New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Here's my guess as to deployment once all 3 new ships are done. I base this in part on looking at what other cruise lines are doing and assuming Disney will do something similar. It seems likely that when the first new ship comes, it'll get sent to Alaska in the summer. Every cruise line is expanding their Alaska presence right now, and the fares for Alaska are quite high. Whether it goes back to the Caribbean in the winter or heads to Asia/Australia is the big question. I'm going to guess Asia/Australia, as that's a big growth area.

So all in, I'm predicting with all 7 ships operating:

- Winter: 5 ships in Caribbean/Bahamas (New2, New3 and Dream out of Port Canaveral, Magic out of Galveston, Fantasy out of Miami), 1 ship in Australia/Asia (New1), 1 ship doing West coast, Hawaii, Mexico, possibly S America (Wonder).

- Summer: 3 ships in Caribbean/Bahamas (Dream, Fantasy, New3 out of Port Canaveral), 2 ships in Alaska (Wonder out of Vancouver, New1 out of Seattle), 2 ships in Europe (Magic in N Europe, Iceland, Norway; New2 in Mediterranean).

They may have considered changing EPCOT’s name (though I don’t think that was ever a serious proposal as EPCOT is a healthy brand in itself). I have never heard suggestion of removing Spaceship earth (what you call big golf ball). It’s actually a building with a fairly popular ride inside.

I think all the Park naming stemmed from “Disney World”. No way they will name one that.

Can you imagine, “hey honey I’ve booked us a trip on the Disney World” the confusion that would ensue would be rediculous. It won’t happen.

That's what I was thinking. I think a name like Disney Kingdom would be the same confusing situation -- you have the Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom already.

I like Imagine and Adventure, but still think Disney Marvel would be great name

Yes, and it would accomplish two tie-ins -- the Marvel franchise, and the fact that the Disney ships are a marvel ;)

The iteneraries are likely to be:

Three permanent ships out of Port Canaveral (likely the three new ships)
1. Three and four night to Bahamas same as now leaving Monday and Friday
2. Seven night to Eastern Carribean leaving Saturday
3. Seven night to Western Carribean

One ship permanently doing Mediterranean cruises likely one of the current larger ships

The remaining 3 ships doing specialty cruises like the current two older ships are doing

1 ship doing West coast, Hawaii,

I like these theories!!!!

I like for names:

Disney Enchantment
Disney Infinity
Disney Imagination

For itineraries, I like (and hope for):

More Caribbean itineraries (including islands not currently visited, like Turks & Caicos)
Permanent Hawaiian itinerary or two
Maybe more Mediterranean or European itineraries.

:dogdance:

I like for names:

Disney Enchantment
Disney Infinity
Disney Imagination

For itineraries, I like (and hope for):

More Caribbean itineraries (including islands not currently visited, like Turks & Caicos)

Permanent Hawaiian itinerary or two
Maybe more Mediterranean or European itineraries.

:dogdance:

Yes, please -- change up the Caribbean itineraries for goodness sake! But on a regular basis, not as a one or two time special each year or so. When you look at other cruise lines, they have such a huge variation in their port itineraries each year, adding new ones, taking out old (been done too many times) ones. I wish Disney would do more 10 and 11 night itineraries in the Caribbean, too. :thumbsup2

I personally really like the names: Disney Believe, Disney Wish, Disney Discovery, Disney Adventure and Disney Imagination. For some reason though, I think Disney tries to go with names that are more elegant-just something to think about.

I personally think that from all the names so far suggested on page one, that the following are my favorite and could be considered "classy": Disney Believe, Disney Enchantment, Disney Imagine/Imagination and Disney Wish/Wishes.

Isn't the first ship sailing in 2021? How far in advance did they announce the names for the last two ships?

I personally think that from all the names so far suggested on page one, that the following are my favorite and could be considered "classy": Disney Believe, Disney Enchantment, Disney Imagine/Imagination and Disney Wish/Wishes.

Isn't the first ship sailing in 2021? How far in advance did they announce the names for the last two ships?
knowing Disney names probably wont be released until about a year out

Given the PC expansion and upgrade plans (including Disney using Terminal 10 on a part-time basis), I imagine there will be more than 3 ships in PC during the winter. They have 3 there now and don't need any additional port help. Something tells me they'll have 4-5 there during the winter if they need additional terminal space.

Given the PC expansion and upgrade plans (including Disney using Terminal 10 on a part-time basis), I imagine there will be more than 3 ships in PC during the winter. They have 3 there now and don't need any additional port help. Something tells me they'll have 4-5 there during the winter if they need additional terminal space.
From the way I read the announcement, DCL is going to have at least 2 ships in port on the same day. Not necessarily during just the winter. I can see DCL doing just say for argument's sake the fantasy doing a 7-Day Eastern followed by a 7-Day Western the following week with say for argument's sake the dream doing a Western and then an eastern both leaving on Saturday one from 8 the other from 10. There's any number of possibilities I can come up with off the top of my head for two ships to be in Port simultaneously

From the way I read the announcement, DCL is going to have at least 2 ships in port on the same day. Not necessarily during just the winter. I can see DCL doing just say for argument's sake the fantasy doing a 7-Day Eastern followed by a 7-Day Western the following week with say for argument's sake the dream doing a Western and then an eastern both leaving on Saturday one from 8 the other from 10. There's any number of possibilities I can come up with off the top of my head for two ships to be in Port simultaneously

The second port is 100% to allow 2 ships to port on the same day. Does that mean more than 3 in winter, or just 3 year round with departures on the same day? only time will tell.

The second port is 100% to allow 2 ships to port on the same day. Does that mean more than 3 in winter, or just 3 year round with departures on the same day? only time will tell.
True. when I'm at work Tom I'll have to go back and find the ports announcement and reread it. I'd do it now but my 11 month old is in my lap and that limits my laptop ability at the moment.

True. when I'm at work Tom I'll have to go back and find the ports announcement and reread it. I'd do it now but my 11 month old is in my lap and that limits my laptop ability at the moment.

It didn’t specify that I saw when 10 would be used by Disney, but Norwegian isn’t currently using 10 on Saturdays (at least during the summer schedule this year). That’s what makes me think Disney wants the ability to port 2 ships on Saturday.

Here's my guess as to deployment once all 3 new ships are done. I base this in part on looking at what other cruise lines are doing and assuming Disney will do something similar. It seems likely that when the first new ship comes, it'll get sent to Alaska in the summer. Every cruise line is expanding their Alaska presence right now, and the fares for Alaska are quite high. Whether it goes back to the Caribbean in the winter or heads to Asia/Australia is the big question. I'm going to guess Asia/Australia, as that's a big growth area.

So all in, I'm predicting with all 7 ships operating:

- Winter: 5 ships in Caribbean/Bahamas (New2, New3 and Dream out of Port Canaveral, Magic out of Galveston, Fantasy out of Miami), 1 ship in Australia/Asia (New1), 1 ship doing West coast, Hawaii, Mexico, possibly S America (Wonder).

- Summer: 3 ships in Caribbean/Bahamas (Dream, Fantasy, New3 out of Port Canaveral), 2 ships in Alaska (Wonder out of Vancouver, New1 out of Seattle), 2 ships in Europe (Magic in N Europe, Iceland, Norway; New2 in Mediterranean).
I wonder about the Panama Canal cruise though. Those are huge sellers for DCL. Some lines do it multiple times a year. They would be nice and perhaps open up a PC option during more typical vacation times.

It didn’t specify that I saw when 10 would be used by Disney, but Norwegian isn’t currently using 10 on Saturdays (at least during the summer schedule this year). That’s what makes me think Disney wants the ability to port 2 ships on Saturday.
Still have to find the article, but its probably not something that will happen this year. Most likely at the earliest next or even later then that. Reason is that they approved a 90 study for terminal 10, and that puts us towards the end of this year. Then they come up with options, goes out to bid for say another 60 days, then a projected start date, so were not looking at anything being done until probably at the earliest middle of next year. That's not to say that Disney wont use 10 in the mean time, but on a as needed basis.
Still looking for the actual port announcement for the time line, but I did find this tidbit.

"But with Disney planning to add new ships in 2021, 2022 and 2023, Port Canaveral Chief Executive Officer John Murray told port commissioners that the port needs to be ready to host one of those new ships.

Disney's "intention, longer-term, is to add another full-time vessel to the port, home-ported," Murray told port commissioners. "So we'll have more activity than Terminal 8 can handle.""

How about a new ship from NYC in the summer with some interesting itineraries - maybe some 9 nights cruises? And more pools!!

Agreed!!! I know a lot of people who would love to cruise DCL out of NYC (it's super nice to be able to get to the port on only a $2.75 subway ride!!) but cannot do so when school is in session - which is currently the time they are here. When they could do the "cruise to nowhere" thing, the 2-nights sold out super quick because they didn't involve missing school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!