New Entertainment Headed to Frontierland and The Golden Horseshoe at Disneyland Park

dina444444

DIS Veteran
Since opening in 1955, Frontierland has played host to a wide range of variety acts, from heroes on horseback to comedians and can-can dancers. This fall, Disneyland park guests can look forward to some new entertainment on the western front.

A strolling magician arrives in town next week, with astonishing demonstrations of sleight-of-hand and other tricks. During the fall season, this master of magic can be found on the streets of Frontierland, aboard the Mark Twain steamboat or mingling with patrons inside The Golden Horseshoe.

Following later in the fall, The Golden Horseshoe lays out the welcome mat for a pair of piano players, ready to challenge one another in a good ol’ fashioned showdown. They’ll take turns playing iconic tunes of the Old West and even take requests from the audience. Think you can stump them? You’ll have to stop in and give it your best shot!

So mosey on over to Frontierland and The Golden Horseshoe this fall and say, “Hello, everybody!” These new performers will be mighty glad to meet you!

Source

Will the dueling pianos be a show? I really enjoyed all the shows I have seen in the past. If its just music, I'm happy there is something, but hope its a show per say.

I like the idea that the magician will be more spontaneous... sometimes on the street, sometimes at the Horseshoe, sometimes on the Mark Twain.

And dueling pianos are always fun. I just hope that show runs many times throughout the day (like the review did) and not just a few limited times like... 11am, 2pm, 5pm or something.

See? Budget cuts don't last forever. That's why you guys need to stay away from the unscrupulous soap opera fanatic Micechat.
That place is the worst forum (of any genre) I have found on the web - and that's saying something!
Just a rumor machine with a mean streak.

This is a very small start to replace so many talented shows, strolling entertainment. Bring back the rest of the people. We love them. Bring back Golden Horseshoe Review! I remember seeing that for the first time as a little kid and enjoyed seeing it every time we went to Disneyland. Come on, Disney, THIS IS WHAT CREATES THE MAGIC!!

I have to be honest that, while I was sorry to hear of people losing their jobs a few weeks ago, the Laughing Stock show was not my favorite so I'm excited to see something new go in there. Dueling pianos sounds fun!

Why not put a show like Walt originally intended for the GH back into this space? Yeah I know...budget blah blah blah, but its such a waste of a great space. They need to find some new talent and put the Golden Horseshow Revue, or something like it, back in this venue. It would be very popular and probably need a fastpass or some type of reservation. The food choices here could use an upgrade as well.
All in all, the Golden Horseshoe is one of the most under-valued spaces in all of Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!