New strategies for park rides!!!!

It doesn't seem like any kind of strategy is necessary at all outside of getting a BG for RotR - most everything is a walk-on, wait times get inflated as usual to try and spread people out, but the parks are empty and I can't wait. Someone of course correct me if I'm wrong but it seems needless to try and plan/speculate when you could do everything twice without even trying.

So, I have a trip in 3 weeks... can someone explain if I have a chance to ride RotR if we dont get there early? I'm confused as to what I need to do...

So, I have a trip in 3 weeks... can someone explain if I have a chance to ride RotR if we dont get there early? I'm confused as to what I need to do...
Maybe, maybe not. There is a thread on this in the Galaxy Edge subforum. First boarding group distribution occurs at 10am, second at at 1pm, and (possibly, depending how quickly the line is getting through boarding groups) there will be a third boarding group at 4pm. Regardless of when you show up, boarding groups are not guaranteed and have been fully distributed in under a minute. Obviously, arriving and trying for the 10am boarding group gives you the best chances since you get three tries to get a boarding group instead of, say, arriving at 2pm when you only have one chance, and it's possible few or none will be distributed in the 4pm batch because the ride is running behind for the day.

Maybe, maybe not. There is a thread on this in the Galaxy Edge subforum. First boarding group distribution occurs at 10am, second at at 1pm, and (possibly, depending how quickly the line is getting through boarding groups) there will be a third boarding group at 4pm. Regardless of when you show up, boarding groups are not guaranteed and have been fully distributed in under a minute. Obviously, arriving and trying for the 10am boarding group gives you the best chances since you get three tries to get a boarding group instead of, say, arriving at 2pm when you only have one chance, and it's possible few or none will be distributed in the 4pm batch because the ride is running behind for the day.

thanks for this info but I am still lost as to how to get a boarding group. Do I have to be at a certain place/time or just in the park and use MDE?

I am sta
I am starting to think arriving in time for the 1:00 boarding group distribution is the way to go. Someone wrote that everything else is a walk-on but I'm not seeing that for HS. It sounds like lines diminish as the day goes on but all of the headliners are over an hour at rope drop. It also looks like the hardest time of the day to maintain a safe distance. I know I'm sacrificing a lot of my chance to ride RotR by skipping the first distribution, but my day is over once the kids have had their limit of standing in long queues in the sun.

I am sta

I am starting to think arriving in time for the 1:00 boarding group distribution is the way to go. Someone wrote that everything else is a walk-on but I'm not seeing that for HS. It sounds like lines diminish as the day goes on but all of the headliners are over an hour at rope drop. It also looks like the hardest time of the day to maintain a safe distance. I know I'm sacrificing a lot of my chance to ride RotR by skipping the first distribution, but my day is over once the kids have had their limit of standing in long queues in the sun.
It just opened and the only thing with a line longer than 20 minutes is MMRR, which does go down as the day goes on. I'd go ride TT and RnR, head to TSL, rides the other GE rides, and then hit up MMRR in the afternoon after a nice lunch....then ride everything again (that's my plan anyway. I've yet to see anything in the last few days that gets over an hour beside MMRR, so I think you'll be fine if you really wanted to get there at 10 for a BG. I've already booked a late lunch to take advantage of AC & a mask break so I can refuel for the afternoon when it starts to clear out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!