Netflix vs Disney Streaming Convo

Just a side here, but....

Disney having a streaming service could potentially hurt their cable airings. Freeform is going to be having plenty of Disney on this weekend. However, minus 1 movie, I own all titles they're going to air. So instead of watching Freeform and getting hit with the same 4 commercials for 10 hours on end, I'm just gonna put the movies in my blu-ray player and boom, no commercials!

As others have said, if you keep buying channels for streaming content, you'll ultimately wind up paying more than what a bundled cable/internet/phone would be. Then again, if you have a jailbroken device, you don't worry about much at all.

instead of watching Freeform and getting hit with the same 4 commercials for 10 hours on end, I'm just gonna put the movies in my blu-ray player and boom, no commercials!
We own a lot of DVDs of our favorite films but we very, very rarely actually play them. However, if one of those movies is on TV, we'll frequently watch it. We may not watch the whole thing but we'll watch from wherever we come in for a while. That happens pretty much every time there's a Harry Potter Weekend, for example. The other day, we watched a portion of Tangled. It happens all the time. Actually pulling out a disc and playing it requires some intent, rather than just flipping channels and stumbling across something.

We own a lot of DVDs of our favorite films but we very, very rarely actually play them. However, if one of those movies is on TV, we'll frequently watch it. We may not watch the whole thing but we'll watch from wherever we come in for a while. That happens pretty much every time there's a Harry Potter Weekend, for example. The other day, we watched a portion of Tangled. It happens all the time. Actually pulling out a disc and playing it requires some intent, rather than just flipping channels and stumbling across something.

Right, but with Freeform, I'm sick of the same 3 commercials that they play for every 5-7 minutes of movie.

Right, but with Freeform, I'm sick of the same 3 commercials that they play for every 5-7 minutes of movie.
Understood. That annoys us too, but doesn't stop us from watching whatever happens to be on when we come across it.

I can't recall the last time we watched a DVD other than ones we've gotten from Netflix, and even that was a while ago (we don't usually get any over the summer when DD is home).

Customers have asked for this for years. The problem is that paying for a pre-set lineup provides funds for all of those channels. If people would be allowed to pick and choose, all of the money would flow to the most popular channels and some of the more niche stations would die. While that would probably be a good thing in some cases, we'd also likely lose a lot of cultural and educational programming that nobody coughed up money to pay for.

But it is the educational programming I like. I don't want shopping, religious, "reality", or foreign language channels.

the only thing holding me to normal tv is really the live sports/news programming. I am a pretty rabid football (cowboys) fan, and watch every game i can find. Also superstitious a bit and have to watch my team live. Not that it has helped since 1995, but hey, even the bambino curse was lifted eventually.

My eventual hope is that out of this chaos comes something that benefits the consumer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!