Need your Disney wisdom-best rooms!

Tigger Fans!

<font color=green>We've all learned tons!<br><font
Hello all! Trying to decide where to stay (there are so many choices). What is the most cost efficient place to stay (family of 5) at the resort?
Thanks!

Originally posted by Tigger Fans!
Hello all! Trying to decide where to stay (there are so many choices). What is the most cost efficient place to stay (family of 5) at the resort?
Thanks!

Well, if you want to stay at a Disney resort and all of the members of your family are 3yrs or older then the least expensive Disney resort for a family of 5 is POR. It is considered a Disney Moderate Resort. With discount codes you can usually get this resort for $89 to $94 a night plus 11.5% tax.

Take a look at mousesavers.com for some great info on discounts related to all things Disney.

Love that price! When I called they quoted me $133+15 for extra person. Where do I get the codes?
Thanks!

Love that price! When I called they quoted me $133+15 for extra person. Where do I get the codes?
Thanks!

It sounds like you were quoted rack rate. What time of year are you looking to go? Check out www.mousesavers.com for all of the information you need about codes and how they work.

We're planning for Nov. 27-Dec 3. I didn't see any current codes last time I looked--anywhere else to look? I guess it may be a little early!
Thanks!

We're planning for Nov. 27-Dec 3. I didn't see any current codes last time I looked--anywhere else to look? I guess it may be a little early!
Thanks!

Hi Tigger Fans,

You are a little early for AP rates and or general codes for Nov/Dec of 2003. Just keep an eye on Mousesavers and this message board to stay up on what date ranges the latest codes cover. My understanding is that somewhere on the Mousesavers site there is historical rate information but I have not looked for it myself. Take a look around the site you might be able to find our when people got for rates Nov/Dec 2002.

If you're looking for a Deluxe resort that sleeps 5, it seems that the AKL offers the best rates among the Deluxes. I would also suggest that you buy one person in your room an annual pass, even though you'll be paying more - the discounts can be very steep - especially for the Deluxes. I did this on my last trip , even though I only stated 5 days, the annual pass rate saved me hundreds of dollars on my room!

Originally posted by WDW2000
If you're looking for a Deluxe resort that sleeps 5, it seems that the AKL offers the best rates among the Deluxes. I would also suggest that you buy one person in your room an annual pass, even though you'll be paying more - the discounts can be very steep - especially for the Deluxes. I did this on my last trip , even though I only stated 5 days, the annual pass rate saved me hundreds of dollars on my room!

Something to keep in mind is that unless the 5th person is under 3yrs in a crib you are not allowed to have 5 people in a standard size room at the AKL. Only some of the "deluxe" size rooms at the AKL sleep five as they have a day bed. The "deluxe" rooms at the AKL run about the same price as a room at the YC and other Disney Deluxe Resorts.

Another thing to keep in mind. If you have more than two adults, then you will have to pay an extra charge for the third adult. If you get connecting rooms, the third adult can stay in the other room and you don't have to pay the extra adult fee.

The Polynesian sleeps 5 ( the day bed is a twinsized bed and very comfortable).

I'm definitely considering purchasing an annual pass. The information on the rooms was VERY helpful!! I've probably been to Disneyland about 20 times but have only visited Disney World once previously - didn't stay at one of the resorts that trip and felt it was a huge mistake! We spent so much time driving to and from the parks! I'm trying to learn as much as possible and hope this next trip will be a HUGE success!
Thanks for your insights!:earsgirl:

Another option would be to book 2 rooms at an All-Star resort and request connecting rooms. That way you would have 4 beds, 2 bathrooms and TVs and a lot more room. Depending on the season you will be there and the discounts available, you can pay for 2 rooms there for less than 1 room at a deluxe. Plus no extra $15 fee for an extra adult.

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter