New Marriott Residence Inn????

DebraK

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We are in the planning stages of a WDW vaction. Has any stayed at the New Marriott Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista North? It looks very nice and the suite type room really appeals to us. If any has as any info. on this new hotel please let me know. Thanks,Debbie-Indiana

Hi, we have ressies here for Nov. and there have been a few posts about this hotel in the past month or so.

So far I haven't heard of anyone who has stayed there since it just opened in mid May.

You might do a search on it and see what you come up with.

I know they have a free full breakfast and are located very close to the DD area over in LBV. I believe right by the Embassy Suites.

DebraK,

Look up an old post done by me about 3wks ago. One of the Dis'ers that has stayed there gave me a good description of the place. It sounds great, and its themed after the Carribean! My Dh and I usually stay on-site, but my folks are coming with us and they have a little dog, so its off-site for us. This dog is really old(15yo chihuahua), so it cant stay in a kennel. We decided to find the nicest place that we could that allowed pets. This hotel just opened, and its pretty close to the parks. We trust the Marriott name, and are looking forward to staying somewhere new. :)

Fiver

Hi,I appreciate the replies about this new hotel. Ii have called to check rates and they are high and wont budge.I am looking to 2002 for rates. I may need to wait til it gets into the new year. But I could get a good rate at HIFS for already . But I would rather stay at the new Residence Inn. Any codes are discounts any one?
Thanks.Debbie-Indiana

I don't know if you qualify for a government rate, but we booked a one-bedroom for $86 in July thru their website www.residenceinn.com. Also, orlandodiscountrooms.com
highlights this hotel with a rate of $89+ but I don't know when you can receive this rate. When I checked dates for July, it was considerably more.

We stayed at the new Residence Inn on the 8th of this month for one night so that we could check the hotel out. We Loved this place for their beds. They have the best beds ever of any place we have ever stayed and we usually stay in the Deluxe hotels. You can not go wrong if you are looking for a great bed. The hotel itself is great. It is tough to actually get to the actual hotel as there were no signs directing you and the roads that look like they lead you there take you to the wrong place. The breakfast was really good, they had a great selection of breakfast items and fruit. Our next trip we will probably book it at this location.

RugratsMom, how was the pool, landscaping and themeing of this hotel? I've heard it is supposed to have a Caribbean theme and, altho it probably isn't as elaborate as Disney themeing, I was wondering how it compares to Disney hotels in that regard. Also, how close is it to Downtown Disney? Thanks in advance!:D

crusoe2, I didn't see the pool myself as we got there after midnight and left early the next morning to spend at MK and then checked into the AKL, but my DD said it was a pretty good pool. She said that while she only saw it from a distance it seemed to be quiet large. I was disappointed as I too had heard of the themeing and neither I nor my DH was impressed with any themeing. It was painted in cool pastels but that was pretty much it. The hotel lobby seemed bare as though there was stuff planned to decorate with but it hadn't arrived yet. There was no written material available when we were there to discuss what the hotel had to offer. I think that it is still so new that they are still "decorating". I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to stay there again but I wouldn't go hoping for a Disney type hotel either. It is very close to downtown Disney as in behind the Goodings as far as you can go. It would be a pretty good hike over but it could be done just don't try it after wallking all day at the park. We had the largest suite available which had 2 bedrooms. In each room there were 2 queen beds and then a queen sleeper sofa in another room. It is a great place especially when you need room to spread out. Our kids love the ability to be able to watch their tv shows and with 3 tvs they each had a tv to theirself.

Hi
Thanks for the review. I just love new hotels.I am going to keep out a close eye and watch for a good rate for 2002.I know I will hear about it on the "DIS"!
How I ever got a trip to WDW planned before I found this site I will never know. Debbie-Indiana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter