New 350 room hotel near Swan and Dolphin "The Swan Reserve”

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were there earlier this month(feb 25-March 3), It looked like they finally had momentum. You could hear them pounding in pilings while in epcot on the canada side of the park.

Saw it recently while mini golfing... Looks pretty cool right now. I wonder about prices, fireworks views, restaurants...

I was looking at different views of the Swan and Dolphin. Seems Cove will rise to just about the same height as the Swan (not including giant concrete birb on top) above "shoulder height" of the Dolphin. The sight line will go down the area between the S&D to the Beach Club bridge over the waterway near International Gateway. I think the skyline will blend in with S&D pretty well. It will almost make a sightline bridge across from Swan to Dolphin. Many won't even notice it there I suspect.

DRiving past yesterday ( raining ) I could see new design on exterior seeing tones of Pink & blue & white . Almost matching the color pallet of the current Swan & Dolphin with that particular vision. How to describe that color besides grayish / bluish pinkish .. Hope somebody drives past today in sunshine for better description. Maybe more design will be revealed with today’s construction.
The Florida sky is very powerful playing with color.

I think about this everytime someone comments about the color of the Castle.... I believe it is no where near the final layer of design . So I will continue to believe!

Just found this thread, thanks for all the photos and information. I agree that it is a small footprint but I guess ok for high rise hotel. I for one am not thrilled with the concept art, the design is not appealing to me. I will have to wait a few months before I'm back at WDW to see this new hotel, can't wait to see it in person.

It's a steel-blue glass-clad tower. Honestly, it looks like a generic glass office building. (And in Florida, that means expensive to cool, and prone to hurricane wind damage.) Pretty enough, but not all that exciting as a hotel (there are no balconies that I could see.).

It definitely does NOT in any way coordinate with the terra-cotta exterior colors of the Swolphin.

In the current economy it will be interesting to see how Marriott prices those multi-bed suites; it could turn out to be the best bargain on property.

Hopefully, they reconsider. They opened up the dining plan to a few other "non-disney" owned resorts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!