netgrocer vs. Walmart/Publix

BigDaddy1

Mouseketeer
I would appreciate thoughts on both. Is it really worth getting things shipped via netgrocer to WDW? I would be concerned about the arrival. Prices are OK, but I need to be convinced to use this.

On the other hand, travelling to the Walmart/Publix(If I can find them) is not too far out of the way, and I can go there late at night when we arrive.

I would like to hear opinions on both please.

:bounce:

:pinkbounc

BigDaddy,

I have always used netgrocer. We have used them about 5 times now and the items have always been in our room waiting for us. The concierge at the Poly said that the resorts are quite used to having netgrocer shipments sent to the attention of guests prior to arrival.

There is a special shipping section where you can tell them the date you want it shipped or the date it must arrive by. I then f/u with a phone call to netgrocer verifying the info that I have placed on my order. I think they ship out on Mondays and Fridays (?) so I usually call again to verify the order has been shipped prior to my departure.

On the other hand, we have done the super walmart too if it is necessary, but we are a little tired to go back out, so we just rely on netgrocer now.

Hope this helps! Have a great time!:D

I have a question..... if you are not planning on renting a fridge, but just using a cooler does netgrocer pack perishables in a cooler type thing? You know, I'm thinking kinda like one of those styrafoam boxes that Omaha Steaks ships in? Oh, der, now that I re-read this I think netgrocer probably doesn't ship perishables, like milk and butter, huh? :rolleyes:

Make sure your resort does not charge you for package handling. Our package, that I shipped from home, cost us an additional $19.50 onto our room bill. We stayed at CSR. I kind of ticked me off. I had called before mailing it, and was told there was no charge for recieving a package. I was afraid that things would be high in Orlando, so I shipped diapers, wipes, formula, and snacks. I purchased perishable things at Publix, at prices were very reasonable. I will just buy things when I arrive.

Netgrocer does not ship perishables.

Most of the resorts do not charge a fee - I would be greatly disappointed if I received a bill from the resort too! :(

Right now netgrocer is offering free shipping for orders over $24.99!

Here is a link............

www.netgrocer.com

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter