• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Attraction at D-MGM

I LOVED Superstar TV, and that would be a great thing to put in the ABC theatre. The Drew Carey Show would be a great one to have there, and although it got cancelled for next season, I would love to see Dharma and Greg have a spot, as well!

I would love to see Alias... it would be cool to do different stunts (safe ones of course) in front of a blue screen. Then put all the pieces together for a final product. That would be cool.

I never understood why they didn't just change the scenes in Superstar Television. The concept wasn't tired, and certainly fit with the theme of the park.

The concept for Disney/MGM Studios changed from being about all movies and television to being about just Disney movies and television. The old SuperStar show traced the history of television by using both classic and recent shows. The new show sounds just like blatant marketing and a way to amortize all the budget overruns on ‘Dinotopia: The Series’.

I wonder which guest they’ll pick to the “naked rear” scenes from ‘NYPD Blue’?

All right now, M. Katzen...er...M. AV. You, sir, have crossed the line.

I love the editorializing of nearly all of your posts, but to disparage SuperStar TV in ANY form, is heresy and you, sir, should be duly punished.

Superstar TV to some may not have been the greatest attraction ever built, but it was one of the best to ever fit the original theme for the Studios. It showed poor peeps like us who are not in showbiz what a set looked like, and gave us the chance to pretend to be a star....

Methinks that you have been in the industry so long that you forget what us 'little people' really want -- the chance to do the Happy Birthday sequence with Woody.

Even if it means that we are cast as the nerdy friend in Lizzie McTired for that wonderful Disney Channel Synergy!, it still a chance to show how bad us players from Middletown, USA are in front of a camera. Howl!!

;) ;)

Maybe when they put something in the ABC Theater they will get rid of the horrible show next door. I really enjoyed sitting in a pitch black theater with headphones on listening to Drew Carey pretrend to be a private detective.

Anyone want to come to the defense of this attraction?

Yeah, I will.

I am a Radio, Television, and Film Production major at the University of North Texas...and am focusing on radio and audio production. (Currently interning at 102.1 The Edge Morning Show with Jagger and Julie...that's for any of you that know DFW area.)

Sounds Dangerous is one of my FAVORITE attractions at WDW. It is so cool how they can get you to "see" something...or visually imagine it...and make you believe it's pretty real just with audio mixed with some heavy study in psycho-acoutics.

I love Sounds Dangerous...but then again, I might like it so much because of my interests in radio. Whatever the case may be...leave it there, cause I'm coming back! :)

I'll champion Sounds Dangerous too (although it could be better). I don't even like Drew and I like this one! I thought it was an improvement over what was previously there. It's cute and cool (and relatively relaxing). It does make you use your imagination. (now if some of the heads could only use theirs!)

I think some think like SSTV would be great - I loved the old show.

I also really enjoyed Sounds Dangerous. it worked well in the studio setting as a clue to how powerful sound can be. I also don't care for Drew Carey but he worked well in this. As a side note Disney has installed this sound system in the new Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland and in that case it doesn't work. It is a great distraction from the focus of the show. In my opion.
I only got to see SuperStar Television once. It was fun and I was sad when they closed it. I wanted to see it again.

I enjoyed Sounds Dangerous and I even like the smaller dark attraction in the booths in the exit area! I like listening to stories like this though. I think it's great fun to find the old radio shows like The Shadow.

I enjoyed the booths at the exit as well. I just didn't think the major attraction needed to be built around that.

I guess what really bugged me was that the attraction previously was a fun attraction where members of the audience added sound effects to a film clip, and then the clip was played back. It was funny in that the sounds never matched the action, and educational in that you got a behind the scenes look at adding sound to films. Or I guess the old fashioned way of doing it, I'm sure itis all digital now.

But now......
You are shown a film from a small camera attached to Drew Carey that loses its picture 1/3 of the way through and are left to hear the action on a headset. Yes, it requires you to use your imagination, sort of like a very, very cheap Alien Encounter.

It just seems lazy. The whole thing cost probably $495.67 to do, and that includes development cost.

That was the first time I sat in a Disney attraction and waited for it to be over.

Of course, this is just one opinion. From the response to my previous post there are people that like it, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

kenjean, everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion...and I don't doubt the attraction could be better...

Question though, are those booths still in the exit of the attraction? And if so, are they much different than the show itself?

Yes, Kenjean - exactly. The main show itself is scarcely different from what can be acomplished in those little booths. It just holds more people at one time.

I much preferred the old show. Seeing how sound effects were made (rather than just simply listening to them) was educational and fun.

I loved Superstar Television for the same reasons mentioned by Airlarry. It was a unique attraction that gave us non-Hollywoods a chance to see a little of what it was like. Doug was nice, but the LAST thing the Studios needed was another stage show.

Hey, if we can get a good sponsor for M,Y,&ABC, there will be a huge re-ride factor, and, vo-la! We have a long running attracion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter