New Reunion Station use

SPOILER ALERT: I had a long day at work, and I'm feeling a bit snarky about Disney at the moment for a variety of reasons, so just skip this post if you're looking for a positive spin on Reunion Station. Forewarned and all that. . . pirate:

Thanks for the update! My sister was initially excited about this (she's a huge football fan and is always looking for places to watch the games), but decided not to do it when she heard that they were only playing two games. She thinks they should have paid the extra money to get Red Zone and that it's obvious a non-football fan designed the experience.

I'm still waiting for the Community Hall! (not holding my breath!) I love the ones at Kidani and BWV... I own at CCV so I was really hoping...
I don't think it's so much a non-football fan who came up with the idea so much as Disney just does things on the cheap anymore in an attempt to wring profit out of every possible place. Reunion Station was set up to fail due to a lack of foresight because it was simpler and cheaper not to put in a Signature restaurant or some lovely TOTWL spot or even a community hall: "Let's build this inexpensive structure and see what ideas might work. . .as long as we can keep down the labor costs. After all, we have to keep labor at minimal staffing so Iger can have his $68M salary."

Grabbing lunch at Geyser Point on our way out today (Sunday the 22nd) and stopped by to see the set up. Door was locked and CM was in there. Told her I wanted to check out the set up for when we are back in December. She said the event was cancelled due to lack of sign up. She also said since they only have local games (it was CBS Ravens at Chiefs in at the bar) they are trying to figure out everything. She said to check back before I come in December as they are testing this out. Definitely has potential for something, would be great if they did $30 for 2 drinks and wings, sliders, and other snacks. It’s $15 for 8 wings at bar so would consider if I could watch and eat all day.
It will be gone by December given the desultory nature of the events so far. . .

EDITED TO ADD (9/25/19): I think Disney still does a lot of things well, but it's like an old, but comfortable pair of jeans that are showing fraying around the edges and small tears at the seams. Rather than improve them or buy a new pair, we just snip the threads and sew the tears. Disney's model for the past several years has been make maximum profits--which as many argue is what big companies do. But, at whose expense? My answer, and mine alone, is that the patrons suffer as staffing is cut, reduced in hours, and we are charged for every little item. I'm not a doomsayer, but I do believe at some point Disney will disenfranchise so many that their bottom line will be hurt. Perhaps then they'll adjust the corporate philosophy that, in simplistic terms, says "a billion dollars in profit this quarter is great--we don't need to go for two billion." Ehhh, maybe not. . .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!