New Banking Rules = Diff UY

jcf

DIS Veteran
If I have a DEC UY, should I get a June UY with a new add-on (160) to give me more flexibility if I need to cancel a trip, in that, I can transfer points into the other UY?

:confused3

If I have a DEC UY, should I get a June UY with a new add-on (160) to give me more flexibility if I need to cancel a trip, in that, I can transfer points into the other UY?

When points are transferred, they are supposed to retain their original resort and UY status. So your plan wouldn't work according to DVC rules.

The way it is suppose to work and the way it works is not always the same. As far as I know the way it works now is when you transfer points into another contract, they take on the resort and expiration date of the year and resort you transferred into. I know they've been working on that glitch but I don't know if its corrected and it's been like that for years. I've transferred BCV points out to HH with a different use year and that's how they ended up.

It's risky though to buy with that intent because they can fix that problem at any time.

As PP pointed out, the transfer thing might not work if they ever fix the glitch. It also might run into some trouble as they are trying to track those things manually now as a work-around. HOWEVER, your plan to buy the June UY might be a good idea if you then use the June UY points for trips planned June-Nov and your Dec UY points for trips planned Dec-May. If they build CRV, I think that's what we may do - get our CRV points as a June UY for more flexibility.

Maybe, maybe not. It does depend on future rules and interpretation. Given that transferred points still often assume the home resort and use year of the destination AND that transferred points have been bankable above and after (until the end of the UY) having different home resorts may indeed help in this manner. But even if it doesn't, or those options evaporate, it's still a good idea to have different UY since you can decide which contract to use for a given trip to avoid the issue in the first place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter