New strategies for park rides!!!!

Capacity will be lower than usual due to the reservation system.

Yeah but ride capacity will also be lower than usual due to social distancing requirements. On some rides that won't have as much of an effect, but on others (RoTR comes to mind for various reasons I won't get into due to spoilers), reduced capacity could obliterate whatever benefit reduced park capacity could offer.

I'm curous how DAS factors into this. We have at least a couple in our group. It does end up working the way virtual cues do, but it will be a whole new world (minus the tigers and flying carpets. 😂)

Yeah but ride capacity will also be lower than usual due to social distancing requirements. On some rides that won't have as much of an effect, but on others (RoTR comes to mind for various reasons I won't get into due to spoilers), reduced capacity could obliterate whatever benefit reduced park capacity could offer.

True, but I think it really depends on the ride and also just how many people are actually allowed in the parks. I think its pretty reasonable to think that most rides will have a little bit shorter of a wait, and some won't. Universal's wait times aren't that bad as of late, so I'm using that as my gauge right now. Will be interesting to see once the parks open!

Overall, I think wait times will be shorter. The most important factor, when it comes to wait times, is the number of bodies in the park (and in line in front of you).

I think rope drop is relative with the parks having fixed hours. FOP at 8am will be advantageous as many don't want to be at the park at 8am. Being at EPCOT 'rope drop' at 11am will offer far less benefit so I'd try TT at 4pm (and right before close) than at RD. Same for ROTR, most everyone going to HS can get there by 10 so I'd likely do the other rides earlier and move to that later.

I personally think there is going to be a feel of the early days of after hours events. I think with the elimination of the fast pass, Disney may utilize virtual queues a lot more. This is going to change everything about WDW and I think that we are going to find a lot of these changes sticking after COVID is over.

With utilizing rope drop, late night and fast pass we haven’t waited 30 minutes for anything in several years. It’s going to be hard to wait in line for 60 minutes.
Ditto! I watched a livestream yesterday, of the cast member preview. The jungle cruise was a 40 minute wait, yet Peter Pan was 5 minutes, as well as Splash and space. Peter Pan is one ride I haven’t been on in years because it normally has a one hour wait time, and I always go to WDW during lowest attendance, LOL. I might get to ride it this September, woohoo! I’ll be watching as many videos, vlogs and anything I can get my hands on to read about to help us figure out ride strategies before September!!

Touring Plans website along with the Lines app will tell me where, when, and what order to take on rides.
I love Touring Plans, like helping with resort requests, but I don't know if they will be able to update their strategy with the "New Normal" by the time I go in Nov. I will keep watching tho. I would be happy to be wrong!

I love Touring Plans, like helping with resort requests, but I don't know if they will be able to update their strategy with the "New Normal" by the time I go in Nov. I will keep watching tho. I would be happy to be wrong!
I literally still chose my park day "pass" based on their recommendation, LOL..............I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed for September

After watching vlogs yesterday I think at MK Splash Mountain will be close to top priority as a first ride of the day followed by Jungle Cruise which loads even slower than normal. Everything else seemed really low waits.

At AK Safari was operating at full capacity so low wait and FOP was only 5 minutes most of the day.

After watching vlogs yesterday I think at MK Splash Mountain will be close to top priority as a first ride of the day followed by Jungle Cruise which loads even slower than normal. Everything else seemed really low waits.

At AK Safari was operating at full capacity so low wait and FOP was only 5 minutes most of the day.
You probably saw the pictures, but safari has plexiglass between each row, where jungle cruise has plexiglass in the seats separating each party. Safari is at full capacity, Jungle Cruise is...slow. I wonder if a switch to safari-style seating on the jungle cruise is in the works? Seems like it would speed it up even without COVID restrictions. As a So Cal resident it never made any sense to me that the DL Jungle Cruise (MUCH better IMHO) always has so much shorter lines than the WDW Jungle Cruise. Same exact boats, but the line for the WDW JC just CRAWLS.

You probably saw the pictures, but safari has plexiglass between each row, where jungle cruise has plexiglass in the seats separating each party. Safari is at full capacity, Jungle Cruise is...slow. I wonder if a switch to safari-style seating on the jungle cruise is in the works? Seems like it would speed it up even without COVID restrictions. As a So Cal resident it never made any sense to me that the DL Jungle Cruise (MUCH better IMHO) always has so much shorter lines than the WDW Jungle Cruise. Same exact boats, but the line for the WDW JC just CRAWLS.
I did. :) The Jungle cruise seemed to only be seating 3 parties on each boat leaving the middle and also 2 sections (one on each side) of the skipper empty.

I wonder if Disneyland has less wheelchairs in general than World. We went a few years ago with a scooter and didn't' see as many around the park. So they might not have to pause as many boats for wheelchairs which can really speed things up.

Any thoughts on how capacity will differ between cast member previous and when parks open to the public July 11? Thanks!

I did. :) The Jungle cruise seemed to only be seating 3 parties on each boat leaving the middle and also 2 sections (one on each side) of the skipper empty.

I wonder if Disneyland has less wheelchairs in general than World. We went a few years ago with a scooter and didn't' see as many around the park. So they might not have to pause as many boats for wheelchairs which can really speed things up.
Oh there are plenty of scooters in DL. I don't think JC is as popular in DL? You might be right though - I can see someone wanting a scooter in WDW with the heat and the wider walkways, where they might opt for a wheelchair in DL. There are also SOOOO many more AP's in the park and they've ridden it a million times. Same goes for PotC. The line in DL is typically < 20 minutes. WDW PotC - good luck waiting less than 40 minutes. DL version is MUCH better on that one too. NO question FP+ adds to both the JC and PotC line waits (DL versions don't have FP on either ride).

Oh there are plenty of scooters in DL. I don't think JC is as popular in DL? You might be right though - I can see someone wanting a scooter in WDW with the heat and the wider walkways, where they might opt for a wheelchair in DL. There are also SOOOO many more AP's in the park and they've ridden it a million times. Same goes for PotC. The line in DL is typically < 20 minutes. WDW PotC - good luck waiting less than 40 minutes. DL version is MUCH better on that one too. NO question FP+ adds to both the JC and PotC line waits (DL versions don't have FP on either ride).
I agree Pirates is soooooo much better in Land. There's an actual cohesive story there. I love that ride there!

I literally still chose my park day "pass" based on their recommendation, LOL..............I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed for September
Haha so did I! I was like this is literally meaningless but I have to base it on SOMETHING! Hard to break the planning habits!

Whhhaaat? Something can't be right. Just checked the app and saw a 20 minute wait for Dinosaur and 5 minute wait for flight of passage? Even though CM preview is probably far fewer people than regular, that just doesn't make sense.

Has a strategy started to emerge from the early reports? It sounds like Rope Drop is optional and big rides are easier a bit later in the day. At MK, it looks like the longer waits are Splash, Jungle Cruise, SDMT (and Starbucks :) ). I might change my strategy here. I usually start in Adventureland/Frontierland and work my way clockwise, but it sounds like Tomorrowland is pretty empty early. I also think we may sleep in a little to avoid the initial crowd walking down Main Street. The other change may be that we look to ride some rides multple times (instead of rushing off to get in line for the next one). If the secondary attractions are walk-on, I could see riding Dumbo or Pooh a couple of times before moving on.

AK looks wide open with the exception of Navi River Journey, which I would not miss in the least. I've read about longer lines at FEA in Epcot.

And HS seems to be the outlier with longer waits on most rides (especially long waits for MMRR and RoR), but they've only been open a couple of days and may need time to work some kinks out. Does this jibe with what you guys are seeing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!