New Neighbors

Hay Bama Ed, when I first read your earlier post with you on the porch the Alamo was the first thing I thought about. Rest assured my friend that if it comes to that I will stand right along side with you until the very end. History may repeat itself here at the Fort but Im all in.
@tiggerdad It would be an honor to take the first watch in the crows nest so I am right there with you also.

Corgidad (Mike), I will keep my powder dry, my friend.

YOU load the shot for Stormy. (she needs a steady hand)

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

giphy.gif

Stormy will be an award winning sniper with her cool and her aim. Stand back and let the lady do her thing.....

65611-amblin_entertainment.jpg

Disney has no idea what they're up against. A woman "hacked off" is a formidable opponent!
I'd stand down if I were ya'll. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

I like our chances now.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I'm in, but I'm not wearin' the knee high tube socks in the picture, LOL

You seem younger than me, Stormy, so you do the shootin' and I will reload for you! Yes I love 100 loop for its location and proximity to a lot of things. I can't always afford it now it seems but if I can travel off-season I still love it.

tiggerdad,

I think all we have to do is rebuild the plans for Fort Sam Clemens on Tom Sawyer Island in MK behind Pioneer Hall. Although you guys keep treating me like an old far+, if I had spent any time in the Fort on TSI in my youth, my momma would have never been able to get me off. It has some corner towers, elevated "viewing" ranges, an a protected interior to hide the campers and pets. Plus a big gate we can close to keep the sad intruders out (those poor folks stuck in a hotel room during their stay - I feel sorry for them, don't you?)

Brian-Fort-Sam-Clemens-Aug-1978.jpg

I sort of feel like I'm Davy Crockett about to defend the Alamo.

But of course, we all know how that went. :sad2:

Bama Ed
Hay Bama Ed, when I first read your earlier post with you on the porch the Alamo was the first thing I thought about. Rest assured my friend that if it comes to that I will stand right along side with you until the very end. History may repeat itself here at the Fort but Im all in.
@tiggerdad It would be an honor to take the first watch in the crows nest so I am right there with you also.

I'll bring the hats!

I was thinking last night about the new resort and its name - my thought was, "what theme will the background music have"?

The only answer I could come up with is that Disney would recycle the Illuminations show music from Epcot: "Reflections" (of Earth)".

:crazy2:

Bama Ed

I'll take outside night patrol in a golf cart and signal "2 if by land and 1 if by water" if an attempted invasion starts.

You seem younger than me, Stormy, so you do the shootin' and I will reload for you! Yes I love 100 loop for its location and proximity to a lot of things. I can't always afford it now it seems but if I can travel off-season I still love it.

tiggerdad,

I think all we have to do is rebuild the plans for Fort Sam Clemens on Tom Sawyer Island in MK behind Pioneer Hall. Although you guys keep treating me like an old far+, if I had spent any time in the Fort on TSI in my youth, my momma would have never been able to get me off. It has some corner towers, elevated "viewing" ranges, an a protected interior to hide the campers and pets. Plus a big gate we can close to keep the sad intruders out (those poor folks stuck in a hotel room during their stay - I feel sorry for them, don't you?)

Brian-Fort-Sam-Clemens-Aug-1978.jpg

I sort of feel like I'm Davy Crockett about to defend the Alamo.

But of course, we all know how that went. :sad2:

Bama Ed

Don't know about our respective ages, Bama, but to give you a hint I WAS at Disneyland on its opening day in '55, albeit as a babe in arms. And I well remember the ramparts of the original Fort Wilderness on DL's TSI, including the rifles that were attached to the walls by chains! 👵🏻

I think the idea of 'recreating' the fort walls is a good one! I'll even sign up for sentry duty!!! All in the name of 'theme' and 'atmosphere' of course 😉

You load and I'll shoot if you want. DH (a crack shot) says I'm pretty good. Although I think I've seen a bit of an eyeroll now and again.🙄

Corgidad (Mike), I will keep my powder dry, my friend.

YOU load the shot for Stormy. (she needs a steady hand)

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

giphy.gif

Stormy will be an award winning sniper with her cool and her aim. Stand back and let the lady do her thing.....

65611-amblin_entertainment.jpg

Disney has no idea what they're up against. A woman "hacked off" is a formidable opponent!
I'd stand down if I were ya'll. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

I like our chances now.

Bama Ed

Now you sound like my nDH (non-Disney Husband!). His two favorite quotes are "A happy wife is a happy life" and "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".

Said with a wink and a grin, of course.

I am here now and they are clearing/working right across the street from the Bus Depot.

We need that Fort Wall, and count me in. I can bring a sling shot (my name is David).

But I am bit worried defending fort with a bunch of non-regulars that contains an establishment named after Davey Crockett. :scared:

But I am bit worried defending fort with a bunch of non-regulars that contains an establishment named after Davey Crockett. :scared:
I agree, David. If I remember my history correctly, that event didn't turn out so well for Crockett & Company, may they RIP!

Now you sound like my nDH (non-Disney Husband!). His two favorite quotes are "A happy wife is a happy life" and "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".

Said with a wink and a grin, of course.

Well with a poster name that included the word, "Stormy", I figured you could get riled up when you wanted to. :rolleyes:

And as other have expressed, I'm glad the horse barn for the work animals is staying at the Settlement end of the Fort.

Bama Ed

Here are some current pictures.

BusStop.jpg

We may be able to use the concrete barriers for base of the defense walls. :idea:

outside_pioneerhall.jpg
From Outside Pioneer Hall next to the ticket booths.

outside_pioneerhall2.jpg
We could put artillery behind these barriers.

outside_arcade.jpg

Here is from outside the arcade.

All in all it seems reflections is taking over.

I love the view from the new beach and I can't wait to grab some sunset photos this trip. What has me sad is that the boat ride won't look as serene anymore. River Country blended in with the rest of the area...now it's going to be some big monstrosity that doesn't match the rest of the look of WL and the Fort.

How's the construction noise for those who have stayed in the preferred loops?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!