• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Villa advice

Figment56

DIS Veteran-Imagination, Imagination, a dream can
Going down to WDW in March w/DS, DBIL & DN. I want to stay in a studio, but not sure if one will be big enough. DBIL uses sleeping mask, DN has sleeping issues & and we are three large adults. I know OKW has two queen size beds, but if I can't get that, what else do you recommend? I think I saw BWV have a room with a pull down bed, queen size bed & queen size pull out. If I request this, will I get it? Help! This is going to be a stressful week. OBTW, DH & I are going in January and I don't want to borrow anymore points from use year 2015!

To my knowledge BWV doesn't have such a room.

Adults with sleeping issues to me means a 2 bedroom.

:earsboy: Bill

Except for OKW, you will get one queen bed and one full size sofa sleeper. No queen size sleepers in studios.

That bed that is mentioned at BWV, is really just small thing, only good for small children with a thin mattress like pad on it. Not a real bed at all. Even if you request it, there is no guarantee. A twin size air bed would be more comfortable.

The new villas at Grand Floridian have a pull town bed, that would be a very small adult or child but they are not open.

Some dedicated BWV studios have a parson's bench. It's a very short, narrow bench with a very thin pad on it. No adult could sleep on it. I use it for my luggage. For that, it's perfect. For sleeping...not so much.

I'd suggest 2 studios or a 1BR. OKW is the largest space and maybe try to go for lesser point cost since you don't want to borrow from 2015. OKW is lower point cost as is AKV standard view (value view is even better, but hard to get at 7 months out). AKV and OKW are both larger resorts that will give you the best availability...SSR would be another option (next for lower point cost and is large resort with THE most availability). If you can get BWV standard view, that's also a lower point cost and great location...but tough to get at 7 months out.

I would get 2 studios. I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing a studio with my BIL, even less so if sleeping issues are involved.

We had the dedicated studio at BWV that you are talking about. It is not a pull down bed, it is more of a luggage bench. No way a large adult can sleep there. The sleeping pad on the bench was maybe 2 inches thick - not meant for sleeping unless you are a very small child (who could roll off anyway).

Forgot to mention that DN will turn 5 day after arrival!

Forgot to mention that DN will turn 5 day after arrival!

Maybe a standard view 1BR at AKV, with the 2 full bathrooms (value 1BRs don't have the 2 bathrooms), would be good. Not sure if you and DS want to share the master and BIL and DN share the living room pull-outs or vice versa. AKV would be neat for 5 year old to see and I hear the pool is amazing (we are staying there for 1st time in Dec). If the sleeping arrangements don't work with the 1BR, then maybe try to get 2 value studios (I hear they sometimes have great savannah views..they are at the main Jambo building which is being 'in the thick of things', at AKV, too).

Right now...there is not many days in March open for value studios at AKV...just a random day here and there. Standard view looks wide open. 1BR standard view at Kadani is wide open too.

I vote for a 1 or 2 BR. If your DN has sleeping issues your DH's nebulizer for his mask would bother her. And if she has problems sleeping, anyone in the same room with her will have problems sleeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter