Never Been - Overwhelmed

OnlyDisney

DIS Veteran
We've lived down here for almost 2 years now but never had an interest in seeing Seaworld since I'm a HUGE Disney fan. But we got discounted tickets through our homeschool group and now we're going Friday, March 29.

I went to Seaworld San Diego many many years ago before thrill rides, more of just an aquarium with shows.

I just started looking into Seaworld today and am so overwhelmed! I seem to find conflicting answers or no answers at all.

1. Outside food - Is it like Disney? We bring in snacks and sandwiches/lunchables in a Packit freezeable lunchbag (dimensions 11”H x 8.5”W x 7”D) is this OK at Seaworld?

2. I use a walker but am amble to walk/stand a short time without it. Am I able to take it through all lines or do some places need to get a return time like at some Disney rides?

3. Our son uses a DAS since he's on the autism spectrum. Does Seaworld have something like this?

4. Our son uses noise cancelling headphones and he's been on Rockin Rollar Coaster with them. Since some rides are more intense at Seaworld are there rides where he wouldn't be able to wear them?

5. I'm more interested in the shows/animal areas than the rides. I see they have many shows, how many can you see in one day if you start when they open but don't want to stay until close? Should you do them in a certain order?

To answer the last question- it can be tricky. But if you don't mind where you sit, you probably could get all 4 shows in

I was more interested in the shows as well. We stayed from 9-5 and saw the sea lion show and both orca shows. One we saw twice because I loved it so much. So really we saw 4 shows plus we did some mild rides and all of the animal exhibits. We planned our day around the show times and prioritized which shows we really wanted to see.

We've lived down here for almost 2 years now but never had an interest in seeing Seaworld since I'm a HUGE Disney fan. But we got discounted tickets through our homeschool group and now we're going Friday, March 29.

I went to Seaworld San Diego many many years ago before thrill rides, more of just an aquarium with shows.

I just started looking into Seaworld today and am so overwhelmed! I seem to find conflicting answers or no answers at all.

1. Outside food - Is it like Disney? We bring in snacks and sandwiches/lunchables in a Packit freezeable lunchbag (dimensions 11”H x 8.5”W x 7”D) is this OK at Seaworld?

2. I use a walker but am amble to walk/stand a short time without it. Am I able to take it through all lines or do some places need to get a return time like at some Disney rides?

3. Our son uses a DAS since he's on the autism spectrum. Does Seaworld have something like this?

4. Our son uses noise cancelling headphones and he's been on Rockin Rollar Coaster with them. Since some rides are more intense at Seaworld are there rides where he wouldn't be able to wear them?

5. I'm more interested in the shows/animal areas than the rides. I see they have many shows, how many can you see in one day if you start when they open but don't want to stay until close? Should you do them in a certain order?

#1-. Technically the answer is no, outside food and drink isn't allowed. But it generally is NOT enforced. So, you can try to take food/snacks in. Just know that there is a small chance that you maybe asked to put it in a locker outside the park.

#2. I really, honestly don't know the answer to this. I'm no help here.

#3. Yes, but it's only for certain things. Mostly the rides. The pass will list where it can be used.

#4 again, I'm not much of a rides person. But I'm pretty sure that all personal articles have to go in a locker. I'd be really surprised if they let him ride. Rockn Roller Coast is in doors where the general public doesn't have access to the ride. If he's riding Manta wearing them, if they flew off his head they could very easily hit a passerby. And that alone is why I don't think he could wear them.

#5 prioitize what shows you don't want to miss or order them in what you want to see. And plan around that so you don't kimi something you really want to do. Personally, Wild Arctic and Antartica are two of my favorite animal areas I love to spend time in that do have lines in order to see the animals. Don't go to Wild Arctic after a Shamu show, it's what everyone does and is packed.

Hope this helps a little.

We love Seaworld. It is easy to do all the shows in one day. It just takes a bit of planing. Go to park hours and show times and click on the day you want to attend to see the show times. The park is large so try not to backtrack. We never do the coasters and find the out of the way, smaller exhibits are our favorite.

We love the aquariums by Manta and Journey to Atlantis. The penguins in Antartica are worth the wait. We love to watch the dolphins swim in the underwater viewing area, the manatees at feeding time, young walrus and seals in the walk through area after Wild Arctic, sharks at Shark Encounter, sea lions at the Preserve, and love touching the stingrays at the stingray lagoon. The dolphin encounter is amazing to watch even if not paying extra for the experience.

The One Ocean whale show is the best and we always go to the last one of the day. We find it a great place to spend a relaxing day looking at the animals. Try to target the keeper talks if possible. Pets Ahoy is our second favorite, followed by Dolphin Days and then Sea Lion High.

Both of you should carry comfortable earplugs. All of the shows are way too loud. We wear them often in the parks.

We eat breakfast before arrival, carry in a couple of snack bars and an empty water bottle that we refill in the park, then go out to dinner nearby after the park closes. If you happen to be there during the seafood festival, buy a lanyard and enjoy some great food choices.

Study the map to see where the shows and animal encounters are. It is possible to see everything if you start going around to the left if you arrive early enough and don't care about the coasters.

Headphones will not be allowed on the coasters. They are all very intense. My glasses barely stayed on. Use ear plugs instead.

Thank you both. I forgot my son uses his ear plugs not headphones on RRC so that's what he can use there.

We had a hard time getting into pets ahoy, I guess cause it's a smaller show it fills up fast.
I bought the all day dine, it was so worth it. I did not buy one for my son just me and his dad. The water bottles were 3.50 and most of the lunch baskets are 12 and up. We drank so much soda and water it paid for the food passes fast. And I didnt have to lug around food and water.
We got to the orca show 45 mins early so the kids could sit down front. It filled up fast.

#1. I am sure they will let you bring it in. I just watched a youtube video where the family had a small lunch bag and ate their lunch in the annual pass lounge.

#2. The only lines are for food and rides. I am not sure how they handle walkers because most of the lines have stairs in the reg lines. I would approach the team member outside each ride and just ask. They will probably have you take an alternate path. You can report back and let us know how it is handled for the rides. I am sure it will not be a problem in the food lines.

I would also ask a team member for the shows also because some of the handicapped areas have a very steep ramp to get to them.

#3. I am not sure what they will offer for your son, but I am sure they have something in place. You will need to stop by guest services. And again, come back and let us know what they have and how it worked out.

#4. He will not be allowed to wear them on the rides. Other areas of the park should be fine.

#5. check out the show times for the day you will be there on the web site, and decide on the times you can fit in on your schedule. I would be sure to fit in Pets Ahoy. It is just so darn cute.

Where are you finding conflicting answers? Not here I am sure. However things do not stay the same and can change over time. What was done last year or even last month may not be the way it is now.

#1. I am sure they will let you bring it in. I just watched a youtube video where the family had a small lunch bag and ate their lunch in the annual pass lounge.

#2. The only lines are for food and rides. I am not sure how they handle walkers because most of the lines have stairs in the reg lines. I would approach the team member outside each ride and just ask. They will probably have you take an alternate path. You can report back and let us know how it is handled for the rides. I am sure it will not be a problem in the food lines.

I would also ask a team member for the shows also because some of the handicapped areas have a very steep ramp to get to them.

#3. I am not sure what they will offer for your son, but I am sure they have something in place. You will need to stop by guest services. And again, come back and let us know what they have and how it worked out.

#4. He will not be allowed to wear them on the rides. Other areas of the park should be fine.

#5. check out the show times for the day you will be there on the web site, and decide on the times you can fit in on your schedule. I would be sure to fit in Pets Ahoy. It is just so darn cute.

Where are you finding conflicting answers? Not here I am sure. However things do not stay the same and can change over time. What was done last year or even last month may not be the way it is now.

1. We brought our lunch in! They didn't even search the bag:confused3 I'm not sure if the main gate is like this, but at the education entrance everyone walked through a metal detector. My father was carrying the lunch bag and when he started walking to the table after the metal detector they waved him away saying they had no need to check it.

2. We forgot my walker! We had to hike all the way from the education entrance to the front of the park to rent a wheelchair so I could use it as a walker. (My ankle was starting to burn by the time we got there). The only ride I ended up doing was Manta. I didn't notice the signs about wheelchairs at first that said Wheelchair users need to use the QuickQue. The castmember said since it had a low wait I could go right in - 20 min wait at that time. I'm not sure if we went on a ride that had a longer wait time if they hand out return times.

3. For my son I ended up asking about it in the wrong location. Since we came in through the education entrance and walked around to the rental store, I completely missed Guest Services & Information. I asked at the rental place and they seemed confused about accommodations, they even seemed confused about where I could take the chair. Admittedly I was asking at the wrong location, but they should have been at least able say "I'm sure guest services could answer that for you" and direct me there or even "ask a castmember at the attraction and they can direct you". All I got were shrugs.

4. I miss-remembered about his noise cancelling headphones. On the crazy rides he uses his waterproof earplugs.

5. We missed so many shows and attractions including the Pets Ahoy! We'll definitely go again sometime, and that day I'll be better prepared. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter