New neighbor construction update w/photos

They have already cleared and are beginning to fill in the area where the new barn is going. It is directly across the street from the old barn. Just think if you were standing on the old sidewalk to the Lodge and looked left towards the CG it goes to just past the old train tracks near the back of the 700 loop and if you look right it goes all the way to the back road that goes to group camping. The trees have all been taken down around what was River Country and you can see the Lodge and Bay Lake towers if you are at the barn and look that way especially now since the BYBBG is gone
I am hoping that they are going to leave some of the trees between the outside of the 700 loop. It's hard to tell just how close the barn will be to 700 but appears pretty close by looking at the site plans. I wouldn't mind looking through some trees/vegetation and seeing the horses grazing in their paddocks. As you can see I am trying to stay positive since there is no stopping this thing. I think the part that bothers me the most about this resort is the potential changes to the settlement area and Clementine's beach.

I am hoping that they are going to leave some of the trees between the outside of the 700 loop. It's hard to tell just how close the barn will be to 700 but appears pretty close by looking at the site plans. I wouldn't mind looking through some trees/vegetation and seeing the horses grazing in their paddocks. As you can see I am trying to stay positive since there is no stopping this thing. I think the part that bothers me the most about this resort is the potential changes to the settlement area and Clementine's beach.
I walked the area several weeks ago and there was a good tree buffer between 700 and cleared area. Lots of brush and trees up too and past the old railroad tracks. Maybe 50 yards worth it more.

I'm trying, in all of this, to trust in Disney's capacity to create an environment that isn't entirely there. When you look at satellite imagery of the Disney World campus, or take backstage tours, you quickly realize the remarkable capacity they have to create a visual and experiential environment that is far different than the structural realities behind it all. I have no doubt that Disney could do all of this development and take very little away from the atmosphere we love at the Fort. Where I waiver is whether or not they will care enough about it to do so. Only time will tell, but I'm resting my hope in the confidence of what I know they CAN do, and finding my worries in the question of whether or not they actually WILL.

In one of my FB groups, someone posting is there right now and has shared a bunch of pics. Apparently the new beach area, to the right of the dock is very large and has an awesome view of the fireworks.

He also said that a boat captain told them that Reflections & FW will share a "water feature/park" that will be named, River Country. Another person posted a pic that looks like a lazy river in the plans. That would be awesome, IMO.

I'm happy to share the FB group name/links, but didn't want to break a rule here.

In one of my FB groups, someone posting is there right now and has shared a bunch of pics. Apparently the new beach area, to the right of the dock is very large and has an awesome view of the fireworks.

He also said that a boat captain told them that Reflections & FW will share a "water feature/park" that will be named, River Country. Another person posted a pic that looks like a lazy river in the plans. That would be awesome, IMO.

I'm happy to share the FB group name/links, but didn't want to break a rule here.

I don’t know why a boat captain would know that.

If that’s the case, FW absolutely deserves to share it. However, I’m not going to hold my breath :(

I was talking to a Fort Concierge this past week and she made me feel a whole lot better about all the construction/destruction taking place at The Fort. She said to remember Disney's objective is to "delight and surprise" and she was confident, with that glowing Disney smile, that Fort Campers will be very pleased with the outcome. She came across honest, truthful and once again filled my heart with Disney wonder and delight.

I hope she is right although I would be suspicious of her objectivity. :) Its not like she is a bus driver :stir:

I was talking to a Fort Concierge this past week and she made me feel a whole lot better about all the construction/destruction taking place at The Fort. She said to remember Disney's objective is to "delight and surprise" and she was confident, with that glowing Disney smile, that Fort Campers will be very pleased with the outcome. She came across honest, truthful and once again filled my heart with Disney wonder and delight.

Guess we all could use some pixiedust:

...I'm resting my hope in the confidence of what I know they CAN do, and finding my worries in the question of whether or not they actually WILL.

::yes::::yes:: Agree with this. So, fingers crossed!

Potentially, that sounds great! :thumbsup2 Long live River Country! :D

I was talking to a Fort Concierge this past week and she made me feel a whole lot better about all the construction/destruction taking place at The Fort. She said to remember Disney's objective is to "delight and surprise" and she was confident, with that glowing Disney smile, that Fort Campers will be very pleased with the outcome...

I really hope so. :thumbsup2 (Now, if only they'd have some dog-free cabin loops again.)

It sounds like the construction has begun so I guess we all will soon see just what happenes. Me personally I don't have a good feeling about any of it. We love the Fort just like it is................

DW and I are taking a self prescribed Chill Pill and will soon be enjoying the decompression atmosphere of FW even with the ongoing construction that's taking place. Change is inevitable and there has been plenty since our first stay almost 40 years ago, sooooo ---- we will simply go with the flow and be happy when the jacks go down, the slides go out, the hook-ups are hooked-up and the chill'n begins. After all is said and done, A stay at FW is still better than a day _________ . (fill in the blank)

Interesting pics. Is there a firm answer on transportation? Looking at the excavation work they've done, I don't see a ready-made location for an additional dock. It could clearly be added later, but I don't see groundwork in place for dock access anywhere in that photo. I'd really hate to see boat transportation shared!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!