• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Servers-message from Alex

KarenNY

<font color=darkorchid>Chat Host<br><font color=gr
The DIS just keeps growing and growing!! Once again we have outgrown our existing servers. For those that have been around a while you know that that means! New server time!
Pete has just signed the contracts on all new servers for these boards and I hope to get them installed within the next several weeks.
I am VERY hopeful that this migration will not cause as many problems as some of our past migrations. We are keeping the same software with the same hosting company so we will not have the losses and problems we had with previous migrations.
The look and feel should be identical to our existing boards.
Later this year we will be upgrading the software to the all new V-Bulletin version 3, but we will have plenty of notice, test boards to try out, etc.

WARNING The following is geek talk and should only be read by those that can handle that!

We currently run on 2 Red Hat Linux based servers. One is for the database and the other server assembles the pages.

The existing front end server is a P-IV 1.2 Ghz with 1 gig of RAM and an 18 Gig 10k SCSI drive.
It will be replaced by a Dual Xeon 3.06 box with 2 gigs of RAM and an 18 Gig 15k SCSI drive

The existing database server is Dual P-III 933's with 1.5 gigs of RAM and 2 18 Gig 10k RPM SCSI drives.
It will be replaced by a Dual Xeon 2.8 Ghz box with 2 gigs of RAM and 5 36 Gig SCSI drives in a RAID 10 array with a hot spare.

As you can see we are making a substantial investment in the boards and I am very hopeful that not only will we be able to support more users but some features such as search will be much more available.

Alex

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter