New 🐝— WDW car rental different drop off location

jyos

Earning My Ears
Hello,
This is our first trip to WDW, Florida . We booked tickets to Tampa , I need to rent a car at Disney world and return it at Tampa airport after 2 days roaming around Orlando, not sure I need to pay extra $ at Disney than renting at airport . Is it ok to return the car in different location ?

Any suggestions welcome!!

SteveMouse

DIS Veteran
When making a car reservation, you select the pick-up time and location as well as a drop-off time and location. The price quoted should reflect all costs, including any drop-off fees.

Ladyandthepuppies

Mouseketeer
Yup, I’ve done this exact same thing! As @SteveMouse said, you will need to note pick-up and drop-off location in your reservation. I used Alamo last year and rented from Disney’s CCC and they were great.

Wild4Walt

DIS Veteran
Make sure to shop around and read the fine print - some may seem lower but you want to make sure they are giving you unlimited miles and that there are no drop off fees for a different location. I don't think I've seen any drop off fees from the major companies but just something to look out for so you're not shocked by a 'hidden' cost.

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
Make sure to shop around and read the fine print - some may seem lower but you want to make sure they are giving you unlimited miles and that there are no drop off fees for a different location. I don't think I've seen any drop off fees from the major companies but just something to look out for so you're not shocked by a 'hidden' cost.
^^^^^This.

Check carefully for TOTAL cost. Sometimes there is no drop off fee; sometimes there is a BIG one. I had one quote in California that included a $400 dropoff fee! I rented from another company with $0 dropoff.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.