Need some opinions on the rides

Limmer

DIS Veteran
OK, my DH is trying to make me promise to go on some of the mountains and a few other rides that I am not sure about. I need some honest opinions comparing the rides to Wonderland rides as they are the only ones I know. I can ride Wilde Beast and Skyrider very easily and I enjoy them but I hate the Bat and will not go on Drop Zone. How do compare Test Track, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Rocknroller Coaster to these? He hates to go on the rides alone and last year I would not go on anything just to be safe. I would like to try a few but I don;t want to be sick.

Splash Mountain, it was awesome and not scary at all. Its more a theme ride, Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox!!! Great fun!

My dad's the same way about rides! He prefers to just sit and wait for us to finish our ride. But he did do Test Track and really liked it. I think that you could handle test track.

If you won't go on Drop Zone then I would recommend not going on Tower of Terror. Its very similar, the only thing that I find more comforting at Disney is that I trust the ride more, than Drop Zone (I guess just because it's disney!) Tower of Terror now was more drops then before and I think it's very scary

As for splash mountain, you should definately ride it! If you can ride Wilde Beast and Skyrider you will be fine. The ride is amazing. There are so many things to look at and enjoy during the ride. It's very well done.

Space Mountain isn't that bad either. The only thing is that you don't get to see what's coming. Take a trip on TTA and it takes you through space mountain so you can get a feel for it. There are no loops and no really big drops.

Good luck!! Have a great vacation! :bounce:

It's been a few years since I've been to Wonderland. Is Skyrider the stand-up one that goes upside and in circles at the end that makes my head hurt??? If so, then you can definitely do Rock'n'RollerCoaster ! It's a very short ride but is so great. As long as you don't mind a couple of upside down turns, you will love it. As for all 3 of the mountains, they are all pretty tame in comparison to roller coasters. Splash Mountain is my favourite attraction. I truly believe no one should miss out on this one because it is just so well done. I love Tower of Terror too, but if you really don't like Drop Zone, you probably won't like ToT because it drops you several times, and if you're sitting in the front row, it's pretty freaky when those doors open up and you're viewing the world !!!

Just had to add that I don't like upside down rides, but I love RnR! It is so smooth! We rode it more than a dozen times one Annual Pass morning when it first opened up! Now, I find Space Mountain just jerks you around. . .

I'm not a big fan of roller coasters. The only ones at Wonderland that I ride are the one in the mountain (Thunder run?) and once the Vortex. I've ridden Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and RnR Coaster and loved them all! I prefer the ones in the dark since I can't see what's coming to worry about it.
My DH would never go on Drop Zone, but he did go on ToT and enjoyed it.
Test Track is a great ride. I think you should be fine on it.
For the most part, Disney rides are pretty tame compared to some of the rides at Wonderland. You should be fine riding most of them. If you're worried about motion sickness, you might try Bonine. I use it occasionally for times like this, and it doesn't make you sleepy.

Limmer -

If you can ride the rides you mentioned at Wonderland, you will have no problems with any of the Mountains, or Test Track, or RnR for that matter.

I am the biggest 'frady' cat going, and I loved Test Track!
Have a great time!

having a disney day.......:Pinkbounc

Hi ~ I compare PCW rides to WDW rides all the time ~ here is what I think...

Splash Mtn's drop is identical to the 5 storey drop of Timberwolf Falls.

Space Mtn. is sorta, kinda, not really like Big Thunder Mtn. in the way that it's indoors and has a cool little light section. But Space Mtn. is more roller coaster like, where BTM is like a run away train ~ more like Big Thunder Railroad at MK.

Buzz Lightyear and Scoopy Doo at PCW are similar in the way that you shoot lights for points in a black light environment.

Premival Whirl at AK is like the Fly, but PW's car turn.

Tea Cups are like Spinator beside Dragon Fire and in Kidszone there is a small Tea Cup ride (did that today!) called Flavourator ~ my kids love that one.

Kali River Rapids are similar to White Water Canyon.

ToT and Drop Zone are similar in the fact that they drop, but I LOVE ToT and I HATE Drop Zone. ToT is WAY WAY WAY better!

I was on the Swan Ride at PCW today and it reminded me of outdoor very short boat type rides at WDW like It's A Small World.

There are two kiddy rides, Aerofield and the Helicopter's, that are similar to Dumbo, Triceratop Spin and Aladdin in the way that kids control the up and down ~ but they are only kiddy rides.

Goofy's Barnstormer is a cross between Ghoster Coaster and Taxi Jam.

A carrousel is a carrousel any where ~ but Cinderella's does seem more special.

The 7th Portal Action FX Theatre is WAY cool! Comparable to any 3D seat-moving attrations WDW has.

IMO, PCW has way better roller coasters than WDW, with the exception of RnR, which is way up there in the thrill dept.!

The water park at PCW is very cool! They just added a new water slide, Riptide Racer, that is just like the one at BB. I like PCW water park better than TL and BB because of it's size and slides.

I hope helps! Sandra

PS: We are BIG PCW goers! We are even visiting Paramount King's Island in Ohio this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter