New Live Show @ Studios: The Bourne Stuntacular - Now Open

I tired to see the show yesterday at 4:30 and it was canceled. They said they weren't sure if the 5:15 show was gonna happen either. I was not happy as it was very hot out and I went all the way back to Universal from RPR just for that show. I heard that they've had several injuries already and was wondering if anyone had heard more regarding that. :confused3

We saw this on Tuesday and it was awesome. None of us knew anything about the Bourne movies and we still really enjoyed it. My 11 YO DS was especially impressed.

I saw it today. I read some of the Bourne books a long time ago and watched the first movie, but don't remember much of it. There wasn't much plot to the show and I couldn't quite follow what plot there was. I found the show to be too stunt heavy. Without a plot to support the stunts, I found it boring to watch people pretend to beat each other up for twenty minutes. The screen is very impressive, as is the incorporation of physical things with the screen background. However, for me it was too much visually. The point of view changes nearly constantly, and not just a simple scroll most of the time. It frequently goes quite fast, and in multiple directions. I'm not bothered by the visuals on 3/4D rides but this bothered me. I had to close my eyes at one point. Just a heads up for those who are sensitive to fast moving images.

I just saw the show and was very impressed. Ive seen all the big shows in Vegas and this was on par with most of them. I felt like i was watching a movie live, very cool! They do cancel shows frequently but dont give up, its worth the wait!

Good to hear you enjoyed it Crystalbell......there have been a few negative reviews but they do seem to be getting better.....

Thanks for reporting back.......:thumbsup2

I saw the show last Saturday and thought it was great, as did my 17-yr old son. The combination of live action, set pieces and imagery is very innovative. We actually thought the different perspective changes made it seem more like a video game than a movie, which was really cool. Even though you are stationary in a big auditorium, the movement and imagery tricks your brain into thinking you're the one that's moving, like when you are stopped at a red light and the car next to you moves, making you feel like you're going backwards.

I can certainly see how folks who are sensitive to these effects wouldn't enjoy the show, however.

JW

I saw the show for the first time a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The choreography between the screen and set pieces was something I hadn't seen before and really pumped up the cool factor of the show. And while most of the actors had to wear masks- the masks really fit in with the costumes and added a nice effect. I can't wait to go see it again soon.

Caught the 4:15 show today. Found the holding area weird, but the AC felt good. We really enjoyed the show. I'd like to see it again before we leave. Sure I missed some things the first time.

Been awhile since someone posted on here, but I'll add my comment on here. If you want to see things up close, see how things work, or see a different perspective the front is the way to go, especially if you're off to the side. However, if you do not want the "magic ruined", or things to be less obvious and more of a wow factor it's definitely best to sit in the back.

When I first did the show I was not only very much in the front, but off to the side, so I saw a lot of pieces moving into place, however, at the same time I got to see the action more up close and certain moves and actions looked really cool from that perspective. I really like behind the scenes stuff so I personally liked it. The show stopped even at one point (due to technical difficulties) and person who talks to you in the beginning even pointed out an Easter egg for us that was on the screen currently. However, I just watched the show again today (I think it's my third time now) and I was more in the back and dead in the middle. And it was great, but in retrospect I feel if someone truly wants the best experience they need to sit in the back. However, what I mean by that is as their first time. Because while it was cool seeing it the first time I think regardless of the interruption I feel I would be more astonished if I were in the back as things would not be as obvious and would blend in more.

I feel after you see it once it doesn't matter where you sit, you kind of have an idea maybe after the fact of what is happening and how things are done even if you're in the back after the show is done and finished. And while it's always good to see everything from a distance so you catch it all, especially at a show like this, I feel it's very crucial to catch it from the very back as a first timer.

Unfortunately we cannot pick out seating and as I said it's not the end of the world if you're in the front. However, for those who plan to not see it for awhile once things "come back to normal" what I recommend is that you hang out off to the side while everyone is piling into the seats and once it seems a row in the back would will up about half way then enter the row. This is something I used to do regularly in order to ensure I got the middle seat, as no matter how much you want to try to sit in the middle, the TMs are going to keep pushing and asking you to move down.

We saw it this past week. Although the choreography between the sets and video screen was impressive, we considered this one and done, definitely not a must do each trip. They did have to temporarily halt the show as one of the set pieces didn’t come out to match the video scene.

However, for me it was too much visually. The point of view changes nearly constantly, and not just a simple scroll most of the time. It frequently goes quite fast, and in multiple directions. I'm not bothered by the visuals on 3/4D rides but this bothered me. I had to close my eyes at one point. Just a heads up for those who are sensitive to fast moving images.

Thank you so much for letting me know. One of the Jason Bourne movies had so many rapid cuts/edits, they gave me a headache. It is wonderful to know far in advance that this may cause the same issue. I'll know to skip it on my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!