need recipes using cube steaks

pas2

Mouseketeer
I only know one way to fix cube steaks that we are all getting tired of, can anyone give me some new ideas. I usually just season them like I would a steak and fry them. Thanks very much.

Here are a few:

This from http://www.donogh.com

Cube Steaks Au Poivre
This is quick and easy and the kids will love a "fancy French meal" made from an inexpensive cut of meat. Complete the French theme with french fries and french cut green beans!

Ingredients:
4 beef cube steaks
1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce

Directions:
Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook cube steaks in butter, until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove to plates or a serving platter.

To the skillet drippings stir in water, lemon juice and Worchestershire sauce. Stir to heat and remove the browned bits from the skillet. Serve sauce over steak. Makes 4 servings.

This one from http://www.allrecipes.com

Ingredients

4 beef cube steak
ground cumin to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
water as needed

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2 Place the steaks in a 9x13 inch baking dish and season with cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the pepper and onion over the meat and pour salsa over all, adding some water as needed to the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with foil.
3 Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes.

Makes 4 servings

* Exported from MasterCook *

PIZZA STYLE CUBE STEAKS

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Beef Italian

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 x Cube steak
1/2 ts Lemon
Dill weed
Rosemary
1 sl Tomato
1/2 ts Salad oil
Salt/black pepper
Oregano
1 sl Provolone cheese

Brush steak with the oil and lemon juice. Broil 5 min.
quickly on one side. Turn and sprinkle with herbs.
Broil 5 min on the other side. Turn off broiler and
top with cheese and tomato. Serve on toast.

This from http://www.atasteofthai.com
Red Chili Pepper Cube Steaks
4 Servings

1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed (15ml)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic (15ml)
1 teaspoon salt (5ml)
1 cup A Taste of Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce (250ml)
4 tablespoons A Taste of Thai Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce (60ml)
4 cube steaks 4
1 tablespoon olive oil (15ml)

In a bowl, combine peppercorns, garlic, salt, Sweet Red Chili Sauce and Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce.
Place cube steaks in a shallow dish.
Pour marinade over steaks, turning to coat evenly.
Cover and marinate at least 11/2 hours.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Add cube steaks. Brown on each side for 1-2 minutes.
Slice very thin against the grain.
Serve.

Serving Suggestion: Serve in a pita pocket with peppers, onions and feta cheese.
Use additional Sweet Red Chili Sauce as a condiment

Seasoned Cooking March 2001 Issue

Cube Steak Diane
by Philip R. Gantt

Welcome to Seasoned Cooking and to Phil's International Flair!

Here is an elegant recipe that I would call a poor man's version of Steak Diane. Steak Diane is made with a prime cut of beef filet. This recipe uses cube steak instead. The cube steak won't be as tender as a filet, but this recipe will be every bit as flavorful and much cheaper to make. I like to smother this dish with sliced mushrooms, although the mushrooms are optional. If you don't like mushrooms, simply leave them out of the recipe.

The recipe presented this month is from my yet to be published cookbook, Phil's Family and Friends Cookbook. Feel free to email me at pgantt@seasoned.com with your comments and requests.

Now, on to the recipe!

Cube Steak Diane
Select about 4 medium-sized cube steaks for this recipe. I prefer to use green onions, however white or yellow onions will work just as well. Use what you have on hand, and follow the basic seasoning instructions and you should be very pleased with the outcome.
4 cube steaks
Seasoned flour
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed and diced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
5 tbsp. chopped parsley
1/4 tsp. dried tarragon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. dried summer savory
1/2 cup red cooking wine
1/4 cup brandy
1 green onion, diced
First, coat each cube steak with the seasoned flour. I keep a zip lock bag of seasoned flour in my pantry and use it for a variety of dishes. Doing it this way saves time when you need to prepare a meal for your family. My bag of flour is simply seasoned with salt and pepper, although you can add some herbs as well. Just be frugal on the use of the herbs, as you will want this general purpose seasoned flour to be used for a variety of things over time, and you don't want any one herb or spice to overpower any other seasoning.
Next, melt half a cube of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
Carefully place the floured cube steaks into the skillet and simmer for approximately 4 minutes each side, or until slightly browned. Add a little Worcestershire Sauce and turn each steak once to brown a little further. Remove the cube steaks when done and set them aside in a plate. Once the cube steaks are removed, put the garlic and onions into the skillet and saute for about 1 minute. Add the red cooking wine (I prefer a chardonney) to deglaze the skillet, stirring constantly.
Now, return the cube steaks back to the skillet and top with the mushrooms, lemon juice and parsley, reserving some of the parsley for garnish. Stir all the ingredients together and simmer over high heat for about 1 minute. Add the savory and tarragon.
Finally, add the brandy and flambe immediately by holding a lit match over the skillet. Stir the mixture until the flames die out and then serve, topping the steaks with the mushrooms and sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley and diced green onions, if desired.
Enjoy!

Serve this dish with green beans, steamed carrots, and baked potatoes.

Yields: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 25 minutes

Cube Steaks-CP
This very good and tender
Put your cube steak into a crock pot
Add 1 can of mushroom soup
1/2 can of water
1 onion

Cook on high for about 4 hours .
Mexican Cube Steaks

4 cube steaks, about 5oz each
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 tbsp butter
1 (16oz) jar salsa
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Sprinkle cube steaks with taco seasoning. Heat butter in skillet. Brown cube steaks
in butter on both sides until brown. Reduce heat, cook until cooked to your liking.
Pour salsa in and let simmer until warmed through. Sprinkle cheese on top, cover with
a lid a minute (until cheese melts) and serve. Baked potatoes and green beans are
good with this.

Wow, thanks for all the recipes! I really had trouble finding any recipes on the websites I knew and cookbooks I owned. Thankyou also for adding the web addresses for me to bookmark.

I don't have exact measures for this but...

Dredge the pieces in a mixture of flour, salt & pepper and sear both sides using a small amount of oil. (I just spray my pans with the Misto & it's enough.) Turn pieces to sear on both sides.

Cover meat with either canned tomatoes. I use tomato soup mixed with 1/2 can of water.

Reduce heat, cover & simmer 1 hour. Serve with mashed potatoes.

My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and she used more oil & actually sautees the meat. She puts onion and sometimes green pepper in the oil with the meat. I don't do this because I'm allergic, but DH likes it this way.

pas2,

All I did was go to http://www.google.com and put in cube steak.

I have the google toolbar downloaded, so it is always there to do an easy search.

Glad you think you may be able to use a few.

Season and flour steaks, then fry them in a little oil. When juices run clear, remove and drain skillet. In skillet, pour a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup and a half can of milk. Stir well. Add steaks and simmer till soup becomes a gravy. A family favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter