New member~honeymoon

LittleBell

Earning My Ears
I am going on my honeymoon soon and was wondering what would be good things to do for a first timer to Disneyworld. Yes, I have never been there. Am very excited! My fiance has been there.

Any ideas would be great. We have bought books and looked extensively about Disney. I would like small, unique ideas to do while I am there.

:cool:

#1, most important, BUY the Bride and groom ears and wear them.

#2, This is your honeymoon you should relax and not tie yourself to a schedule

#3, A lot depends on the hotel where you are staying, WE can help a lot more if you let us know that.

#4, Getting to the Hotel: Take a Taxi or set up a town car from the airport. My experience is that the taxi break even point is 2 1/2 people, but when you are not going to one of the Big Disney Hotels you can wait over an hour for a Meirs shuttle.

#5, Park-hopper passes: are available from your hotel-Buy one of the plus passes that include the water parks and Downtown Disney. (this is a no-brainer, especially if you want to spend more than one night at Downtown Disney and hit a water park!)

#6, Dining: If you are on the monorail it is easy to go to other resorts on it, here are a few ideas, and remember the phone number 407-WDW-DINE.....The Most Romantic place is Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridean (Jacket Required). Other fun places: The Louau at the Polynesian, The California Grill at the contemporary. I also Like Ohana's at the Polynesian. Inside the parks MGM has their Dinner and fantasmic package where you get priority seating at Fantasmic (a must see). I like the Retro-Diner there, Hate the Sci-Fi diner (good concept, lousy food). At Epcot I like the Garden Grill in "The Land"; they have a simple salad that I love, and all of the vegies are grown on property!. I like to wander around World Showcase (part of Epcot) and select a restaraunt that I am in the mood for; you are on your honeymoon and too much planning adds stress. Magic Kingdom I like the Liberty Tree Tavern, and of course Cinderella's Royal Table. AK doesn't really have anything of note, it is mosty junk food there. There is a Rain Forest Cafe at the entrance.

#7, Rides: I will limit this greatly, I could go on for pages...
Magic Kingdom: Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Buzz Lightyear.
Epcot: Journey into Your Imagination, Test Track
MGM: Tower of Terror, Rock-n-RollerCoaster, The Great Movie Ride
Animal Kingdom: Kilamenjaro Safari (Best First Thing in the morning), Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl (AKA Mousetrap)
#8, Shows/parades: There are so many,
Magic Kingdom: Spectromagic and Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks...
Epcot: The Making of me (not really that great, but apropriate for a honeymoon), Illuminations.
MGM: MuppetVision 3-D, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic,
Animal Kingdom: Tarzan Rock, Lion King

As far a strategies go, there is a whole forum dedicated to that here. Tuesdays are generally the best for Magic Kingdom to me, and mornings for Animal Kingdoms. If your hotel offers Early Entry, Use it.... Also "E-Nights" are worth it.

Again, I would temper everything that I have just written with the fact that this is your honeymoon, so you really don't want to be on any kind of a rigid schedule. I would plan 1 or 2 things at most a day.

Also remember, you will be back.............
(Think DVC :))
:bounce:
Have Fun!!!!

We are staying at the Coronado Springs. We are doing the breakfast with Goofy, I think at Magic Kingdom. My fiance knows a lot, so I put faith in him. But I have heard about the Butterfly Graden? Would like to go to that.

:p

Littlebell

I think your fiance will do a great job of planning, He is probably as I type this trying to find more fun things for you folks to do.

Just remember to relax and have the time of your life!

Shawn :jester:

How about watching Illuminations at EPCOT. DH and I did that on our anniversary it was quite nice. It rained for about 20 minutes right up until it was time for Illuminations to start.

Spend some time in Downtown Disney...Westside and the Marketplace. Try doing that at night, it just has a different feel to it.

Also do Fantasia!, it's a don't miss when you're at Disney. That was one of my DH's favorite shows while we were there.

If I think of anything else, I'll get back to you. ;)

Originally posted by mulgar
Littlebell

I think your fiance will do a great job of planning, He is probably as I type this trying to find more fun things for you folks to do.

Just remember to relax and have the time of your life!

Shawn :jester:

lol. Littlebell, your fiance has done A LOT of planning so all should go well!! You two relax and have a great honeymoon! Congrats to both of you!

The only way to do a honeymoon is allowing fiance to plan it!! Afterall, bride is most likely busy planning wedding!! I asked DH to surprise me with our honeymoon. I just wanted to know what kind of clothes to bring. Worked beautifully!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter