New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten the Plaza milkshake as a drink versus a dessert? I know other places like Sci Fi consider them a beverage, but those aren't AYCTE and they're listed on the beverage section of the menu. Plaza clearly listed their milkshakes as a dessert, so I'm curious.

Anyone know the answer to this one?

Thanks!

CRT, Mickey's BY BBQ, California grill, spirit of Aloha, boathouse, etc... Can my folks share a single meal between the two of them, if it is not us with them, too? Like at BH, or CG, will they have issues, or can they order a half portion each if they don't want the same thing?
Thanks!

Yes, in most table service restaurants they could definitely share a meal/entree, but I doubt they could do two half orders of different entrees. They might be allowed, but I wouldn't expect it.

Unfortunately most of the restaurants you mentioned aren't in that category. Any buffets/shows they will both be required to pay or use credits, including Mickey's Backyard BBQ and Spirit of Aloha. CG Brunch they would both need to pay, but if it was lunch or dinner they could share an entree. CRT they'll both need to use 2 credits or pay the $80 or so out of pocket. Boathouse they can share.

Wait, so we can get a Lapu Lapu in a glass with breakfast at 'Ohana? I've never had one and figured i'd have to wait until our next trip in 2020 to try it, but if i can get it at breakfast that's pretty cool!
We ate at Kona, not ‘Ohana, but we also did 1900PF and a drink was included (though they put ice in the mimosa, which was a curious choice) :).

Upthread, there is a report of somebody getting the Lapu Lapu in the glass at ‘Ohana...not sure if it was at breakfast, but it would logically be available then too since they offer a drink menu at breakfast as well!

We ate at Kona, not ‘Ohana, but we also did 1900PF and a drink was included (though they put ice in the mimosa, which was a curious choice) :).

Upthread, there is a report of somebody getting the Lapu Lapu in the glass at ‘Ohana...not sure if it was at breakfast, but it would logically be available then too since they offer a drink menu at breakfast as well!

I read this on another thread too. I think you have to specify you want the refill, and the PP got it to go!

Of course.

Sassagoula we both had 2 16oz Yuenglings
Satu'li we both had the 22oz Hawkes Grog Ale
Be our Guest Dinner Both had a glass of the Lombre de la Bete, Chateau neuf de Pape. Actually $17 per glass and Outstanding!
Polite Pig Moscow Mule and a Grapefruit Margarita
Hollywood and Vine Moscow Mule and a Mojito
Ohana Backscratcher and a Lapu Lapu (no Pineapple)

Was the actual back scratcher included with that drink?

Has anyone eaten breakfast at Garden Grill or Akershus with the DxDP? Was alcohol included? I have seen posts here that generally, yes, it is included on the DxDP, just wanted to confirm, especially for Akershus.

We went May 1-5th on the Regular DDP for 2 Adults for 3 nights of dining plan and four days of MYW hopper + passes (6 total TS Credits-'Ohana, Tusker House, Boma, 6 QS Credits at ABC Commissary, La Cantina de San Angel Inn, Tangerine Cafe, and Riverside Mill Food Court, plus 12 Snack Credits in all). The first three nights were at PC and the last night we stayed at POR-R (Alligator Bayou). We were offered any regular non-alcoholic drink PLUS any alcohol drink at Tusker House (Rivers of Light Package), 'Ohana, and Boma. All three had the same Alcoholic Drinks Menu. Also had any choice of any alcoholic drinks on the menu at our QS's. CMs were happy to point out ANY alcoholic drink applied. I was celebrating my birthday while there so was also offered cupcakes/bday desserts to take back to the room at each TS. Also note: you can get a FREE Bday Slushy at Club Cool Counter! (Prices listed are not including tax)

Day One: Sipped many sodas from our Resort Mugs then off to MK for Be Our Guest (out of pocket) - split the Croques Monsieur ($13.99 + tax) and I drank a soda ($3.29 + tax). For dinner at 'Ohana ($59.99 x 2, plus drinks, plus tax, plus tip) - both of us opted for the yummy Pina Coladas (cost???).

Day Two: Breakfast donuts brought from home in room then split Epcot snack credit of Cheese & Fruit snack ($6.69) from Sunshine Seasons -we also split a bag of Lays chips ($2.99) and one soda ($3.29) we bought out of pocket; then enjoyed a FREE birthday Slushy from Club Cool and then we split 2 snack credits from Flower & Garden Northern Bloom Food Booth - Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple-wood Smoked Bacon – $6.50; Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables – $6.75, plus two Maudite Amber Ale Drafts ($5 each out of pocket). Then ROL Early Show - Tusker House Buffet ($59.99 x 2 plus tax, plus drinks, plus tip)—it was very festive while we waited outside for our table so DH bought a Safari Amber Draft ($9.25). DH opted for a strong Long Island Iced Tea ($ cost?)and I picked the Blue Glow-tini ($- cost?)for the dinner buffet then we split a late-night Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae snack at Pop Century ($6.29) just outside of the closed Hippy Dippy Pool.

Day Three: Ate lunch at ABC Commissary where we both (with regret) got the bacon cheeseburger with fries ($11.49 x 2)--but DH enjoyed the Happy Daze drink ($9.50) and I drank a Yeungling ($8.00). DH and I the split one snack credit of funnel cake with strawberries and chocolate sauce and whipped cream ($8.49) from Oasis Canteen; then we had dinner at Boma ($59.99 x 2 plus drinks, plus tax, plus tips)at 5pm-I had the Magical Star Cocktail ($ cost?) and asked for Rimmed Salt (which they provided) and DH had another Pina Colada ($ cost?).

Day Four: MK Breakfast was 2 snacks of Mickey Waffles w Strawberry Sauce and Whipped Cream Snacks from Sleepy Hollow ($6.79 x 2). Later we each had a Dole Whip with Pineapple upside-down cake snacks ($6.49 x 2) then At DHS, from At Epcot, we split one Taco Trio meal ($13.25) at La Cantina de San Angel I picked the Patrón Lime Margarita on the Rocks ($15.25 and enough for two people!); then we made our way to Morroco's Tangerine Cafe for the Shawarma Chicken and Lamb Platter and I picked a bottle of beer. We later bought and split another draft out of pocket Yeungling ($8.00) beer at the Liberty Inn at the American Pavilion while watching Herman’s Hermits. Later, we split one Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich with Caramel Sauce from MK’s Plaza Ice Cream ($5.99) and late night, bought an out of pocket Soda ($3.29). Drank resort mug sodas while watching Yeehaw Bob and used up our last two QS (Cupcake and also hummus snack). Baton Rouge Burger ($12.99) and DH got the Pick your own Pasta ($12.49) and we both had beers ($8.00 x 2) with those meals.

Day Five: Ate leftover food and snacks we'd purchased the night before---the Red Velvet Cupcake (large enough to split $4.29) for breakfast then once at DS, we each drank a Corona ($7 x 2) to celebrate Cinco De Mayo at Cocina Frontera and ate Chips & Salsa ($4.00). Then ate leftover snacks from home along with pretzels and hummus snack ($4.49) I had purchased the night before.

At MCO we each had Bourbon Chicken, Beef and Broccoli and Fried Rice) form Asian Chao Oriental Eatery and a McD Coke Zero Sugar.

For dinner at 'Ohana ($59.99 x 2, plus drinks, plus tax, plus tip

Tusker House Buffet ($59.99 x 2 plus tax, plus drinks, plus tip

dinner at Boma ($59.99 x 2 plus drinks, plus tax, plus tips)

Are you taking those costs from an actual receipt or are you just quoting the standard spread? Our trusted Buffet pricing sticky says the price should be:

Ohana $45.80 (incl tax)
Tusker ROL $52.19 (incl tax)
Boma $45.80 (incl tax)

#Happy2GotoWDWMom
Thank you so much for your review. It is very similar to our plan for our upcoming trip and the first time using the QSDP. We were excited to see that the funnel cake at HS qualified as a snack credit!

Did you get an alcoholic drink included at buffets, such as Chef Mickey? TIA
I specifically had a mimosa for Chef Mickey's Breakfast.

I'm after reading a few different conflicting experiences from ours. I'll add a list of included alcoholic beverages we had =) This was for an April 2018 stay.

Chef Mickeys Brunch - The waitress just asked what we would like to drink and I ordered.
Pizzerizzo (HS) - Ordered a frozen margarita through mobile ordering
Rainforest Cafe - Ordered something similar to the Pina Colava. Delicious! (we were specifically offered here)
TREX - I had a frozen drink and DH had a beer. Mine was delicious. Offered drinks.
Coral Reef - Can't remember exactly what I had but it was definitely alcohol. LOL
Stayed at AKL, had drinks that were included at Maji Pool Bar, Sanaa, Boma and the Mara.

Honestly we really had no trouble getting a drink anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter