New Neighbors

We were just there for the 4th and watched the fireworks from the "new" beach. It was a great show!

From my understanding, the "new" beach is really the "Original" beach--before it was moved to the left of the dock.
I really liked the "new" beach. It offers great views of the fireworks like you said.

View attachment 419118

I'm thinking more like the "New Sand Area" because BEACH to me implies water's edge with toes in the sand not distanced by stanchions, rope, rock and bulkhead.

I wonder if some of you are still going to be this "happy" with the new beach when you get to look over/ around the Reflections construction and new bungalows in between Ft Wilderness and the fireworks.:sad2:

The Bungalows are slated to go in at Clementine's Beach, so yes, it is quite likely they will obstruct the view.

".... quite likely....." is actually quite wrong.

serenitygr nailed it. A simple look at the map is proof.

Here is a picture of the Fort beach area on the lower right and the MK area at upper left. I circled the bungalow beach area in yellow. There are two red lines: one near the Boat Rental building and stretched to the Castle in MK (the lower fireworks come from inside the park). Then the red line further from the dock stretched into the environment which is where the high fireworks (majority of them and the really good ones) which is well behind the MK public areas. Thus anywhere between the red lines is line of sight from the new FW beach towards the MK fireworks. The yellow circle would have to be between the red lines to obstruct the view.

FW Beach New View of Fireworks.png

What has me excited is that the upper/right most red line clears Discovery Island so it will no longer be a visual roadblock to the launch of the big stuff. Visually, the new beach might be an improvement for the fireworks. And if they pump in the music to the new location, so much the better.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
".... quite likely....." is actually quite wrong.

serenitygr nailed it. A simple look at the map is proof.

Here is a picture of the Fort beach area on the lower right and the MK area at upper left. I circled the bungalow beach area in yellow. There are two red lines: one near the Boat Rental building and stretched to the Castle in MK (the lower fireworks come from inside the park). Then the red line further from the dock stretched into the environment which is where the high fireworks (majority of them and the really good ones) which is well behind the MK public areas. Thus anywhere between the red lines is line of sight from the new FW beach towards the MK fireworks. The yellow circle would have to be between the red lines to obstruct the view.

View attachment 419243

What has me excited is that the upper/right most red line clears Discovery Island so it will no longer be a visual roadblock to the launch of the big stuff. Visually, the new beach might be an improvement for the fireworks. And if they pump in the music to the new location, so much the better.

Bama Ed
Thanks Bama Ed! That’s exactly what I thought- and the map helps visualize it. My thought is I’d rather be at this area for fireworks than the old area- we, in fact, have gone down there in previous years to do just that- got the prettiest picture ever of Space Mountain from that spot... and maybe now the bugs will be gone as well!

Ed beat me to it. Moving the sandy area back where it originally was is nothing but an improvement. I don't see any reason why the music wouldn't be moved over. They already have it on the other side.

As for the "terrible" view of the Reflections buildings, The boat dock should block some of that view. I can also choose to look out over the water and watch the fireworks, EWP or anything else. If I want to obsess over the new place, I can turn my chair around and fixate on it. But where's the fun in that? Besides, I would look wierder than usual staring at buildings when everyone else is watching fireworks.

j

I'm very happy to see this. When we did the Segway tour around The Fort, that is just about where we stopped for a photo op.
Very clear view of Space Mountain, hence clear view of fireworks.

Thanks Bama Ed! That’s exactly what I thought- and the map helps visualize it.

serenitygr,

I am of a certain age that I believe it's wise to initially defer to a woman's intuition.

(then research the facts to know what's what).

DW has trained me - rarely I offer a fact-based position that differs from hers :duck:. After doing the research that is.

But she is right more often than not (after doing the research). So it works out for both of us. :love2:

Certainly in this case, you were right.

Bama Ed

The Bungalows are slated to go in at Clementine's Beach, so yes, it is quite likely they will obstruct the view.

As I typed earlier, the new beach actually is completely unobstructed view of castle. Not even Discovery Island blocks the view and it is WAAAAYYYY further out than the proposed bungalows. I've watched them from there several times.

View from that location during day from prior trip: That scope of trees in front of Bay Lake Tower is Discovery Island, typically the fireworks are actually pretty far behind the castle so actually are going off about where the picture ends on the right.

IMG_6959.JPG

So, the only thing the bungalows are going to obstruct is Reflections itself...which...is actually a good thing! Hot Dang! I finally found something positive in all this! Thanks Skyp!

Last edited:
I'm thinking more like the "New Sand Area" because BEACH to me implies water's edge with toes in the sand not distanced by stanchions, rope, rock and bulkhead.

Being of a certain age 😜 we can remember when this new area 'was' a real beach! The lake water was great, not toxic as they say it is now, and our children loved it. Never heard of any alligators being anywhere near, never saw any, but who knows?? We were not out there near dusk.

The only thing that might mar the fireworks viewing from this area is Tron. It won't block the fireworks themselves, but the canopy being lit and dynamics of the lighting might be a slight distraction to some (not me).

Clementine's Beach and Backyard BBQ were two of our favs. Chances they bring BYBBQ back once all construction is done?

Clementine's Beach and Backyard BBQ were two of our favs. Chances they bring BYBBQ back once all construction is done?
Maybe. The main problem now is "space".

Ft Wilderness will no longer be surrounded by trees and forest/green space when Reflections is finished; there will be more of a Hotel Row kind of feel. When you sit on a rocking chair at Trail's End, instead of looking at the lake, you'll see Clementine's Beach and Bungalow's that belong to the hotel next door.

Some say the new views and changes will be great. Perhaps. Time will tell. Still, I can't help but mourn my losses a little. I will miss my morning nature walks to the Lodge. I will be sad to see buildings in every direction; instead of Ft Wilderness being tucked away in the woods/"wilderness". I will miss seeing the BBQ and Barn in the spots where they belong in my mind's eye. I'm sad that I can no longer hope the River Country might be restored. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Oh well, I guess that's progress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!