New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

New York seems to be on the chopping block. For fall 2019, Magic is heading down to the Caribbeans in early November -- ditching the late November WDW cruises. Trial and error, but seems like nothing in Sep to Nov is selling well.

Once the new ships arrive, what Disney needs to do is run some NY cruises during the school holidays. This will get them a stickier base who will then bring their friends and families next and eventually start to look for sweeter deals outside of the season.

New York seems to be on the chopping block. For fall 2019, Magic is heading down to the Caribbeans in early November -- ditching the late November WDW cruises. Trial and error, but seems like nothing in Sep to Nov is selling well.

Once the new ships arrive, what Disney needs to do is run some NY cruises during the school holidays. This will get them a stickier base who will then bring their friends and families next and eventually start to look for sweeter deals outside of the season.

Totally agree with this. A Disney ship during the summer months would sell really well out of NY. Until NY cruisers realize the Disney ships aren’t just for parents with little kids, running them during the school year doesn’t make a lot of sense. Obviously there are the existing DCL customers that know this, but we’re the exception.

Totally agree with this. A Disney ship during the summer months would sell really well out of NY. Until NY cruisers realize the Disney ships aren’t just for parents with little kids, running them during the school year doesn’t make a lot of sense. Obviously there are the existing DCL customers that know this, but we’re the exception.

So I firmly think only 3 ships will serve the eastern US market in the summer, but that’s still 1 more than they have now, I think you will have 2 of the boats running the same schedule as the dream and fantasy, Disney could very well run some longer (9-11 night) carribean out of NY for part of a summer. I do think they will want to run some of the longer southern carribeans out of Canaveral as well.

So I firmly think only 3 ships will serve the eastern US market in the summer, but that’s still 1 more than they have now, I think you will have 2 of the boats running the same schedule as the dream and fantasy, Disney could very well run some longer (9-11 night) carribean out of NY for part of a summer. I do think they will want to run some of the longer southern carribeans out of Canaveral as well.

It's going to be interested to see what they have planned. Still -- regarding pricing -- Disney is far from "in line" with other lines during the same itineraries. It would just be nice to see them become more reasonably, even during peak periods!

It's going to be interested to see what they have planned. Still -- regarding pricing -- Disney is far from "in line" with other lines during the same itineraries. It would just be nice to see them become more reasonably, even during peak periods!

Who are you quoting about Disney ever being “in line” price wise with other lines. I my post insinuated Disney wanted to be “in line” with other cruise lines I apologize. Disney wants to stay a premium with a premium price. Don’t expect any drop in peek season pricing.

Who are you quoting about Disney ever being “in line” price wise with other lines. I my post insinuated Disney wanted to be “in line” with other cruise lines I apologize. Disney wants to stay a premium with a premium price. Don’t expect any drop in peek season pricing.

I was quoting myself ;) -- I have said along that Disney is over the top in the pricing field in comparison to other lines. There are premium lines who don't cost as much as Disney (like Oceania, Princess), but then again they aren't considered family cruises. Just an opinion.

Having seen their pricing compared to what you can get on the other lines for thousands less, I think from previous posts that many people are wising up to cheaper deals and better amenities on other lines ;)
Yep. I've still haven't even had my first cruise yet. First one will be this December on the Fantasy. But looking at other lines lately, I think this may be my only cruise with DCL.

And we can only hope that Disney's prices start to align with other lines and make it affordable ;)::yes::
Hahahahahaha! Disney Lower prices?! Only if something drastic happens like WWIII.
As long as they can get the premium money out of people, they will charge it.

Yep. I've still haven't even had my first cruise yet. First one will be this December on the Fantasy. But looking at other lines lately, I think this may be my only cruise with DCL.

Hahahahahaha! Disney Lower prices?! Only if something drastic happens like WWIII.
As long as they can get the premium money out of people, they will charge it.
Hahahahahaha! You think this may be your only cruise with DCL! Buy the placeholder. Just in case. ;)

The following names are the ones that I like for the new ships

Disney Adventure

Disney Discovery

Disney Imagine

Disney Legend

Disney Kingdom

Disney World

Disney Endeavour

I listed the two new ideas from this post. However, I doubt very much Disney will name one of their ships Disney World since they have so many parks ;)

Here is my revised list of names for the 3 new ships

Disney Adventure
Disney Imagine
Disney Legend

Disney Kingdom
Disney World

Disney Discovery
Disney Endeavour
Disney Atlantis

it still wouldn't hurt to have a ship named after a park
What if they had named it Disney-MGM Studios? But then they renamed the park Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2008. I thought they considered a name change again for the park with the removal of the wizards hat and then the removal of the water tower.

I don’t think they want to commit to a park name. Weren’t they discussing a name change for Epcot recently? And removal of the big golf ball? I think that’s the same status as “It’s A Small World” it should always be a ride with the past and then let someone pay to show the future in the center section.

Can’t change the name of the ship that would be bad luck. I don’t think Disney wants to commit to a park name. But I would have liked it also, I have Christmas ornaments that are the Hat and also the Water-tower that I paid big bucks for, now I have to get another to be current.

What if they had named it Disney-MGM Studios? But then they renamed the park Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2008. I thought they considered a name change again for the park with the removal of the wizards hat and then the removal of the water tower.

I don’t think they want to commit to a park name. Weren’t they discussing a name change for Epcot recently? And removal of the big golf ball? I think that’s the same status as “It’s A Small World” it should always be a ride with the past and then let someone pay to show the future in the center section.

Can’t change the name of the ship that would be bad luck. I don’t think Disney wants to commit to a park name. But I would have liked it also, I have Christmas ornaments that are the Hat and also the Water-tower that I paid big bucks for, now I have to get another to be current.

They may have considered changing EPCOT’s name (though I don’t think that was ever a serious proposal as EPCOT is a healthy brand in itself). I have never heard suggestion of removing Spaceship earth (what you call big golf ball). It’s actually a building with a fairly popular ride inside.

I think all the Park naming stemmed from “Disney World”. No way they will name one that.

Can you imagine, “hey honey I’ve booked us a trip on the Disney World” the confusion that would ensue would be rediculous. It won’t happen.

My thoughts

The names:
Disney Imagination
Disney Believe
Disney Wish

Atrium Character
Daisy
Goofy
Elsa

Bow Art
Pirate Mickey
Not sure but they may duplicate others since they already used Sorcerer Mickey twice

Aft
Peter Pan and Tinkerbell
Lilo and Stitch
Chip and Dale

The iteneraries are likely to be:

Three permanent ships out of Port Canaveral (likely the three new ships)
1. Three and four night to Bahamas same as now leaving Monday and Friday
2. Seven night to Eastern Carribean leaving Saturday
3. Seven night to Western Carribean

One ship permanently doing Mediterranean cruises likely one of the current larger ships

The remaining 3 ships doing specialty cruises like the current two older ships are doing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter