Need Water Park help

Figment2

DIS Veteran
Friends want to go a water park in Oct. and I've never been. Not sure which one is gong to be open the last week of Oct. (I've seen different threads contradicting each other. Usually it's BB that's closed and TL open), but are there shady places to sit? My reason for asking is the prescription bottle for the medication I'm on has a very big sticker on it about avoiding the sun.

I'll be layering on sunscreen but wondered if I'll be able to find a shady spot.

Thanks!

Cyn

Someone else may know for sure, but I think there is a picnic sort of area in Typhoon Lagoon, over by Shark Reef that is shady. I seem to remember passing through such a shady area on my way to Shark Reef.

There are also large adjustable umbrellas.

Bobbi :dog:

Howdy Cyn, I am in Naperville! We have been to both parks and they both have penty of areas that have shade trees as well as covered picnic tables. Just be sure to get there early enough to stake your claim, although it should not be overly crowded in October. We were down last October and the weather was great, plenty warm enough to swim yet not broiling hot. You are correct, usually the two water parks take turns being closed for rehab in the cooler months, so just keep checking for the info. We enjoy both parks equally. Please be cafeful with the sun on your meds. In high school I got severe burns with blisters on my face due to the same reason. We lived in Florida at the time, and I was young and foolish! Take care....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter