New prices means no vow renewal. :(

csmith1004

DIS Veteran
Hubby and I were planning on a Memories vow renewal next year but since we really want it on our actual anniversary which will fall on a Monday that means a min of $8000. It would have been just us and our 2 kids so that price is out of the question. :( Now I need to come up with a plan B. I am not so much disappointed in missing out on a ceremony but the pictures. We still want to do a family mini MK portrait session but I assume they will not let me wear my veil. My dress is just a simple short ivory dress so At least I’ll have that.

Hubby and I were planning on a Memories vow renewal next year but since we really want it on our actual anniversary which will fall on a Monday that means a min of $8000. It would have been just us and our 2 kids so that price is out of the question. :( Now I need to come up with a plan B. I am not so much disappointed in missing out on a ceremony but the pictures. We still want to do a family mini MK portrait session but I assume they will not let me wear my veil. My dress is just a simple short ivory dress so At least I’ll have that.
Not they will not let you wear a veil. I know you say your dress is short and simple but if they think it looks anything weddingy, they will turn you away and it has been known to happen.

Trying to come up with a plan B, and thinking about a park view room at the Contemporary. We could set up our own video camera and do a short ceremony ourselves. DH has always wanted to stay at the Contemporary so he is more excited about this than the wedding plan. :)

You could take pics around the Contemporary in your dress and such, right?

I don’t know. That would be great if we could. My dress is just a simple ivory short 50’s style dress so wearing that around isn’t a problem but I made a elbow length veil with Mickey heads that I hope to wear in pictures.

The veil could pose a problem I bet. The dress shouldn't. If you went when no one else much was out and about you might could possibly do it.

Let me ask you this if you dont mind, what price did you
originally have in mind before the increase?

The basic Memories package was $3500. That included a photographer and violinist and bouquet. For me the whole experience was for that “bridal moment” captured on film with Cinderella castle in the background.

Since I would want this on our actual anniversary and that is a Monday, we are now looking at a price of $8000. I can’t get those castle views at Swan/Dolphin or other non-Disney options. DH and I are fine with doing our vows on our own so that is why I’m thinking a room at Contemporary is a good option.

We’ve stayed in a room with the theme park view at the Contemporary. It’s a gorgeous view of the lake and you can see Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter pretty well... I haven’t been since the Tron construction started but I would imagine you might be able to see it. But the castle looks pretty tiny from the balcony, I don’t want to be negative but it will be a much different photo than the “bridal moment” captured on film with Cinderella castle in the background you were describing.
I’m attaching a photo from our balcony so you can get an idea of what it looks like. Keep in mind this was zoomed in on the castle...

Attachments

• A56A61F8-C1C5-40BF-84CC-91D3773092C8.jpeg
    A56A61F8-C1C5-40BF-84CC-91D3773092C8.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 67
We’ve stayed in a room with the theme park view at the Contemporary. It’s a gorgeous view of the lake and you can see Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter pretty well... I haven’t been since the Tron construction started but I would imagine you might be able to see it. But the castle looks pretty tiny from the balcony, I don’t want to be negative but it will be a much different photo than the “bridal moment” captured on film with Cinderella castle in the background you were describing.
I’m attaching a photo from our balcony so you can get an idea of what it looks like. Keep in mind this was zoomed in on the castle...
Thanks for the info! I know the castle will be small but it will be there. :) Honestly, the ceremony at Grand Floridian location is even further from the castle though the angle is probably better. I’m not thinking it will look like we had a ceremony inside MK but I just want it to be noticeable that we are at Disney. Even some of the official Disney wedding locations were not ‘Disney’ enough for me. Lol.

Instead of a room at the contemporary that may be pricey, why not go to the California grill even if you just to the lounge for drinks then go on the rooftop later for photos where you'll see the castle in the background? Or even at night when the fireworks are going off as you can wear your wedding dress there x

The basic Memories package was $3500. That included a photographer and violinist and bouquet. For me the whole experience was for that “bridal moment” captured on film with Cinderella castle in the background.

Since I would want this on our actual anniversary and that is a Monday, we are now looking at a price of $8000. I can’t get those castle views at Swan/Dolphin or other non-Disney options. DH and I are fine with doing our vows on our own so that is why I’m thinking a room at Contemporary is a good option.
That is an absurd amount of increase and I do feel for you. I support you in doing what you can. That is just ridiculous pricing now.

How long will it be before Disney starts a proposal package? Can't propose without paying a fee?

We ended up ditching our plans for a small ceremony prior to our marriage for the same reason - cost. I like your idea of getting married at the Contemporary and having photos done there. As others have said, the veil may be an issue BUT what about bridal ears for some of the pictures? And for the photos could you use the veil like a shrug? Just drape it over your shoulders for a photo or two? Just a few ideas to try and incorporate a few items to meet your wants/needs.

I think she could do the veil if she is discreet enough. Plan out where there are few people at certain times of the day around the Contemporary. Regular guest would care less, over zealous Disney employees would be the ones you would need to look out for.

That is an absurd amount of increase and I do feel for you. I support you in doing what you can. That is just ridiculous pricing now.

The whole thing costs an absurd amount of money, especially for a ceremony that really doesn't do anything. Even for an actual wedding it is a crazy price, but for a renewal, it seems like a waste of money.

One of the things I was sad about not having was the crystal Mickey heads in my bouquet (silly, I know) so DD and I decided to make our own! :)07B4A36E-7B66-413A-8A40-EDBF65BADC57.jpeg

Reactions: mm1
1) I would recommend your private ceremony to be at Fort Wilderness.
2) Book and cabin and you have a nice "yard" area.
3) Plus, there would not be a problem wearing your veil around the campground.
4) In fact, you will probably get complements and best wishes,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!