• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need suggestions for Fairbanks activities, please

Bete

DIS Veteran
I read through a great thread for Anchorage activities, but I couldn't find one for Fairbanks.

Will all of you be kind enough to share your experiences in Fairbanks, too.

There's nothing better than getting suggestions from the ones who have been there, already.

What places are a must see from Fairbanks? TIA for your responses.

I read through a great thread for Anchorage activities, but I couldn't find one for Fairbanks.

Will all of you be kind enough to share your experiences in Fairbanks, too.

There's nothing better than getting suggestions from the ones who have been there, already.

What places are a must see from Fairbanks? TIA for your responses.
Oh! Where is the Anchorage thread???

Thanks, Sayhello

Oh! Where is the Anchorage thread???

Thanks, Sayhello

what I did is a disboard search for Alaska and then I read different posts. Anchorage activities should come up for you if you do the same.

All future travellers to Fairbanks, please let us know your optional activities when you get back. TIA.

redzinner, you've been playing on your CP! The added line to your siggy cracks me up! And I agree about the wine, but loved the pic of your sweet pooch in your avatar. :goodvibes

redzinner, you've been playing on your CP! The added line to your siggy cracks me up! And I agree about the wine, but loved the pic of your sweet pooch in your avatar. :goodvibes
You're right kristilew, I have been playing with my CP. I put that heart in the glass avatar on for Valentine's Day. I'll have to put a newer picture of Raggedy Man (Rags) up there soon.

Several years ago we flew into Fairbanks as the land tour beginning of an inside passage cruise. The cruise company was Cruise West. Two of the activities we really enjoyed were visiting the University of Alaska Museum of the North for it's Native American displays and taking the Chena Riverboat Cruise.
I don't know what Abd has included in the tour but these are both worth the time if you have it.
I did the Chena Riverboat Cruise, also, on the land portion of a cruisetour. It was very enjoyable! Besides being a pleasant way to see an area of Fairbanks, we saw a bush plane take off & land, spent some time on an island in a re-created Athabascan Indian village, had a demonstration by an Iditarod dog kennel (may be the same one that's on the ABD tour, but what we saw was brief, and from the riverboat).

We also did panning for gold at a local gold mine, but there is a gold panning activity included in the ABD tour.

redzinner, I'm going to have to check out that University of Alaska Museum of the North. Sounds fun, and I will have some time on my own the first day of the tour in Fairbanks.

Sayhello

Hi All -

We went to Fairbanks as part of a cruisetour before our cruise in July. Fairbanks was actually our favorite part of the land portion. The Chena Riverboat tour was awesome! If you go, tell Dixie we said hi!! I looked on the ABD site for the Alaska itinerary and the Susan Butcher portion of ABD might be a duplicate of the Chena Riverboat. I have posted a link for you.

http://fairbanks-alaska.com/riverboat-discovery.htm

After our Chena tour, we wen to the Salmon Bake at Pioneer Park. The food was great (its all you can eat) and the park itself was quite charming. Here's a link:

http://www.alaskatravel.com/fairbanks/alaska-salmon-bake.html

After we ate too much for dinner, we walked around the park before catching the rather cheesy, yet entertaining show, The Golden Heart Revue:

http://www.akvisit.com/palace.html

My kids had fun going into the 40 Below room where you get to feel what 40 below actually feels like. I think it was $7.00 and the look on their faces when they came out was well worth it!

If you haven't been to Alaska, you will be in awe of its beauty. We went in July and froze our rear ends off. One lady in Talkeetna (another cute little town) said she was going to make shirts that said - The coldest winter I ever experienced was the summer I spent in Alaska!!!

There is also a restaurant in Fairbanks that we loved called Gambardella's. Here's their info:

http://www.gambardellas.com/

Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter