New Magic Bands upgrades available from solid colors!

Yup there were 51 options this morning and now there are 39 AND I can’t purchase my 2nd choices now either!! (Deep Cleansing Breath):faint:
I sympathize, the castle one I wanted is now gone. Annoying, but part of my therapy is whining about this on all 3 threads that I follow regarding it :laughing:. I did get the ones we wanted for our resort stay, though, so it isn't all bad news for me, I just would have preferred that one if I had known I was only getting one of my top choices.

I'm just going to hold out. I've got 5 people in my family and I'm willing to spend the $50 to get the bands we want. If not, I'll save the $50 and take free solid colors. This is frustrating because the one my younger son really wants (McQueen) isn't included and now the one my older son wants that was included (Pirates of the Caribbean) appears to be sold out.

Not only are a bunch gone but in the midst of my order it seems the system went down again as it doesn't even bring them up when I go in now.

Only 8 solid color options available now... Well planned out and executed by Disney.

Yeah, only the original solid colors and yellow are available now. Glad I got my order in last night for the first leg of our split stay. Keeping the second stay open just in case better stuff pops up in the future.

Update: I was just playing around with the site and was able to pull up premium bands using the theming selections (same selection as before with some missing). Not sure if they will cause an error at checkout but worth a try.

Last edited:

I received the following direct message from WDWToday on Twitter in response from my tweet:

“Hi there, Jeff! We apologize for any inconvenience. We are currently experiencing technical challenges. Rest assured, the appropriate teams are working on a resolution at this time. We appreciate your patience.”

I was able to order upgraded bands just now. I really wanted the Dole Whip or Snacks option, but they are gone. I ended up with the Minnie Bows and Dots, not my favorite but it's still cute. My 16 year old DD was happy. She wanted Captain Marvel, and it was still an option.

What bands are sold out?? I can’t seem to see them anymore on the site.
You would think that as soon as one band sold out they would have another option to take its place. There are so many Disney characters that they should have 100’s of options to pick from. They should have been better prepared.

Lol, just checked again and you are right! Either Disney IT has messed up again, or they've sold out of every premium band already!
Which do you think is the correct answer? ;)

I hope the backlash once people start getting gray generic bands is immense. Clearing out selections people have already made is inexcusable. Many people will assume they've already picked, it's done and forget about it...until they receive all gray bands in the mail.

I hope the backlash once people start getting gray generic bands is immense. Clearing out selections people have already made is inexcusable. Many people will assume they've already picked, it's done and forget about it...until they receive all gray bands in the mail.
Mine can't be mailed it goes to the resort. So if I show up and I see a grey band I may not be that understanding.

I wasn’t able to find out what my mother and sister wanted as their bands until today, but now, they are both gone. Mine is still there, but it does me know good since theirs are not. I’m hoping that either the ones they wanted are restocked or some new ones they like are added. Luckily, we have plenty of time to choose our bands, but I’m still annoyed.

Disney IT never screws up! :rotfl2::badpc:

Just checked again and premium options are showing up again, but now they've decreased to only 17 choices. Come on Disney, you've got to do better than that if you want me to pull out my wallet!

This is horrible, I was in the midst of the order before, it went down. Now that the system works again, half of the remaining bands are gone. I then try to select ones that show and even they aren't working, or they are sold out and the system becomes useless when that happens.

Update: I have selected all 4 magic bands and hit proceed to checkout and of course it says unable to complete request. Disney get your act together. Don't release something until you are capable of actually fulfilling it. 2 days later I still can't order the bloody bands.

Last edited:
I am sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering if you haven't finish paying on your reservation do the upgrade magic bands get added to your reservation payment or do you have to pay at time you add them to your reservation?

I am sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering if you haven't finish paying on your reservation do the upgrade magic bands get added to your reservation payment or do you have to pay at time you add them to your reservation?
You pay for the upgraded MBs by Credit Card at the time you order them. If you cancel the room, they will charge you an additional $14.99 per MB since the upgrade can't be cancelled.

Makes no sense that even the selection of solid color magic bands are down to 4. If anything, they should have a surplus of them with guests now opting for the upgrades.

This roll out is a mess in many ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts