NEW, Resort Reviews on WDWinfo.com

It appears that they only want reviews if you've stayed in the cabins and not your personal RV.
I would give the Fort a 5 star review for what it offers to people like myself who will never stay in one of the hotels again. I'm really not that interested in the parks any longer, only accompanying my wife when she wants to go to something special like flower and garden festival.
So, here's my review:
A stay at the Fort can be pretty pricey. But! I have stayed at RV resorts that cost the same or more with less amenities and less to offer than Fort Wilderness. Plus, there's something to be said for staying in your own "Home" not to mention the savings in food costs alone so really it's a deal in my humble opinion.
The sites that we have been in were clean and well prepared.
We have only stayed in premium sites because I fit. That being said there was plenty of room.
The water pressure was great! Don't laugh, I rate hotel rooms the same way. It can be a 5 star hotel, but if the water pressure is bad the entire room review suffers.
We don't use the comfort stations but I have checked them out and they have always been clean, well supplied and well appointed.
The boats to the MK work very well. Sometimes the wait can seem long, but I chalk that up to perception rather than reality. I have never had to take a bus to MK due to weather so I can't offer an opinion.
The internal buses can be time consuming due to frequent stops, but it is what it is. Because of this we rent a golf cart for convenience sake and absorb the cost. That's a personal decision I accept.
The bus service to and from the parks are as good as any of the hotels.
Like many of the other resorts there is a family/kids pool as well as a quiet pool.
Finally, and this covers a lot of ground... There is enough to do on Fort property that you can have a fun and enjoyable stay without even leaving.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter