New members!

wehavesix

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. My family is just back from a 4 night DCL cruise and vists to all the WDW parks. This was a first trip for all except my DH who went to WDW once many years ago. Back in Feb. of this year we began investigating DVC but were not sure if we should join. Since we hadn't been to WDW, we were unsure of how much we would enjoy it and if it would be something we would want to do over and over again. Well, once we got there and experienced the great parks and the awesome service, food, and entertainment on the Wonder, we were sold. We joined SSR Saturday afternoon! We've been playing with our points and checking out the many different options for our next trip to the World next year. I'm barely home and already we are planning. Is this some kind of sickness? :lmao:

Welcome Home! Congratulations on your new membership.
It is nice to hear that your first impressions of the parks and ship were so positive.
If you have not stayed at SSR, your home resort, you are in for a treat. I own at SSR and love it.
I have stayed at OKW and VWL, both are wonderful resorts. I hope to experience the other DVCs as time passes.
Do not worry about the “sickness”. You have years of planning and enjoying trips to Disney.

Welcome home!

Yes, DVC membership can turn into an obsession. I've found myself spending hours planning vacations, adding-on points, and surfing the various DVC forums. And I just joined in May! I used to use all those hours for something, but I can't quite recall anymore...

Is this some kind of sickness?

Yes, indeed it is a sickness! :sick:

The first symptom is the euphoria of being a DVC owner. :cloud9:

But this is shortly followed by the obsession stage, where you may find yourself:
Frequenting internet forums dedicated to DVC. :surfweb:
Constantly pouring over point charts for the various DVC resorts. :teacher:
Planning not only your next DVC vacation, but your next 3-4 vacations! :hourglass

Then comes the despression stage, where you wonder why you didn't buy more points? :mad: And you begin to ask why things like work and school should get in the way of your Disney Vacation. :confused:

This moves into full-blown "addonitis". It may start as just a small addon contract at AKL or VWL :guilty: but quickly may move into wanting to accumulate contracts at ALL the DVC resorts, so as not to miss out on any 11-month booking window! :headache:

At this point, there is no hope for you. :eek:

But then, there will be lots of joy! :love:

So just go with it, and have fun. And, Welcome Home! :welcome:

welcome home. :banana:
Yes it is a sickness.:sick:
Im not even a mamber yet, will be by september I will be buying in to SSR:hourglass time is just passing so slow.
Im taking a trip in NOV to DL im gona stay one the points and stay at DL resort.:cheer2:
All i can do is go over these boards over and over, look over the points and what i can do:surfweb:

Next year dec 27th takeeing a cruise (newyears one) then gona stay at animal kingdom villa.:santa: princess:
Then 2011 planing maybe to take my mom dad and sis (sis be 21) so might do that. :wizard:
There is so much that can be done with it im already planing to add on amv next year. lol

:cheer2: CONGRATULATIONS & WELCOME HOME! :cheer2:

Be prepared for the dreaded Disney disease! We purchased 230 points 10 years ago, and within a year added another 150 because it "wasn't enough". Bear in mind, we are empty nesters, so just two of us....:eek: Okay, so now 10 years later, we just added on again at AKV to have home resort priveledges there. Yep...definitely a disease!

Glad to know that I am normal! Thought that I was the only one spending untold hours on websites, studying point charts, planning our ADRs etc. etc. etc. Bought Hilton Head thru resale, then bought SSR direct and am now looking to add AKV. It seems to be a full blown addiction!!! Yea!!

Welcome home SSR neighbor. Heck I added on points before we even stayed at DVC the first time....sick sick sick :rotfl:

Welcome home! There are good directions on the boards how to add to your sig. If I can do it, anyone can. Our first trip home is on June 22 :-)

Yes, indeed it is a sickness! :sick:

The first symptom...

I shared your message with my wife, and she laughed hysterically and said you had described me perfectly.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this "sickness".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter