know the best/easiest transportation.

Can anyone tell us if there are auto rentals available near WDW which would not entail a trip back to the airport to rent and drop off the car/van? Are any shuttles available to/from car rental locations?

If you were just visiting one offsite location, I would say to go ahead and use towncar or taxi service. However, for several days, it will get expensive. If renting a large van is too expensive, try pricing 2 cars.

thanks everyone,

we are going with towncar service for airport pick-up/drop off, universal & seaworld and renting 2 cars for ksc/beach for day. never thought to rent 2 cars--cheaper than a van. And towncar service is cheaper than 2 cars. Thanks for all the help. Everything is reserved now. Wheww glad that is done and not breaking the wallet either. :p :) thanks again saved over $300 doing it this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter