New strategies for park rides!!!!

julietcf14

Pudge controls the weather
I know there has been a lot of frustration and disappointment the last few months but with the parks officially reopening, and people now getting their reservations set, I wanted to do something a little more hopeful

1) With no fast passes to rely on, what order are you going to go for rides for each park?
2) what will your ride picking strategy be?
3) do you think the lines will be long

My answers:
1) MK: 7 dwarves mine train first
EP: Try to hop around future world and get as many big rides as possible and then hope there is a lull at the frozen ride later
HS: Minnie and mickeys first!! (we have already been on ROTR and the kids are too little for it)
AK: Avatar!!!! I’ve been waiting sooo long!!!

2) I’m going to watch the lines of the MDE app for the first few weeks (we go in sept) to get a feel for which rides have long lines. I feel like there are rides that traditionally have manageable lines that will be much longer due to social distancing measures (ie leaving seats open and cleaning between guests) and some that can basically run just like they did previously but now with fewer guests (most of the dark rides) making the waits shorter. I may change my strategy and which ones we go to first based on that.

3) On this one I am torn. Well I feel that the decreased crowds and keeping the park at only 30% capacity will definitely make the line shorter, with out fast pass and with all the social distancing measures I’m not entirely positive that the lines will be that much shorter. In fact some lines could be surprisingly long. I’m curious what other Disney fans are thinking about this.

Let’s get excited about Disney again!!!

I think watch what happens and then whatever rides seem to build the longest lines use old school strategies like rope dropping or park close.

Maybe WDW will also pick a few of the highest demand rides to add virtual queues. From the look of Universal attendance and flow, it might be a great time to see WDW without too much worry about lines.

1) Order of Rides. I'm thinking we'll hit rides depending on location. Like at MK, we'll go to Tomorrowland and hopefully go on those, then go to the next land, etc.

2) Ride Picking Strategy. We're hoping to get on rides in the same general area before moving to the next area. In a way, it will be refreshing to not have to sprint all over the parks hitting our 3 main FP's.

3) Will Lines be Long. I do think the lines will be long. Honestly, I don't understand why Disney doesn't let us choose FPs while in the parks. They will have reduced attendance and park reservations, so it seems like FPs can be manageable if people choose them while inside the park. It would also reduce the number of people in lines. I feel like everyone is going to flock to FoP in AK and that line will be 2 miles long. If we choose FPs inside the park, then people would have a set time to get in line. Even if they just implement this system for the big-ticket rides, it might help the long lines and spread people out more.

1. MK: I like to start in Frontierland/Adventureland and work clockwise around the park. AK: Our kids are not old enough to race to a ride at rope drop. We might start at Dinosaur and work the other way and hope that FOP is not backed up later in the day. HS: No idea yet; have to research a little. Epcot: Probably Soarin first. Need to think about this one more, too.

2. I am hopeful lines will be quick for the majority of attractions, but I think the rides that were biggest draws (SDMT, FOP, MMRR, FEA) will still have waits as everyone flocks to them. We may see that rope drop is the longest lines for these rides as there is an initial rush but no one come in in after them to keep them long all day. That all means, I will try to pick the next tier of rides early for hopefully no/short waits (MK: BTMR, SM, POC, HM).

3. Crossing my fingers the lines are short, though I do think the big names will be longer for the initial surge. The whole point of going now is to experience the parks without the insane crowds and long waits that have become the standard experience. That's why I'm willing to go with masks, fewer experiences and limited park hours. If we do all that AND the lines are long then we are suckers.

I’m going to wait and see how my comfort level goes. Right now I’m thinking I will be okay with outdoor attractions and just walking around taking in the atmosphere. Not sure how I feel yet about indoors or rides with a lot of touching going on-stuff like Flight of Passage and Toy Story come to mind. I’m hoping to go for the AP preview, otherwise not until the beginning of August. I might feel differently by then.

But, then, I’m one of those dorks who will enjoy just being there.

We were just talking about this. I don't think the lines will be too bad (especially in the first few weeks/months). Remember, there will be no FP lines merging with the regular lines, so they should move fairly quickly with only 1 line. Don't get me wrong, I think the headliners will have a line, I just don't think it will be hours long. We are planning to Rope Drop (whatever that means in the new world) but with masks/heat, we are not going to rush. We have found slow and steady helps with the overheating. I am actually wondering if a reverse strategy might work better. I think the lines will spike right away for the headliners, but then drop later in the day as people spread out in the parks. And with no park hopping and limited hours, I would expect most guests will be in the parks early and then trickle out as the day progresses.

The only day that worries me is our DHS day. We missed the Star Wars by 1 week last year, so have those 2 rides/land and the Runaway Train to do. Those will be top priority. I'll be carefully watching the strategy for that park. The other parks, I think we will just take at an easier pace. (we go first week of August).

Does anyone have a shot in the dark of what kind of attendance levels Disney will be allowing when they open?

I guess it’s a whole new Disney, isn’t it? We will have to make all new strategies. And then as things change, our strategies will stop working and we will have to make new ones.
Ooyyy!

It will be just like 1995 again! We'll probably head to fantasy land first and then tomorrowland. We'll be at MK for 2.5 days so can split the days up.

Epcot we'll do test track first unless Rat is open then that first

AK might go to Everest first and hit FOP later after the first surge. Lines should be pretty steady throughout the day since no FP.

Hollywood Studios will be all about Star Wars for us.

I'm excited about old school if in fact it turns out to be more old school. We prefer a regular line without FPs slowing it down. At least we fondly remember those days and we want to see if we like it as much as we remember.

As far as what rides, we will keep an eye on the boards before we decide for sure but we were talking last night about leaving headliners until later in the day. With no FPs and no park hoppers, we think the lines may thin out later in the day when people are tired of masks and leave the park to take a break. Who knows though if that is how things will really happen.

First there was the stress of the parks closing and having to rebook resort reservations, next the stress of losing all FPs and ADRs, then the stress of getting park reservations, and now the added stress of having to come up with a new ride strategy in each park. Well let me tell you something, I eat stress for breakfast, so I'm ready to get to the parks and have a blast each day!
First day MK because it has the most original magic!
Second day HS because it has ROTR and MMRR (haven't done these yet)
Next day (you thought I was gonna say third, didn't you) AK for FOP and Everest
Last but not least EPCOT for Soarin and Test Track
Rinse and repeat until we have to go back home. (our other home)
I'm ready
Let's go!

I don't think there will be any lines. I thought all the rides will be on a virtual queue, with no standby. Otherwise, how can you have social distancing?

I know there has been a lot of frustration and disappointment the last few months but with the parks officially reopening, and people now getting their reservations set, I wanted to do something a little more hopeful

1) With no fast passes to rely on, what order are you going to go for rides for each park?
2) what will your ride picking strategy be?
3) do you think the lines will be long

My answers:
1) MK: 7 dwarves mine train first
EP: Try to hop around future world and get as many big rides as possible and then hope there is a lull at the frozen ride later
HS: Minnie and mickeys first!! (we have already been on ROTR and the kids are too little for it)
AK: Avatar!!!! I’ve been waiting sooo long!!!

2) I’m going to watch the lines of the MDE app for the first few weeks (we go in sept) to get a feel for which rides have long lines. I feel like there are rides that traditionally have manageable lines that will be much longer due to social distancing measures (ie leaving seats open and cleaning between guests) and some that can basically run just like they did previously but now with fewer guests (most of the dark rides) making the waits shorter. I may change my strategy and which ones we go to first based on that.

3) On this one I am torn. Well I feel that the decreased crowds and keeping the park at only 30% capacity will definitely make the line shorter, with out fast pass and with all the social distancing measures I’m not entirely positive that the lines will be that much shorter. In fact some lines could be surprisingly long. I’m curious what other Disney fans are thinking about this.

Let’s get excited about Disney again!!!
As someone who generally goes during slower times and have a good touring plan down; using fastpasses to generally not wait more than 25 mins or so for any ride...I know our experience/waits will unfortunately be longer, probably much. Add into that the extreme reduction of park hours (less time to speead ppl. out) and I fully expect not to get as much done sadly. You also have to consider all the things/shows that will be closed (especially at DHS) and those are things that eat up crowds that now won't happen.

I don't think there will be any lines. I thought all the rides will be on a virtual queue, with no standby. Otherwise, how can you have social distancing?

But having everyone in orderly lines with socdis markers might be more effective than vq folks milling about.

I'm looking forward to attending the parks with limited admission and no FastPass use by anyone. The lines will flow better that way. I'm sure there will be waits, but not as bad as when you were stuck in a line without a FastPass before the pandemic.

Sure, lines will be longer because of the distancing but should move faster for rides that hold only one party anyway like Peter Pan. Rides that hold larger numbers of people per ride vehicle will be slower due to the required spacing.
On another note, is my fav People Mover not going to be running? Who do I call?

I'm going in with the idea that if we skip the headliners (may try for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, we haven't been) the lines won't be bad and we'll have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter