New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We loved the Express service. We were there from 6/8 - 6/15. Had no problems finding it or figuring out the times (their signs are pretty straight forward). As one couple learned the bus does adhere to the schedule. They don't wait if it is a minute past the time to leave. Two CM's told us the service will be evaluated the end of August and there are plans to change some of the locations if it continues. Our buses were semi full. One family got reprimanded for taking pictures even though there are signs that says no photos in the back areas. But otherwise everything worked great. So nice not having to go through security at every park.

We loved the Express service. We were there from 6/8 - 6/15. Had no problems finding it or figuring out the times (their signs are pretty straight forward). As one couple learned the bus does adhere to the schedule. They don't wait if it is a minute past the time to leave. Two CM's told us the service will be evaluated the end of August and there are plans to change some of the locations if it continues. Our buses were semi full. One family got reprimanded for taking pictures even though there are signs that says no photos in the back areas. But otherwise everything worked great. So nice not having to go through security at every park.
Why are there always people who think the rules don't apply to them. Sure, they mean no pictures, except for the ones you want to take. Because you are special and you can take them. Just no one else can. Always one in a bunch it seems.... those special snowflakes

Hoping it continues in September! It seems like an awesome addition and makes park hoppers worthwhile.

Currently here and 3 out 4 times that I have gone to use this service in the 2.5 days that I have been here, I've been told that it's not running! Not impressed!!!! It wasn't even raining when I went to catch the 1:10 bus from ak to dhs and told it wasn't running due to storms in the area but you can walk to the front of the park & catch the bus!. Took 1.5 hrs to transfer with regular bus and it did nothing but a light sprinkle for 5 min during that time!!!! I used the express service at xmas and loved it! But right now if I get told 1 more time it isn't running I'm going to guest relations and asking for my money back!!!!

Last edited:

I wrote a detailed letter to disney asking about the express bus. Stating of the not running in the rain, being dropped off in front of the park during rain storm, wondering if there is anything on the app saying service has been halted ( gave the example of walking from Finding Nemo show to bus, only to find it's not working) and the rumor that after closing hours you would be dropped off in front of the park.

This was the total response......

The express buses run from 10:00 AM until park closing rain or shine. If the park is closed then you would not be able to use express transportation and would need to use the regular bus transportation between parks.

So the people who couldn't ride it during a rain storm must have been dreaming.

Also little upset about the once it's closed you have to take the regular bus. During our Dec trip, disney is posting that MK is closing at 6 on 4 of the 8 days we are there.
I just wish they would run the buses during EMH...

This service was fantastic last week. We've never gotten so much use out of our hoppers. We had more FP than ever because we knew what time buses left and we skipped security. The entire time we where there, 6/6-6/15, we were mostly the only ones on the bus. One bus one time from hs to mk was half full.

Reports I've seen are all stops now have a sandwich board sign with the times posted
Ok cool. The DHS one I saw on twitter wasn't a sandwich board but was on the sunset showcase sign. I'm happy they are doing this I think it will be very helpful.

Have read pretty much this whole thread over the last months I think. At first I thought why would I pay for and use a service for buses when I can use them for free? But, now I'm definitely seeing the value in it! I do wish they ran during EMH or even went to DS, that would be great!

So, we are going Aug 5-12. I'm expecting to buy the pass for the week on Sat, Aug 5. So, here's my question. I was thinking, with Epcot closing at 9, and AK open till 10, then EMH 10-12, would we be able to watch Illuminations at 9, on the side closer to where FP section is by the walkway that connects world showcase to future world, and could we probably then make it to the express transport? That looks like it has it's last time at 9:20 for AK. That would still be before AK closes before EMH starts. Now MK also closes at 10 but at this point isn't open later than that, plus the bus leaves 9:10 so we'd totally miss the EP fireworks that way, though we could probably see HEA fireworks at 10, but that would be the end then. I think with going from there at about 9:10, we should be able to make the express transport area, right? TIA!
Oops, guess HEA is at 9 pm, not 10, so there goes that.

Last edited:
So, here's my question. I was thinking, with Epcot closing at 9, and AK open till 10, then EMH 10-12, would we be able to watch Illuminations at 9, on the side closer to where FP section is by the walkway that connects world showcase to future world, and could we probably then make it to the express transport? That looks like it has it's last time at 9:20 for AK

If you wait until the very end of Illuminations, I don't think you'll make the 9:20 even from that vantage point. The bus will LEAVE at 9:20. You would need to be to the check-in no later than 9:15 which is when Illuminations will be ending.

Thx! Hmm, yes, I guess you are right, just trying to stretch it I guess, lol. I like Illuminations, but not my fave, and not sure DD26 will want to leave early or not, so I'll have to see what she thinks. We go every year, but don't time things out. How long should it take to get to the bus from that area?

Thx! Hmm, yes, I guess you are right, just trying to stretch it I guess, lol. I like Illuminations, but not my fave, and not sure DD26 will want to leave early or not, so I'll have to see what she thinks. We go every year, but don't time things out. How long should it take to get to the bus from that area?

As long as there aren't a lot of people in the area trying to exit with you, at a normal pace, I'd say 4-5 minutes.

Okay, cool, that sounds good. We go every year, but never watched the fireworks from anywhere but around world showcase somewhere. Can you see them from down the way closer to future world?
Also, do they board you right at that 5 min pre-boarding check-in time?

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it in the thread, but are there set times every day for the bus runs? We will be there 8/14-8/18, and are park hoppers. I'm thinking it would be an awesome way / use for "2 park" days, especially with MH.

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but are there set times every day for the bus runs? We will be there 8/14-8/18, and are park hoppers. I'm thinking it would be an awesome way / use for "2 park" days, especially with MH.

The schedule is posted on the first post of this thread.

So like say we are leaving AK which closes at 10:00 and want to make it to MK before it closes at 10:00 with EMH starting at 10:00 what time should we get to the express bus? It really is a pain that they wont run during EMH.

Okay, cool, that sounds good. We go every year, but never watched the fireworks from anywhere but around world showcase somewhere. Can you see them from down the way closer to future world?
Also, do they board you right at that 5 min pre-boarding check-in time?

We watched from there one year and it's "okay," but not quite as immersive as being around the lagoon. As to the boarding time, we haven't used it yet, I've just kept up with the info on this thread for when we do. @AngiTN , can you help with the boarding procedure please?

So like say we are leaving AK which closes at 10:00 and want to make it to MK before it closes at 10:00 with EMH starting at 10:00 what time should we get to the express bus? It really is a pain that they wont run during EMH.

You'll have to be at MK BEFORE 10:00, so check the schedule on the first page of this thread to see which bus you'll need to catch from AK. You won't be able to stay until closing of AK and still use the Express to MK. If you want to stay until closing, just use the regular bus to MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter