Need tips for cat. 11 stateroom

plutojudy

When you wish upon a star.....
Having stayed in cat. 6 room for our four previous cruises we are switching to a cat 11 for #5. We are thinking of ways to make it bearable. We know we need night lights and a clock that stays lit. Any other suggestions from people who have stayed in cat. 11 rooms? (Just two adults, no kids.)

We've only stayed in a Cat.11. I'd rather go more often. We only use it for sleeping and getting ready. It is also an incentive to get our day started when we are awake. Unless we have something special planned, we just wake when our bodies wake and then we hop to it so we don't waste any of the gorgeous day doing mundane things like bathing or putting on makeup. I mean even if the view is really good, to put on makeup properly you have to be focused on your face. That way I'm not sidetracked by anything because who wants to be inside!

I would definitely take the over the door shoe hanger for the Category 11. I didn't use it in the 6 but needed it in the 11. Nasi

We stayed in a category 11 and the over the door shoe holder was the best!!! We didn't use a nightlight because we left the closet door open a bit (when the closet door is open the light stays on). We took a small alarm clock that lights up but never used it... we always woke up before our wake up call. You might want to take an extension cord - if I remember correctly, there was only one plug in by the dresser...
- Annie

We stayed in a cat 11 on our first cruise and really enjoyed it. We slept so peacefully- it was so dark! The biggest hurtle that I would think would be just the 1 bathroom- so my suggestions are:

1- over the door hanging bag
2- extension cord
3- keep what you can over by the mirror/tv area
4- always have 1 person in your party use the shower area in the spa to get ready- they even have the gels/soaps etc- and hairdryer- but no place for curling iron.
5- store luggage under the beds- you have to actually pick up the bed to do this
6- assign everyone an area for their own stuff-
7- go to the secret decks on 7 aft for peace and quiet

Enjoy- you are on a Disney cruise- I wouldn't care where I had to stay as long as I could go!!!

Here's a tip. Have your travel agent price out getting TWO category 11's instead of 1 for a family of four. We found that two cabins for two people each were about the same price as one cabin with 4 people.

KBJClarks idea is great! We have a family of four in one room. We sail in just a few weeks.
I will certainly investigate this option for our next trip. Thanks for sharing.

Be sure to book when ON THE SHIP because you will get TWO $200 stateroom credits. It's a good deal. On our specific cruise two category 11's is less than one category 10. Too good to pass up.

We just booked our third DCL cruise, and our third Cat. 11. I'd rather save the money and travel more often!

The first time we were just two adults, and it was great. We pack and travel light, so we didn't need an over-the-door hanger (the bathroom on the ship is actually bigger than the one in my apartment!). The second time we were three adults, and it was still great. No crowding, no problems.

This time we'll be two adults and an occasional 3 1/2 year old--well, she'll always be 3 1/2 during the trip, but she won't always stay with Grandma and Grandpa. Hopefully she'll stay with Mom and Dad at least one night! They'll be in an adjoining, but not connecting, Cat. 11.

Beth

Beth, our thoughts exactly. Spend less, cruise more.:) Any tips as to what we need to settle in an inside room?

I'm glad this question was asked. I have only cruised once, in a cat 6, and because I did spend so much time in the room (and on the balcony), I was wondering if it would be possible to manage in a 10 or 11... it sure would make cruising a much less expensive option (esp. since it's just me and my daughter!).

I keep telling myself - pretend it's just a hotel room and I've stayed in many of those with no view... etc...

My big question is: how come, for the cruise I'm looking at, a cat 11 is less expensive than a cat 12?

About the only special thing we brought because it was an inside cabin was a glow-in-the-dark, battery operated clock. The cabin was very comfortable, both for just the two of us, and this past trip when we had my father-in-law with us. There is a privacy curtain which closes off the sleeping area if you want it, and we use it a lot because I'm an early riser, and an early sleeper, and husband and his father are night owls. We don't take a lot of stuff with us, so space in the bathroom wasn't a problem. There's plenty of closet and drawer space for two people, and suitcases (except for our huge one which won't be making the next trip) fit neatly under the bed and out of the way.

We love the fact that it's very dark inside, because it stays cool and feels good when you've been outside most of the day. There are pictures of the cabin on both of the links in my signature. I think you'll be very happy there, and use the money you save to book your next cruise!

Beth

BethC

HELLO! I am from Sea Bright NJ! I now live in Celebration, FL
It was nice to see a post from someone close to home! We are cruising for the 3rd time in September. We are going with the cat. 11 also. We've cruised cat. 6 the last 2 times so this will be a change, but it's worth it just to cruise again!

disneychic, please let me know how you like the cat 11 after you return from your September cruise. Thanks, Judy

Hi...I am from Brick NJ....just got off the Easter Cruise......and rebooked on board....I book a cat 11 and upgrade at port for about 1/2 the price ($678.) for three to a cat 6. I would be fine w/an 11, but if I can get a 6 for 1/2 the price and I have the extra $ I do it!!

DCBrown:Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc

Judy - thanks for asking this - I never considered that you might need different things in an 11. The idea of a light up clock sounds good to me.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter