New Guest Laundry Equipment at Resorts?

Do you do laundry while visiting Disney World?

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

AmyK1980

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!! I hope your days have been magical! :-)

Has anyone stayed at the resorts very recently and done laundry at the guest laundry facilities? Specifically at the All-Star Movies resort (or probably any All-Star resort since they tend to treat them all the same)?

I read awhile back that they were replacing all of the laundry equipment at the resorts (All-Stars included) this spring so they were faster and more efficient, and so you could use credit cards with them instead of messing with change (major hassle!). I was wondering if anyone could confirm they have all been updated? TIA!!

Holy cow!! Awesome! Thank you so much! We always need to do laundry once while we are there each time. If I tried to bring enough clothes for everyone for 2 weeks I would need 4 huge bags! They desperately needed to do this!

Oh I love the website! That is much better than carrying your clothes all the way down there to see that the machines are full!

I can't remember it has been way too long since I have done laundry there. I went to walmart yesterday and bought the detergent pods that are already in a resealable bag for the trip. The pack came with 5 and it was only $2. The perfect size to pack away in the suitcase.

I used the laundry facility last week at AKL Jambo house and was very impressed. They have a vending machine with detergent and bounce fabric softener sheets (CC swipe payment), and an automated payment and machine selection center mounted on the wall. You swipe your CC and choose a machine. There is a QR scanner on the wall that allows you to see how much time is left on your load, and you can even set up a text alert to notify you when the cycle is done. I *think* most of the Disney resorts have this same system because you have to initially choose from a list of resorts after scanning the QR code and I saw many of the resort names listed (including some of the AS resorts).

Where exactly are the laundry rooms located? I know one is on the 1st floor near Simba's clubhouse, but I've read conflicting information on whether the other is on the first floor or fifth floor.

Thanks!

The new system is awesome. We used it this summer at BWI. I brought my own laundry pods in a ziplock bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter