New 🐝— WDW car rental different drop off location

jyos

Earning My Ears
Hello,
This is our first trip to WDW, Florida . We booked tickets to Tampa , I need to rent a car at Disney world and return it at Tampa airport after 2 days roaming around Orlando, not sure I need to pay extra $ at Disney than renting at airport . Is it ok to return the car in different location ?

Any suggestions welcome!!

When making a car reservation, you select the pick-up time and location as well as a drop-off time and location. The price quoted should reflect all costs, including any drop-off fees.

Yup, I’ve done this exact same thing! As @SteveMouse said, you will need to note pick-up and drop-off location in your reservation. I used Alamo last year and rented from Disney’s CCC and they were great.

Make sure to shop around and read the fine print - some may seem lower but you want to make sure they are giving you unlimited miles and that there are no drop off fees for a different location. I don't think I've seen any drop off fees from the major companies but just something to look out for so you're not shocked by a 'hidden' cost.

Make sure to shop around and read the fine print - some may seem lower but you want to make sure they are giving you unlimited miles and that there are no drop off fees for a different location. I don't think I've seen any drop off fees from the major companies but just something to look out for so you're not shocked by a 'hidden' cost.
^^^^^This.

Check carefully for TOTAL cost. Sometimes there is no drop off fee; sometimes there is a BIG one. I had one quote in California that included a $400 dropoff fee! I rented from another company with $0 dropoff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!