New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I specifically had a mimosa for Chef Mickey's Breakfast.

I'm after reading a few different conflicting experiences from ours. I'll add a list of included alcoholic beverages we had =) This was for an April 2018 stay.

Chef Mickeys Brunch - The waitress just asked what we would like to drink and I ordered.
Pizzerizzo (HS) - Ordered a frozen margarita through mobile ordering
Rainforest Cafe - Ordered something similar to the Pina Colava. Delicious! (we were specifically offered here)
TREX - I had a frozen drink and DH had a beer. Mine was delicious. Offered drinks.
Coral Reef - Can't remember exactly what I had but it was definitely alcohol. LOL
Stayed at AKL, had drinks that were included at Maji Pool Bar, Sanaa, Boma and the Mara.

Honestly we really had no trouble getting a drink anywhere.
Thanks for sharing!

Are you taking those costs from an actual receipt or are you just quoting the standard spread? Our trusted Buffet pricing sticky says the price should be:

Ohana $45.80 (incl tax)
Tusker ROL $52.19 (incl tax)
Boma $45.80 (incl tax)

I had dinner at 'Ohana last Friday, (5/4 ) and was charged $48.99, tax included. The sticky might be a little off, but it definitely wasn't $59.99.

I tried to find the answer to this but couldn't. If you order an alcoholic beverage are you also able to order a glass of water or soft drink?

I tried to find the answer to this but couldn't. If you order an alcoholic beverage are you also able to order a glass of water or soft drink?
With a dining plan, no drink in addition to alcoholic drink unless it’s a cup/glass of free “tap” water. At least that’s how I read the guidelines.

Definite no for the soft drink. At Coral Reef, TRex, and Rainforest we were given water without asking. We weren't given any anywhere else but didn't ask for it either.

In February, we got soft drinks along with our alcoholic beverages at Rain Forest Cafe, House of Blues & ‘Ohana for no extra charge. We had to pay for soft drinks at Chefs de France and Via Napoli.

This might be a silly question, and not quite sure it fits on this thread - but trying to plan to just drink water on the DxDP so that we can order alcoholic drinks as much as possible. Question is - if you get water, is it the awful tap water in Florida or is it better than what is the normal, sulfur-y tap water of Florida? Visiting family in other areas of FL is the only time I can't order water out when eating.

This might be a silly question, and not quite sure it fits on this thread - but trying to plan to just drink water on the DxDP so that we can order alcoholic drinks as much as possible. Question is - if you get water, is it the awful tap water in Florida or is it better than what is the normal, sulfur-y tap water of Florida? Visiting family in other areas of FL is the only time I can't order water out when eating.

I've never gotten the nasty water when we've been given free glasses at any Disney Restaurant. Pretty sure I would have spit it out if I had.

Just spent 5 days in WDW on the DxDDP. Overall using the plan was easy and it was a LOT of food but we happily used up all of our credits! We were offered alcoholic drinks at all restaurants with a value up to $15 or $16. Flights were not included except at Maria and Enzo which was the only place that also offered a soft drink as part of the deal.

Homecomin Kitchen on DxDDP is way too much food and we could have split one credit among the 3 of us. But we ate heartily and took home the rest to OKW and finished a bit during the week.

At Cali Grill we were offered the Mimosa cocktail (with blueberries) and also had access to the Bloody Mary bar.

We ate at Homecomin, Edison, Maria and Enzo, Raglan brunch, CaliGrill brunch, Artist Point, Citricos, Boathouse, Via Napoli and Brown Derby. Any questions, let me know.

I would say the highlights were Homecomin, Citricos, Raglan and Boathouse. Will post pics soon.

Interesting, thanks for the info! There have been different reports on the Bloody Mary being included or not on the dining plan, so you were able to get a mimosa and a Bloody Mary included in the dining plan?

I've never gotten the nasty water when we've been given free glasses at any Disney Restaurant. Pretty sure I would have spit it out if I had.
We were there in 2016 and same thing, noticed all water in restaurants was not gross. One counter service we could tell it was not filtered and had a sulphuric smell, but I can’t remember which one. But really, 99.9% Water was great! We were pleasantly surprised!

Just spent 5 days in WDW on the DxDDP. Overall using the plan was easy and it was a LOT of food but we happily used up all of our credits! We were offered alcoholic drinks at all restaurants with a value up to $15 or $16. Flights were not included except at Maria and Enzo which was the only place that also offered a soft drink as part of the deal.

Homecomin Kitchen on DxDDP is way too much food and we could have split one credit among the 3 of us. But we ate heartily and took home the rest to OKW and finished a bit during the week.

At Cali Grill we were offered the Mimosa cocktail (with blueberries) and also had access to the Bloody Mary bar.

We ate at Homecomin, Edison, Maria and Enzo, Raglan brunch, CaliGrill brunch, Artist Point, Citricos, Boathouse, Via Napoli and Brown Derby. Any questions, let me know.

I would say the highlights were Homecomin, Citricos, Raglan and Boathouse. Will post pics soon.
That’s great to hear! Any qualms about having to use more than 1 credit at places like Citricos and Boathouse? We like the signature restaurants but are not sure how we would feel having to use mote than 1 dining credit per meal. Maybe it wasn’t a big deal because you did deluxe? That’s probably one of the best ways to use those credits without being crazy full all week. Anyone do something like this on the regular dining plan?? Thoughts?? Pros-cons??

Did a 4-night DDP while staying on DVC points. 2 adults + 1 child. Spend most snack credits in Epcot Flower / Garden Festival. Did Spirit of Aloha (not worth it) and France for TS.

First snafu was the Spirit of Aloha dinner. I paid with cc beforehand, then bought DDP. Once there, we were told by host and by server that they'll credit my cc and pull the DDP credits. Did not happen. I was careful and checked the # of credits I have on my plan before each meal and noticed the mistakes. I can see how others with a larger party or longer DDP get the #s confused. You don't want to finish a dinner and then realize you have to pay out of pocket.

In France, I asked the server and the host specifically if my DC could use child's TS credit and order from adult menu. They both said yes. They ended up pulling 3 adult TS credits for that dinner. The wine that we ordered was ridiculously small portion.

We ended up spending almost 45 min back at hotel's concierge to deal with the above mess. They understood and was apologizing but even the Manager had a hard time reverting the Aloha credits. They said the system simply won't let them refund cc amount and replace that with TS credit *after* the meal is done. Once fixed, we realized we had more QS credit than expected, and now had to waste it in food court (we were leaving).

My 2 cents :
1. DDP is only worth my effort if it's short vacation. Even 4 days is a bit too much food for me. I'd rather split stay and do a 2-3 day DDP, esp during Wine or Garden fest.

2. We tend to drink around Epcot. DDP doesn't help. We ended up using QS to get drink + meal, and hold onto the meal for breakfast next day. Not worth the energy.

3. Some restaurants' children menu is a joke. Bad food / bad choices. And quote my 7 yr old DC, "Why should I eat hot dog when I can get duck confit?".

4. WDW needs to update their system so guests can see a list of restaurants used / amount charged / # of credit left...etc I HAD to ask the restaurants before each meal the # of TS I have left. Guest relations in the park can only show you what's on your band and not the history. Website doesn't tell me this info either.

5. Do not wait till last minute to straighten out any dining mistakes. I didn't realize that only Concierge can handle my type of problem. I would think the front desk / guest relations can handle. Nope. And I feel bad for the next person waiting in line after me. Plus, Concierge is not 24 hours.

6. If you want to pay with both DDP credits and cc (for non-DDP items), most places have to ring you up twice. This can add time / confusion if you have large # of orders. I have had places in Epcot that could handle both in one transaction, so I don't think it's the system's limitation.

7. If your DH or family members cannot handle the definition of QS vs snacks vs TS, don't let them go off on their own. Yup, my DH is the one who used snack credits for a diet coke.

Would I do DDP again? Probably only for a 1-2 day split stay. The amount of energy that went into planning and keep tracking is just not worth the amount saved (or not saved).

Last edited:
First snafu was the Spirit of Aloha dinner. I paid with cc beforehand, then bought DDP. Once there, we were told by host and by server that they'll credit my cc and pull the DDP credits. Did not happen.

They said the system simply won't let them refund cc amount and replace that with TS credit *after* the meal is done. Once fixed, we realized...

Sorry to hear about the hassle. It sounds like they were able to fix it, correct? You didn't get stuck paying OOP, did you? I have two reservations "on my card" that will need to be covered by the plan when I check in. Now I've got another thing to worry about :/

4. WDW needs to update their system so guests can see a list of restaurants used / amount charged / # of credit left...etc I HAD to ask the restaurants before each meal the # of TS I have left. Guest relations in the park can only show you what's on your band and not the history. Website doesn't tell me this info either.

On the my Disney experience app it shows how many and what kind (table/quick/snack) of credits you have left.

Sorry to hear about the hassle. It sounds like they were able to fix it, correct? You didn't get stuck paying OOP, did you? I have two reservations "on my card" that will need to be covered by the plan when I check in. Now I've got another thing to worry about :/

Yes, it eventually was fixed. I verified with my CC statement to make sure I got the amount back. I'm glad I didn't wait till I got home to deal with it. Concierge staff has no idea how to work around my issues, called other staff, eventually Manager, and even then he was stumped (hence took forever). My suggestion is to clear all that out BEFORE the meal. But I suspect it'll be an easy thing to do before it happened, not after.

Being on DVC hotels definitely made the process more complicated (likely because the DVC system was inferior, hence I couldn't see my dining history). I suspect most people who have regular hotel reservations do not bumped into issues like this.

I believe you can call Guest Services once you have the dining plan and they can refund your CC, verify you have the DDP, and hold the credits to be used once you dine. At least that is what we were able to do last July with CRT... I would do it before you leave for your trip if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!