Need your expert opinions

Crankyshank

<font color=CC0066>love the happy bunny<br> <fon
Hey guys!

My little sister is a sophmore at UCONN. It's pretty much out in the sticks and she isn't able to come home until March and she's bummed because she misses her boyfriend, her puppy, and isn't going anywhere for spring break (she's doing a 21st birthday trip instead in August).
I periodically get together a goodie package for her with fun stuff. I usually send her big sister stuff in the winter - lip balm, moisturizer, body lotion, hot chocolate, candy, magazines she never gets a chance to read because she's a pharmacology major with an insane workload - stuff like that. I don't want to do the same old thing so do you guys have ideas?

My mom sends me little reminders of home, food that I can't get where I go to school, new updated pictures, and little fun things she picks up.

I made my sister a mix cd when I was gone for her birthday and she loved it.
Pictures are a good idea too.
I also enjoy getting little things from home that I won't get up here. I once out a 4-H bear (I was a 4-Her) that was being sold at our county fair and I still have it.
Silly little things are great too, like silly putty, play dough, and other kid's toys.

Maybe some pix of the growing puppy would help her through the time till she can come home again.I always like to get pix when I'm away from home,so she might appreciate that!
Whatever you do send,I'm sure she'll be delighted! :jumping4:

That's a great school (UCONN is my alma mater). I received my BS in Pharmacy there (yes, I'm an old-timer-I got a BS, not PharmD).
Pictures from home are a great idea. Do you bake? A batch of homemade cookies to go with that hot chocolate would be delicoius.

In addition to packages, write her a card every other week or so. I used to LOVE getting real mail. :) Even if you don't have too much to tell her, it's the thought that counts. My parents would send comic strips that they liked or pictures they got in. It's usually the little things that help too.

I agree with an above poster, cards are nice. I also loved getting real mail, because is this day and age, real mail was few and far between.

My mom used to send me theme care packages. Like for Valentine's, I'd get Valentine's themed candy, cards, and such.

Also, she used to send me clothing as a surprise. I never expected that, so I loved it.

You guys are great. I do actually send her cards all of the time.

I sent her a box with a framed picture of the puppy, some dunkin donuts gc's, lindts truffles, and some lip glosses. She loved it.

When my nephew couldn't go home for breaks I would send him a gift certificate for a restaurant that was close to campus or a couple of tickets to the movie theatre around there. This way he could enjoy a couple of nights out and take a friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter