New Garden

marlasmom

DIS Veteran
In ONE WEEK we are going to Cleveland to see my younger daughter's new house. My son and DIL are coming from NH with their two children and my older daughter and grandson are coming also from NH where she has been a camp nurse for the summer. She will return to Florida, we are going to Wisconsin to see my oldest friend - (we have been friends for 50 years - imagine) and then maybe to Columbia, Missouri where DH went to college and then maybe New Orleans before coming home along the coast. First time I have had all my kids and grandkids under one roof in a year. I CANNOT WAIT.

Anyway my son, who is a terrific gardener, much better than his mother (but he has muscle) is selling his house. He has dug up many many plants (most of which he says came from my garden) to plant at Sarah's new house. I am so thrilled that she will be able to continue my garden that way. He has iris, peonies, daylilies, all sorts of stuff. When I see what is there I will order more peonies (Gilbert H. Wild if I haven't recommended them before) and other stuff. Did I mention I can't wait??????

The people who bought our house (they loved the garden they said) have let it go to hell so I am doubly glad that at least some plants will survive at Sarah's and at my former neighbors'.

That's really awesome. I'm so sentimental so my favorite plants are the ones that have come from someone or have a special name.

Have a wonderful time with your family.

Oh wow! That sounds exciting - both garden-wise and family-wise! What a trip! Have a great time and take plenty of photos! Who knows when all of you will be able to get together again.

(We took three cameras to the family reunion/wedding in Omaha and I am so glad we did. I have some great shots, especially one of my mom sitting down in front of all of her children. We are standing behind her, in age order, each holding (tablecard) numbers of our birth order. Ex. I am holding the number 5 because I was the fifth child out of seven.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter