New Disney Theme Park reservation system

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
Booking Dates for Park Reservations
The Disney Park Pass system will be available soon to select Guests. Booking dates vary based on your plans.
  • Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.
Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.
If you booked a vacation package, your ticket eligibility is tied to your package travel dates. To make a park reservation for a different date, be sure to modify your vacation package dates.
If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.
https://*****-buzzy.s3.amazonaws.com/2020/06/Screen-Shot-2020-06-19-at-10.51.41-AM-1200x550.png
Want to Book a New Vacation?
By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets.
Here are a few important details to know about this new system:
  • You’ll need a My Disney Experience account, as this is where your Walt Disney World Resort plans are stored and managed.
  • You’ll also need a valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass that’s linked to your My Disney Experience account.
  • If you have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, be sure to link it to your My Disney Experience account beforehand, as well.
Once you’ve logged into your My Disney Experience account and linked your ticket, you’ll have access to a calendar of available reservation dates for each theme park. If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit. Families and friends can link their tickets together and look to arrange theme park entries at the same time.
Please note, park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability. Availability can change until the reservation is finalized. At this time, guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations. Guests with existing tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option have options available to them for ticket modifications and cancellations, and can visit DisneyWorld.com/Updates for more information. We hope to bring back the ability to visit more than one park per day soon and will continue to offer these add-ons for 2021 ticket purchases.

For Existing Ticket Holders and Annual Passholders: Beginning this week, Disney will reach out to existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders with more information on when they will be able to check availability to make their park reservations. We will open the Disney Park Pass system to these guests in phases, beginning with those with future Disney Resort and other select hotel stays. Later this summer, we will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on availability of park reservations, while we continue to provide guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates. SOUCE was a banned site WDWN T

Attachments

• 1592581914330.gif
    1592581914330.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: cm8
It does sound like they have disabled new cash reservations and ticket sales right now.

It seems to indicate that those with current tickets already will be the ones who get priority to book..and did seem to imply those wiht onsite reservations...DVC or cash.

If someone has not yet bought tickets, but has an on-site reservation, it doesn’t sound like they will be in the first round,

It said more information soon, So DVC members with reservations and tickets seem to be at least in the first phase of guests eligible to try.

There are so many variables with this. I have an August room only that is totally paid for because it is the 3rd rebook from the closures. There are Florida Resident (family) that have Florida discovery tickets linked to my MDE. We also have conference tickets ( cancelled dapper day) and Undercover purchase 4 day tickets on the system. Who knows when we will be able to reserve and keep the family trip together.

I did read no new tickets would be sold from Disney which was nice, however within a couple minutes of seeing this information 3rd party DisneyWorld tickets merchants were emailing me. This means 3rd parties like Undercover Tourist can still sell tickets that will be accepted into the limited reservation system it would appear.

We don't know any details about the new theme park reservation system, but we have to hope that it prioritizes groups differently. These groups could include:
(1) Disney onsite resort / hotel guests
(2) DVC guests staying on points
(3) DVC guests not staying onsite
(4) Annual Pass guests staying onsite
(5) Annual pass guests not staying onsite
(6) Theme park guests with tickets purchased from Disney
(7) Theme park guests purchased from a 3rd party (Undercover Tourist and others)
(8) Others I probably forgot...

Having a ticket reservation system that is simply first come first serve might sound fair, but this could lose money is sales (hotel, tickets, dvc, etc). I think they need a tiered system with a given number of days before checking to secure your theme park reservation. What are your thoughts?

They did indicate they would be offering reservations to people with existing tickets in phases so yes some people are going to be prioritized. What the groups and priority order are we don't know. I'd bet almost anything on-site guests (cash and DVC) will be first. Will they prioritize dated ticket over AP or vice versa? Those are questions yet to be answered.

My guess:
1 - First priority goes to guests with onsite reservations who have already purchased tickets, then
2 - Guests with onsite reservations, but are currently without a ticket, then
3 - Offsite guests with tickets, then
4 - Guests with annual passes, then
5 - Everyone else, first come first serve.

I'd be surprised if they make any special exception for DVC. We are already able to make reservations right now during a time when others are blocked out. DVC will be considered on site and that will probably be enough to secure a ticket.

*I can't make up my mind about 3 and 4. Who gets priority?

Last edited:

I’d say annual passes with no onsite reservation before offsite guests.

That's what I had at first, but then thought that offset guests with APs are probably local and can choose another day. But they also paid a premium for that pass, and that's a group Disney won't want to annoy. I'll leave that up to Disney to hash out.

My guess:
1 - First priority goes to guests with onsite reservations who have already purchased tickets, then
2 - Guests with onsite reservations, but are currently without a ticket, then
As we fall into your #2 guess, I sure hope this is the way it goes down. We have a split stay at DVC/Non-DVC in Nov and were waiting closer to Sept to get tickets. Guess that was a mistake now.

We are staying with rented points. I am so glad I purchased our tickets right before they upped the prices. The last couple of months I've been kicking myself for buying tickets and then this morning I was worried our tickets would be worthless. Now I'm feeling a lot better about it. I just want to know if they will honor hoppers or give us the difference in a gift card, either is fine with me.

We don't know any details about the new theme park reservation system, but we have to hope that it prioritizes groups differently. These groups could include:
(1) Disney onsite resort / hotel guests
(2) DVC guests staying on points
(3) DVC guests not staying onsite
(4) Annual Pass guests staying onsite
(5) Annual pass guests not staying onsite
(6) Theme park guests with tickets purchased from Disney
(7) Theme park guests purchased from a 3rd party (Undercover Tourist and others)
(8) Others I probably forgot...

Having a ticket reservation system that is simply first come first serve might sound fair, but this could lose money is sales (hotel, tickets, dvc, etc). I think they need a tiered system with a given number of days before checking to secure your theme park reservation. What are your thoughts?
I think a couple on you list are contradictory.

I know this hasn't been release. Would you expect that one night stay on property would cover park reservation for check in and check out date? I assume it similar to how dining plan works.

Does anyone know if one reservation will permit entry into all four parks, or will seperate reservations be needed?

Here’s our situation if anyone has any guesses. DS 8 has DVC Platinum Annual pass. I have a 3 day ticket from UT bought for a cancelled may trip till I got there and upgraded to AP. First time in 8 years I accidentally let my AP lapse outside of the renewal window. We have different exp dates.
I changed the ticket dates through Disney for upcoming June trip. Since parks will be closed maybe that will get us in for our august trip. June and august both DVC points.
I wonder if when we are there in June guest services would be open maybe in Disney Springs and would they be allowed to upgrade to the ap?
Also wondering if I should change the ticket dates now to august or would it even work online right now.
Just can’t figure out our position.

Here’s our situation if anyone has any guesses. DS 8 has DVC Platinum Annual pass. I have a 3 day ticket from UT bought for a cancelled may trip till I got there and upgraded to AP. First time in 8 years I accidentally let my AP lapse outside of the renewal window. We have different exp dates.
I changed the ticket dates through Disney for upcoming June trip. Since parks will be closed maybe that will get us in for our august trip. June and august both DVC points.
I wonder if when we are there in June guest services would be open maybe in Disney Springs and would they be allowed to upgrade to the ap?
Also wondering if I should change the ticket dates now to august or would it even work online right now.
Just can’t figure out our position.

I am not sure they are allowing any upgrades for tickets. But you could try. At least you have 3 days at this point for sure. I do wonder if they will allow an upgrade when you have register?

Does anyone know if one reservation will permit entry into all four parks, or will seperate reservations be needed?

I get the sense that they will not be doing park hopping to start. You get entry into one per day. But, that’s my read on it because that way, more people get something.

I also think that by October this will no longer be a thing and it will be back to normal!

How will they figure the extension for the AP holders if they have such a convoluted system??
Makes no sense to me.

I think AP holders will get credit for any days they can’t use the AP for at least one park. So, until there is no system..or AP holders are guaranteed they will kick can down the road.

The other idea is that they will offer refund to opening date but the extension for the registration time to encourage people to take that instead.

I get the sense that they will not be doing park hopping to start. You get entry into one per day. But, that’s my read on it because that way, more people get something.

I agree. Hopping makes it very hard to do capacity planning. Much easier to have a cap per park and that is it. Also that way anybody with a reservation is guaranteed they can get into that park. Hopping just complicates all of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter