New AP members -- validation questions

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
DH and I just bought our AP's through TDS yesterday. ($354.04 w/DC discount, in case anyone wants to know for themselves.)
We arrive at MCO, noonish on Saturday. 1/5/02. We have a rental set up and plan to drive to ASMo for check in or World of Sports for DH to pick up his marathon packet.
The first day I want to make it into MGM for Osborn Lights.
When and where does anyone suggest we validate our AP's?
As new AP members, do we get a packet explaining perks, a lanyard or anything? Or just a smile and there's the park entrance?
How long will it take to be validated?
As an AP member, what should we be sure to take advantage of?
TIA!

You can activate your APs at the front gate of MGM. It takes a few minutes for activation. You must present your driver's license (or some sort of photo ID) and your name and address are put into Disney's system. You trade your vouchers for actual APs and you will receive a sleeve for your pass that lists all the perks. My best advice is to continually ask if there is a discount for Annual Pass Holders. Do this at meals, tours, shopping at Downtown Disney. You never know when something will come up. And always ask about Annual Pass Holder discounts for your resort stay. Unfortunately, Disney hasn't yet released any for 2002, but keep an eye out on these boards for news about AP Holder discount (some call them AP rates - but Disney does not recognize that name) and you may be able to save on your trip in January!

Hello,
When you activate them, remember to check the dates. I've read some posts that sometimes they make a mistake.
Buttercup:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter