Never too Old or too Young for the Magic That is Disney! A June 2018 Pre-TR

yasemine

DIS Lover
EDIT: I updated everything in this post since I kinda did it in a rush. The title of this trip will change. I think I'm just going to make a new thread for my actual trip report.

Hello! I'm new to this site and I decided I wanted to get in on the action. I don't have many pictures but when my trip comes I will have plenty to post. I won't post anything with my family's face on it for the sake of their privacy but for me personally, I don't care.

This is me

27178072787_5f937857ab_b.jpg

21441958_790781014440186_416060083_n.png

Favorite Attractions:
DINOSAUR, 7DMT, Test Track, Haunted Mansion, It's Tough To Be a Bug

Favorite Park:
Animal Kingdom, l
ove the atmosphere.

Favorite Disney Movies:
Princess and the Frog, the Cars franchise (my friends love to bully me for this, lol), Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, Lilo and Stitch

Favorite Disney characters:
Tinkerbell, Prince Naveen (I guess King now?), Everyone in Lilo and Stitch TBH

I'm 20 years old, this will be my third time to Disneyworld. My first time was for 3 days back when I was like, 17? I don't remember the year. Second time was 2016 after I graduated.

It was for six days at the Port Orleans French Quarter. It came and went by WAYYYY too fast!

This time we elected to stay longer, but that would mean the cheapest hotel on property we could find which was.... Beach Caribbean Resort! It was even cheaper than POP which was a surprise to us. I guess it has something to do with the refurbishments.

SOOOO, this trip will be for TEN DAYS and NINE NIGHTS!!! June 16 - June 25. I know, summer crowds and summer heat. UGH. I am still SO EXCITED for this though.

As for who is in my party, we have my little sister who is 11. She grew up too fast. My brothers, one will be 18 by the time we leave and the other is 19. Then we have my dad, who is 53. The funny thing is he hates Disney but he goes anyway because he knows we, his darling kids, love it there.

I just want to say, I've been to Disneyland MANY times. While Disneyland does have Cars Land and Guardians of the Galaxy (I love it better than Tower of Terror sorry people :P), Disneyworld is better with atmosphere I guess? IDK I just enjoyed it better.

Okay so, I'm paying for most meals out of my pocket so I didn't reserve many ADRs. To make things easier here is the list:

Day 1
- Quick service meals.

Day 2
- House of Blues at 3:00 PM.

Day 3
- Rainforest Cafe at 7:15 PM (I only reserved here just for memories :P)

Day 4
- Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater at 7:25 PM.

Day 5
- Quick service meals.

Day 6
- Quick service meals.

Day 7
- Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' at 3:45 PM.

Day 8
- Quick service meals.

Day 9
- Quick service meals.

Day 10
- Plaza Restaurant at 4:00 PM.

Fastpasses:
Can't get these until April 17th but I will update this as soon as I get them.

Means of Travel:
Roadtrip! Seriously, I live in California, but my whole family is DEATHLY afraid of planes so we pile into this dumb bus my dad got and just go on a long roadtrip. We consider it part of the trip!

I wouldn't say this is for anything special, maybe my brother's graduation, but it's mostly just because we want to go back here.

I know this post is already pretty long so I'll stop here. Again, I'll update this with Fastpasses. Can't wait to report my trip to everyone here if you'll join me!

ANYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
Got rid of my reservation for Sci-Fi dine-in. Either thinking of getting a new one or just keeping the four reservations. Maybe even get rid of current four. IDK. Also, 14 MORE DAYS UNTIL I GET MY FASTPASSES!

I know it's not the actual trip but booking FP is really fun too! Gets you even more pumped :)

ONE OF THE BEST TIMES HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!
SCHEDULING FASTPASSES!

I was kinda nervous since everyone was saying Flight of Passage was SO hard to get! But if I wanted to, I could have literally gotten one for my first day. But that day is for magic kingdom so I got a couple for other days. I guess the hype for Pandora is finally dying down? Either that or it was due to the fact I literally checked at the stroke of 4:00 am. :rolleyes1

So anyway, I was crunching numbers and figured I'll be a lot more poor than I thought since school sucks and is expensive as heck so I dropped my reserves except kept Plaza (THAT WAS SO HARD TO GET AT 180 DAYS OUT!!!) and Rainforest Cafe just for the sake of nostalgia. So anyway, here is the fastpass plan!

June 16:
Peter Pan - 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm. (I haven't rode this since I was like 5 and I want to see why it always has over an hour wait???)
Space Mountain - 5:45 pm - 6:45 pm. (We hated this last time we rode it but that was 3 years ago.)
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - 9:30 - 10:00 pm. (A classic. Always best at night.)

June 17:
Na'vi River Journey - 12:55 pm - 1:25 pm. (Figured if my family wants to ride this so bad they could just rope drop it. Got one just in case though.)
Kali River Rapids - 2:40 pm - 3:40 pm. (A given considering how HOT it will be.)
DINOSAUR - 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm. (TBH the line for this ride is never that long in the summer but whatever, why not?)

June 18:
(Attempt to rope drop Na'vi [if I liked it] during EMH)
Kilamanjaro Safaris - 11:40 am - 12:40 pm. (Mostly for my dad. I will probably get assassinated for this but wildlife never interested me that much.)
Avatar Flight of Passage - 4:35 pm - 5:35 pm. (OF COURSE)
Expedition Everest - 6:05 pm - 7:05 pm. (Will ride single rider after dinner at night. Maybe)
Reservation at Rainforest: 7:15 pm.

June 19:
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm.
Tower of Terror - 1:10 pm - 2:10 pm.
Star Tours - 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm.
(Will try to rope drop Toy Story Mania. As will the rest of the world I'm sure :rotfl2:)

June 20:
Frozen ever After - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm. (This opened the day AFTER we left a couple years back.)
Spaceship Earth - 1:35 pm - 2:35 pm.
(Not many rides interest me here to FP for. Not even the shows. And I know my family couldn't care less about shows either.)
(There is also EMH at Magic Kingdom so we will high-tail it there after we're done here.)

June 21:
Test Track - 8:25 pm - 9:00 pm.
(This is a relax day. Maybe see Incredibles 2 [if haven't seen already].)

June 22:
(Attempt EMH, if too tired no biggy.)
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - 3:45 pm - 4:45 pm.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 7:25 pm - 8:25 pm.
Splash Mountain - 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm. (There probably won't even be a line for this at this time but it's just in case so we can see the fireworks as we ride :thumbsup2)

June 23:
Soarin' - 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm. (Hoping to see the new Jurassic Park movie this day and grab any random fastpasses if there's any.)

June 24:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 11:45 am - 12:45 pm.
Haunted Mansion - 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
Plaza Restaurant Reserve at 4:00 pm.
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - 7:20 pm - 8:20 pm.

June 25: (Last Day :worried:)
Avatar Flight of Passage - 11:45 am - 12:45 pm.
Kali River Rapids - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
Expedition Everest - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm.

So there it is! Any of this is subject to change, and honestly we don't mind waits up to 75 minutes. We will never wait longer than that though.

On another note: SIXTY DAYS UNTIL TRIP! Time will FLY I just know it.

OKAY SO NOW THAT I AM FULLY AWAKE I WENT OVER MY FASTPASSES AND.... They don't all match up with EMH, I don't mind switching between parks to make it but I know some of my siblings would not agree. So, I adjusted a few days to match up.

June 19: To match up with the late park hours at Epcot, my brother and sister would rather stay here all day so I got early (yes this is early to them lol!) fastpasses so they can search and find more later on to please them. Me and my other brother will park hop meanwhile and come back in the evening.

Spaceship Earth - 11:15 am - 12:15 pm.
Frozen Ever After - 12:35 - 1:35 pm.

June 20: EMH Magic Kingdom here. Morning and afternoon will be spent elsewhere and the whole night will be here.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - 5:55 pm - 6:55 pm.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 7:55 pm - 8:55 pm.
Splash Mountain - 8:55 pm - 9:55 pm.

June 22: Only one Hollywood Studios day. There is literally like nothing to do here. Lol.

RnR Coaster - 12:45 pm - 1:45 pm.
Tower of Terror - 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm. (Guardians of the Galaxy is better. There I said it. I have nothing but awful memories growing up with the Twilight Version so to me, Guardians is a fun, fresh new version.)
Star Tours - 4:20 pm - 5:20 pm.

Well there it is. Anything is subject to change, it IS still like 60 days away. Just gotta get this grueling school semester over with :(

So recently I learned that I have some kind of anxiety disorder. It's completely new, like I didn't really start having it until around January. I thought when I posted this TR I would be okay once the trip came but as time is passing and we're getting closer, that does not seem to be the case. Dark places surrounded by people trigger my anxiety attacks. So theaters, for example, and I'm really worried about the effect it will have when I'm waiting in line or on a ride :(

ON TO HAPPIER MATTERS.....

I got this really cool glow in the dark magicband sticker for whenever my magicband comes in, I changed my color to purple (originally blue) since I figured purple would match this sticker better.

28174730698_39c38a62d5_b.jpg

Yes yes I know I give ToT negativity on this thread but like... How cool is that sticker? I love dark and depressing things!

(my dad says stuff like this is why I have anxiety LOL)

Last edited:

So for the life of me I just can NOT figure out how to post pictures! They come but won't stay! It's SOOOO frustrating!

I'll find some other way. The point of me replying to this rn is... THERE IS LESS THAN 30 DAYS LEFT! I know my check-in date is the 16th but we leave sooner since, you know, road trip!

EXCITING

Now, I have been constantly checking and rechecking the hours calender and hoping they change them and guess what, they DID!!!

Magic Kingdom will now be open until 11 and Animal Kingdom will be open until 10:30. The other hours haven't changed. This is good news for me, although on one hand I have to readjust my plans, on the other that means more time in the parks I love most! Heck yeahs!

Another quick little update, thanks to the extended hours, I grabbed a Flight of Passage for 9:30 pm on the 23rd and dropped the one I had for the 25th at 11 am if anyone who happens to come across this wants it. It was for five people so :confused3 may the odds ever be in your favor.

Okay so my laptop got busted :( I can't post any pictures and I can't make the trip report until it gets fixed but that's okay! Magicbands came in today and I put my sticker on it and I'm so excited! A couple weeks left until we leave <3

I LEAVE ON MY ROAD TRIP TODAY! I'll begin Disney next Saturday and when I get back I should start typing up my trip report ! Thanks to everyone and anyone who read along

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!